Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon tested positive for COVID - Out for Browns game
(01-05-2022, 01:03 PM)Sled21 Wrote: These evidently are not false positives, so no, there's no guarantee they'll clear for the playoffs.

Truth that.  

Just hope they are boosted.  If you are boosted, breakthrough cases tend to clear quicker.  

Yeah, if we had lost to KC, we'd be struggling to win this one. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 12:47 PM)ochocincos Wrote:
Looking more and more like a "rest your starters" game and see what the backups can do.

Yeah, I was a bit split about resting our starters for this game. Now it is a done deal. No point.

Give our backups some good snaps in what is pretty much a preseason game unless weird stuff happens.

We will lose most likely, oh well. 

Have to be rested for the Playoffs and ready to go and we can start beating on the Stains next season.

Thank God we beat the Chiefs is all I can say.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, I was a bit split about resting our starters for this game. Now it is a done deal. No point.

Give our backups some good snaps in what is pretty much a preseason game unless weird stuff happens.

We will lose most likely, oh well. 

Have to be rested for the Playoffs and ready to go and we can start beating on the Stains next season.

Thank God we beat the Chiefs is all I can say.

If the chiefs lose, you will see starters able play... The Texans already beat the titans this year too.. I hope this don't bite us. Rapien said some can come off if asymptomatic...
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:47 PM)Tony Wrote: If the chiefs lose, you will see starters able play... The Texans already beat the titans this year too.. I hope this don't bite us. Rapien said some can come off if asymptomatic...

Yes, still perplexed. That is a lot of starters though at this point in time of the week.

Also still have the feeling that Burrow will want to play and try to keep his hot hand alive and get revenge on the Stains.
Reply/Quote
Hope all goes well with Joe and any other Bengals who may have virus.

Glad this week does not matter but hope they still beat the stains.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Please, please, please do not let COVID affect the guys taking the field for the playoffs. My Bengals fandom will suffer more scars on the soul if we lose a big name player to COVID for the playoffs (plus, I hope any NFL player can keep good health).
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think very few if any COVID positives have missed more than 1 game.

Not taking it lightly, but these guys are also top shape compared to averages individuals. But honestly. There is nothing anyone can do about it but isolate and try to get better.

Right.  And being vaccinated should lessen the severity.

My son just came down with it and he has very mild symptoms.  He's 24 so about the same age.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:39 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Truth that.  

Just hope they are boosted.  If you are boosted, breakthrough cases tend to clear quicker.  

Yeah, if we had lost to KC, we'd be struggling to win this one. 

With the Cleveland and Baltimore losing wouldn't we have clinched the AFC North anyway?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:08 PM)Daddy-O Wrote: With the Cleveland and Baltimore losing wouldn't we have clinched the AFC North anyway?

No, because the Steelers would have had a shot at 9-7-1 if we were to finish 9-8. Thankfully don’t have to worry about it
Reply/Quote
It's Evans time. Let's see what the boy has. I think he's gon a suprise some people, and if checkdown Allen plays, he could go off..
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, still perplexed. That is a lot of starters though at this point in time of the week.

Also still have the feeling that Burrow will want to play and try to keep his hot hand alive and get revenge on the Stains.

If any more oline goes on the list, IDK.. I'm already worried.. The Browns are sitting Baker, but that might be worst for us at this point lol..
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:17 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: I think very few if any COVID positives have missed more than 1 game.

Not taking it lightly, but these guys are also top shape compared to averages individuals. But honestly. There is nothing anyone can do about it but isolate and try to get better.

But their first game back they can be less than full strength. The game before the Bengals tyreke was back but said he was exhausted and useless 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yes, still perplexed. That is a lot of starters though at this point in time of the week.

Nah... Burrow needs to sit now, and not even be in the locker room with the those that do play this week. Outside exposure only. To hell with this game now.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
For better or worse, gotta treat this like a bye week now. I understand fears of them coming out flat for the playoff game, I have them myself, but I guess we just have to trust the team to come back ready to go.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 01:31 PM)Tony Wrote: I guarantee you they are all back For the playoff.. These are high caliber athletes.. How many have missed anymore than the allocated time they set for them? Any?.... Trust me they will all be off it by Monday and Tuesday..

Vikings OL Dakota Dozier had tested positive on Nov 5 and ended up being hospitalized the night of Nov 9. He was released from the hospital on Nov 14. So that's longer than a week and ended up being severe. He did not play in another game until Dec 26, which was the first game he was healthy enough to play in since getting COVID.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/12/29/dakota-dozier-back-playing-for-vikings-after-covid-pneumonia-kicked-my-butt/
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:35 PM)Big Boss Wrote: For better or worse, gotta treat this like a bye week now.  I understand fears of them coming out flat for the playoff game, I have them myself, but I guess we just have to trust the team to come back ready to go.

They could treat it like a preseason game and have the starters play for like a few drives or a quarter or something.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Vikings OL Dakota Dozier had tested positive on Nov 5 and ended up being hospitalized the night of Nov 9. He was released from the hospital on Nov 14. So that's longer than a week and ended up being severe. He did not play in another game until Dec 26, which was the first game he was healthy enough to play in since getting COVID.

https://www.twincities.com/2021/12/29/dakota-dozier-back-playing-for-vikings-after-covid-pneumonia-kicked-my-butt/

That's what makes the entire thing so scary - its just random as hell. 

Odds are they will be fine, but man...you just never know. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I am worried.

Mixon was out to dinner with Chase and Higgins after the game Sunday. They had to have been 100% exposed.

Hopefully they don't test positive next week. This is just not good.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:50 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That's what makes the entire thing so scary - its just random as hell. 

Odds are they will be fine, but man...you just never know. 

That's 1 guy in the whole league.. I think the odds are in our favor here.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2022, 02:58 PM)Tony Wrote: That's 1 guy in the whole league.. I think the odds are in our favor here.. 

Like I said, odds are everyone will be OK. But you just never know. 
Reply/Quote