Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mixon's Licking His Chops!
Mixon has to be thanking his lucky stars that the Steelers picked Bush because Mixon is going to run over Bush! That's if Bush can even get off the blocks! Steelers continue to make stupid picks!

I LOVE IT!

Eifert and Uzomah will also have field days against him!

Devin Bush is tiny and can't shed blocks!

Did the Steelers forget what defense they play?!
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mixon has to be thanking his lucky stars that the Steelers picked Bush because Mixon is going to run over Bush!  That's if Bush can even get off the blocks!  Steelers continue to make stupid picks!  

I LOVE IT!

They already have sent their LB coaches to teach him the fine are of helmet spearing. Unlike Shazier they will also try to teach him to "keep his head on a swivel".
Reply/Quote
We have someone who can block? Mellow

But for real, I like Bush. I think he's a good pick. He probably won't be Shazier, but he's not a bad replacement. I am happy they gave up their second to trade up. They sorely need secondary help.
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I liked Bush's outfit last night... A mixture of Kool and the Gang, and that alien cantina in Star Wars.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I think Bush is gonna be a nice player for the Steelers.

Won't stop Mixon from running his ass over though!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:36 AM)Aquapod770 Wrote: PWe have someone who can block?  Mellow

But for real, I like Bush. I think he's a good pick. He probably won't be Shazier, but he's not a bad replacement. I am happy they gave up their second to trade up. They sorely need secondary help.

Yeah, the lost pick is the real story here.  Bush will do just fine.  
Reply/Quote
It's not fair. The Steelers had to trade all these picks away to get the 10th pick and the NFL just lets the Bengals pick 11th without giving anything up.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 05:46 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Yeah, the lost pick is the real story here.  Bush will do just fine.  
Actually, they lost TWO PICKS (three if you count swapping their first round position).

Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious Hilarious 

Tomlin's an idiot!  Even if Bush doesn't turn out to be a bust, he's still not a good 3-4 inside backer and definitely not good enough to sacrifice that much for him!  

Tomlin continues to be an idiot, as do the rest of the decisions makers for that team!

The fact that Drew Rosenhaus is his agent only makes it sweeter!  
(04-26-2019, 05:55 PM)6andcounting Wrote: It's not fair. The Steelers had to trade all these picks away to get the 10th pick and the NFL just lets the Bengals pick 11th without giving anything up.

And we ended up getting the player that fit better for us!  

Keep being you, Steelers!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 06:25 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: And we ended up getting the player that fit better for us!  

Keep being you, Steelers!
Congratulations on your right tackle.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 07:20 PM)6andcounting Wrote: Congratulations on your right tackle.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mixon has to be thanking his lucky stars that the Steelers picked Bush because Mixon is going to run over Bush!  That's if Bush can even get off the blocks!  Steelers continue to make stupid picks!  

I LOVE IT!

Nice pick with your 52nd overall pick to reach for TE Drew Sample who they rated as a 4th round pick.  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:32 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Nice pick with your 52nd overall pick to reach for TE Drew Sample who they rated as a 4th round pick.  ThumbsUp

It was a reach, but it could pay off and it looks like he could be a steal.

Too early, I agree, but he could be good.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:32 PM)Captain Obvious Wrote: Nice pick with your 52nd overall pick to reach for TE Drew Sample who they rated as a 4th round pick.  ThumbsUp

By the way, solid pick of Diontae Johnson who was rated by most as 6th round to undrafted  ThumbsUp  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 10:56 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: By the way, solid pick of Diontae Johnson who was rated by most as 6th round to undrafted  ThumbsUp  

You do know that Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder, right?  

This is why I find draft smack somewhat meaningless.  Predicting the success of draft choices is a very inexact science.  You don't really find out what you've got until a few years down the line.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:46 PM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: You do know that Antonio Brown was a 6th rounder, right?  

This is why I find draft smack somewhat meaningless.  Predicting the success of draft choices is a very inexact science.  You don't really find out what you've got until a few years down the line.

So they took a guy they could have gotten a lot later in hopes that he'll be the one acception that will be like AB out of thousands of picks at the same spot that don't end up as even making the team?

Seems like a solid reason to waste a high pick.

The logic of Steelers' fans  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
I am not upset about taking a blocking TE. Our best player at the moment is Joe. I love AJ but we need to focus on running the ball.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:37 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So they took a guy they could have gotten a lot later in hopes that he'll be the one acception that will be like AB out of thousands of picks at the same spot that don't end up as even making the team?

[Image: the-point-gif-5.gif]
I wasn’t necessarily arguing that it was a good pick.  Try reading my post again and see if you can figure it out.  

Also, it’s ‘exception’.  And, between busts and sleepers, there’s way more than one of them in the history of the draft.  You put waaay too much faith in projections.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2019, 11:29 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Mixon has to be thanking his lucky stars that the Steelers picked Bush because Mixon is going to run over Bush! That's if Bush can even get off the blocks! Steelers continue to make stupid picks!

I LOVE IT!

I’m pretty sure Devin Bush can take a hit better than a college girl in a pizza shop, so it’s no guarantee.

Not surprised by your support for woman beaters though, you’ve got a history of it.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2019, 03:37 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: So they took a guy they could have gotten a lot later in hopes that he'll be the one acception that will be like AB out of thousands of picks at the same spot that don't end up as even making the team?

**exception**
Reply/Quote
LOL, Mixon will be licking something alright but it won't be his chops. Hilarious
Reply/Quote