Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
2nd Qtr / Prevent D
(10-18-2020, 10:56 PM)Tony Wrote: Rivers went for 264 and 2 TDs in the 2nd qtr.. I noticed we went to a 3 down lineman Prevent defense and this was when it all went wrong. You have to pressure Rivers or this happens. It was his biggest quarter in his career. That's telling. I would just like to know who made the call to go prevent? Zack or Lou? It was our undoing...

I told my brother at halftime that someone from the league office called at the end of the 1st to tell em enough defense. It's unexplainable to me. 3 man rush in the 2nd quarter? 
Reply/Quote
Its painfully obvious Sweet Lou, like ZT is in way over their heads.

It's time to blow this up.

Fire ZT now, promote Simmons.
Fire Callahan, bring back Hue as OC.
Fire Turner, find competent High School line coach--instant upgrade.
Fire Lou Anarumo and wait for it---

Bring in Kerry Coombs as DC. An absolute in your face Zim v2.0...

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
The only thing I hate worse than Pittsburgh football...

...is Pittsburgh fans!!

SLIM--gone, but never forgotten...

Original Bengals message boards
Rep Points: 4726

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
This tendency to run prevent before any professionally coached team would is a major reason we lose so many close games and a major reason why you never see the Bengals really blow anyone out.

This is a franchise issue. This team simply does not know how to win. I told my boy this during that first quarter. We scored too fast. For us to have been comfortable that game we would’ve had to score at least 21 more points.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
PREVENT D was created by an offensive guru to allow their offense to win, he knew it would never work.
Reply/Quote