Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mixon-try out comment
(09-17-2019, 07:57 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Dammit! If he had only done this 25 years ago and they had a need at safety or WR...

Safety eh?  At Guard, I ran a 4.7 at age 31.  I would have sought you out and blocked you, and then joked about how you missed the tackle..  Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:14 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Safety eh?  At Guard, I ran a 4.7 at age 31.  I would have sought you out and blocked you, and then joked about how you missed the tackle..  Cool

No way. My body, at 53, may not be what it was then...but my agility is still off the charts. Back in the day you wouldn't have gotten a hand on me!!

:troll:  <----me doing the dance after you whiff and i knock the snot out of the RB for no gain. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Joe better be careful putting his money where his mouth is. Just because someone didn't play Pro Ball their whole life doesn't mean they cannot make it to the show. Hell we just signed that actor from 24 to play OG:
https://sports.yahoo.com/bengals-waive-pharoh-cooper-promote-230451425.html
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No way. My body, at 53, may not be what it was then...but my agility is still off the charts. Back in the day you wouldn't have gotten a hand on me!!

:troll:  <----me doing the dance after you whiff and i knock the snot out of the RB for no gain. 

No gain??  I'm thinking that I would have met and trucked you, about 8-10 yards down field.  After I turned the DT, gave the strong side LB an elbow to the helmet, and then raced to the outside to see you trying to pick up a last ditch tackle..   Cool

The older I get, the better I was..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:28 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: No gain??  I'm thinking that I would have met and trucked you, about 8-10 yards down field.  After I turned the DT, gave the strong side LB an elbow to the helmet, and then raced to the outside to see you trying to pick up a last ditch tackle..   Cool

The older I get, the better I was..

I'm thinking more along the lines that you would have lunged at me as i sped past you on the blitz and knocked the RB down for a 6 yard loss. At that point, i would look back at you sprawled out on the ground and give you one of these. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

That said...i like WR way more than S. I loved to hit but i loved running around and by people on the way to spectacular catches for TDs more. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Didn't know Mixon was emo. Would have been nicer if he never had Twitter.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm thinking more along the lines that you would have lunged at me as i sped past you on the blitz and knocked the RB down for a 6 yard loss. At that point, i would look back at you sprawled out on the ground and give you one of these. 

That said...i like WR way more than S. I loved to hit but i loved running around and by people on the way to spectacular catches for TDs more. 

Pshaw, my Center would have picked you up, and I would have went on to flatten your CB and likely the other Safety, en route to a TD.

I likely wouldn't have been matched up with you, when you played WR.  On D, I played DE, sometimes DT, and OLB.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Gotta say Andy better watch out. I'm knocking off the rust

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4830449]
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Pshaw, my Center would have picked you up, and I would have went on to flatten your CB and likely the other Safety, en route to a TD.

I likely wouldn't have been matched up with you, when you played WR.  On D, I played DE, sometimes DT, and OLB.

I once caught a pass that went through my hands, hit my face and bounced up in the air, as i was falling down, i reeled it in for a 20+ yd completion, ala Swann in the SB. 

True story

Another time, as i was crossing the middle, a pass was thrown while i had defenders 2 yds apart, in font of me. I jumped between the two, caught the ball, did a 360 degree spin to get away and as they were tackling me, i pitched the ball to a teammate who took it for a TD, ala the hook and lateral from the Dolphins/Chargers playoff game in '81.

Also a true story

Those are actually the only two receptions i can clearly recall from that time, 35+ years ago but i don't remember if we won or lost. I do remember Ron Barth was the QB on at least one of those throws and my buddy John Hornback was on the team as well. 

If you were on D, i would have ran right past you or jumped over you.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm feeling every bit of 50 y/o, these days.  Fat, slow and injury riddled is no way to make an NFL roster..   Cool

Randy?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:11 PM)pally Wrote: Joe apparently had a lot of responses to his "if you think you can do better try-out comment" so he is putting together a plan.  Anyone want to go to a Mixon football camp?

My wife said she would go but is afraid he will punch her out.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:11 PM)pally Wrote: Joe apparently had a lot of responses to his "if you think you can do better try-out comment" so he is putting together a plan.  Anyone want to go to a Mixon football camp?

I still have an arm, but zero mobility and I sure as hell can't read a defense like Dalton so I will pass.  I don't think we need an upgrade at QB, and, no, I don't think I would be an upgrade.

I just might have been the guy that held a sign outside of the entrance to Riverfront during the 90s disaster at QB with a football and a sign that read:  "Will QB for Food".  I was hoping Shula would slow down enough to see me sling the ball but he did not look amused.  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2019, 03:05 AM)TKUHL Wrote: Randy?

Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO Hilarious LMAO

I died.  Then felt bad about how hard I laughed at this...then laughed some more. 
Reply/Quote
Remember the hard knocks episode where it showed Geno Atkins and a few others trying to race in a pool? Well, if we can somehow incorporate that in to the tryout, I'd smoke all those fools (Rod Tidwell).

I was National Champion just a few months ago. At 50, I can still swing the axe pretty hard....I just can't run fast. But in water? Different story.

So if there is a massive shift in climate and football becomes a water sport, Joe...I'm in.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 01:37 PM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm 44 years old, 6' tall and weigh somewhere around 285 (with about 125% body fat Ninja). I think I could be an OL for about half a snap.

What's up Andre.  Cool

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:20 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No way. My body, at 53, may not be what it was then...but my agility is still off the charts. Back in the day you wouldn't have gotten a hand on me!!

The Faulk Shuffle

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 10:03 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Gotta say Andy better watch out. I'm knocking off the rust

[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=4830449]

With that throwing motion you'd have more batted balls than a dominatrix in a frathouse.
Reply/Quote
Meh I'm 35 6'2 208 and in better shape than I was when I played football in highschool....but I dont think I'm as thrilled to be hit as I was 20ish years ago lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 08:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No one cares what you said on your last date

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2019, 12:44 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm feeling every bit of 50 y/o, these days.  Fat, slow and injury riddled is no way to make an NFL roster..   Cool

I hear ya and feel ya!  
Reply/Quote