Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How has the Seattle game changed your expectations for the season?
For those who say our dominance in losing at Seattle means nothing, what would you be saying if we lost by 1 at Seattle, but they had had 429 yards to our 232?

I have a hunch those same fans would be saying we are a 3 or 4 win team with no hope.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I think some of you are wrong thinking this team is loaded with play-off talent and ZT better deliver fast. The TRUTH is when last we saw the Bengals there was Marvin Lewis and Hue Stinks on the sideline of a Last Place Team with some very Last Place Players. The O Line was awful, the D was awful and not even close to being a Play-Off Team. So there was a huge change of coaches and some players. So ZT was handed one of the worst team of players in the NFL. To expect Play-Offs in ZT's first year is asking too much. The hiring of Coach Taylor should not be a one year try out, because it will probably take more than one year and several drafts to rebuild Marvins Last Place Team.

That said, I hope they win their Home Opener and NEW DEY & Coach Taylor get their first Win. The O Line still has many problems, but somehow I hope Bengals win anyway. 49ers have a good D and that good TE. Marvin always had trouble against a TE like Kittle. I hope NEW DEY can get the win.

Remember this team did not get so awful over night and it will not be play-offs over night. It will be one day at a time and one week at a time as New Dey is only in it's second game. Marvin left the cupboard pretty bare, last place and awful. There is no magic wand for Coach Taylor. NEW DEY will take time. Again, Marvin left the cupboard pretty bare. Building a Dominate O Line alone will take a couple years due to lack of talent.

GO BENGALS. NEW DEY had to be. Old Who Dey was at rock bottom.

Paul Brown starting Bengals told Fans not to expect much the first 5 years. I won't say that for Taylor, but don't expect a miracle turnaround the first year. This team was bad, worse than many of you want to admit. It is not the most talented team in NFL as some of you like to believe. The O Line and D were just awful when Marvin left. Bengals had less talented players than most NFL teams when ZT took over less than 8 months ago.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those who say our dominance in losing at Seattle means nothing, what would you be saying if we lost by 1 at Seattle, but they had had 429 yards to our 232?

I have a hunch those same fans would be saying we are a 3 or 4 win team with no hope.

The yardage was impressive. The amount of points we scored for that amount of yardage wasn't impressive. The defense was impressive to.

Interestingly, last year the Cardinals were 3-13. Seattle was fighting by a playoff spot that last game of the season. They beat the Cardinals by 3 in Seattle 27-24. That's what they do. They play close games and win at the end. 

They LOST to the 4-12 49ers by 3. They beat the Panthers by 3 who had a bad year. They beat the Packers by 3. They lost to the Chargers. They beat the Cardinals by 3 (who were 3-13) so both Cardinals games they won by only 3. They lost to the Broncos.

They play close games generally and seem to play down to their competition. I doubt that Cardinals fans in their 3-13 year were all ecstatic about 2 3 point losses to Seattle.

I really wish we found a way to win that game.

I think we're to the point that we need to put the Seahawks game behind us from a debate perspective and need to absolutely win against BOTH the 49ers and Bills. IF this team is really improved, then beating the 49ers and Bills would be on the roadmap to making the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 08:04 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: For those who say our dominance in losing at Seattle means nothing, what would you be saying if we lost by 1 at Seattle, but they had had 429 yards to our 232?

It’s one game. How does it make sense to change all of your expectations either way after a single game? The Bengals didn’t get blown away on the road in a hostile environment. They were good enough that particular week to not get blown out and they weren’t good enough to pull out a game that was there for the taking. Shouldn’t it take more than one game to declare that a team is this or that? I’ve always thought that evaluating after 4 games is a decent measure of what you’ve got. If the Bengals can win today and be 2-2 after 4 games then I will be impressed. If they are 1-3 and have more yards then their opponents for the year, it doesn’t matter. They could have more points than their opponents for the year and be 1-3. That would make them like the Reds scoring more than their opponents and having a losing record. I like what I’ve heard from this coach and hopefully it begins to translate into wins starting today!
Reply/Quote
I'll give us a mulligan for a week 1 game on the west coast vs a franchise that's been quite successful as of late. With that being said, I'm waiting until this week's hopeful rout of the 49ers before I declare a "New Dey" seeing as we had the lead at halftime and then scored a mere 3 points in the second half and left with a loss. Isn't that just vintage Marvin in a brand new bottle?
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 11:42 AM)Nately120 Wrote: I'll give us a mulligan for a week 1 game on the west coast vs a franchise that's been quite successful as of late.  With that being said, I'm waiting until this week's hopeful rout of the 49ers before I declare a "New Dey" seeing as we had the lead at halftime and then scored a mere 3 points in the second half and left with a loss.  Isn't that just vintage Marvin in a brand new bottle?

Not necessarily. Marvin's 3 would be because we literally only made it to their side of the field once LOL
Reply/Quote
The way we moved the ball was impressive that was all coaching in spite of our crappy online . The defensive line was impressive as well. It still sucks we found another way to lose but it have me hope this season
Reply/Quote
(09-15-2019, 01:05 AM)Circleville Guy Wrote: Some people are content with less, you must be one of those people.

I know I have hit a nerve when someone pulls out this BS.  No one was talking about being content with a loss.  Instead we are looking at what happened last week and trying to judge how good our team is.

If all you think matters is the final score then you think the Bills (1-0) are better than the Texans (0-1).  End of story.  Own what you say instead of trying to backpeddle when called on it.
Reply/Quote