Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon placed on IR
(11-22-2020, 11:55 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no such thing as a 3 or 4 year rebuilding plan in the NFL anymore.  With the amount of money we spent on free agents plus adding 2 first round picks there was no excuse for not being competitive this year.

I agree, but you have to commit to a rebuild for it to really be a rebuild. They were hoping a rookie QB, an injured T and a bunch of FA pickups were going to turn this team into a SB contender after a few years.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The bengals paid Gio and he plays.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote:  They were hoping a rookie QB, an injured T and a bunch of FA pickups were going to turn this team into a SB contender after a few years.

No.  They were planning on being competitive this year.  That is why they spent over $23 million on one-year deals for Green and Alexander.  That is why they paid Mixon.  They felt that a good running game was crucial to helping a rookie QB be effective.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:55 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  They were planning on being competitive this year.  That is why they spent over $23 million on one-year deals for Green and Alexander.  That is why they paid Mixon.  They felt that a good running game was crucial to helping a rookie QB be effective.

Does this seem like a good plan to you? We were not going to win/compete for a SB this year, and probably not next (tho we at least get into PO) with a rookie QB and other holes on the team like OL and LB. They should have concentrated on a group of guys that would push for a SB in years 3-5 with JB.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:35 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: I agree, but you have to commit to a rebuild for it to really be a rebuild.

Miami commited to a rebuild.  They won 5 games last season (3 more than us), and are currently sitting at 6-3. 

Maybe, just maybe, our rebuild has been incredibly unsuccessful thus far.  And maybe, just maybe, we need to realize that, if Zac Taylor fails to finish strong this season.
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 12:43 AM)/ jfkbengals Wrote: Were that true, then RBs would be just like kickers in the draft, almost never taken before round 5.

We all know that isn't even close to true.

What are you talking about? The shift in when running backs have been drafted the past 5 years has been DRASTIC. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Miami commited to a rebuild.  They won 5 games last season (3 more than us), and are currently sitting at 6-3. 

Maybe, just maybe, our rebuild has been incredibly unsuccessful thus far.  And maybe, just maybe, we need to realize that, if Zac Taylor fails to finish strong this season.

The rebuild never happened. The Bengals never traded assets to get picks. They sat on their hands for 3 years while re-signing aging vets to large contracts. 

Imagine what this team would like like if we traded Geno, Dunlap, Kirkpatrick, AJ, etc for high draft picks 2-3 years ago when we were TERRIBLE. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-22-2020, 02:22 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Miami commited to a rebuild.  They won 5 games last season (3 more than us), and are currently sitting at 6-3. 

How does what you said differ from my response? I said you have to commit to a rebuild for it a to a rebuild.  
Reply/Quote