Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon vows to make up for fumble
"I owe the team. I owe it to them. Thursday is up."

"I played it back even when (RB coach Jemal Singleton) showed me. I don't like looking at it. But ... 'Run that back one more time. Run it one more time.' Different angle," Mixon said, via the team's official website. "It sucks, but at the same time, no matter how bad it is, you have to learn from it. You have to just to see how you could have attacked it differently. How you could have held the ball and made a move off of it and these are things I'm accessing in my head."

"It definitely hurt. Definitely disappointed. It's definitely inexcusable," said Mixon. "It's something I will never get used to doing. From there just got to learn from it. Learn from the mistake and bounce back, hopefully look back to go ahead and go on another streak ... it's definitely going to add fuel to the fire."

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-rb-mixon-vows-to-make-up-for-rare-fumble-i-owe-the-team
Reply/Quote
Last year Mixon roasted the Browns (362 yards from scrimmage).  They had a weak run defense, but no other opposing back gained as many rushing  yards as Mixon did in his WORST game against them (146).
Reply/Quote
It was only the second fumble of his career and his first since his rookie year. I can see why it bothers him.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Maybe the migraines caused it?
Reply/Quote
I'm not worried about the fumble. It is rare enough for him that I am willing to write it off as a fluke (unless it happens more).

Gotta get that 3.6 YPC up, though.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I personally love Mixons attitude about everything. All in for the team and the game. Rarely fumbles and now is on a mission.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:28 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: I'm not worried about the fumble. It is rare enough for him that I am willing to write it off as a fluke (unless it happens more).

Gotta get that 3.6 YPC up, though.

This.

His YPC needs to fall north of 4.5 on the year, and preferably close to 5, if not at or above.

PLUS... he has to get involved in the pass game.  HAS to.

You can't justify shelling out a 12 mil per extension to guy who has 300 receiving yards to go with 1,100 yards on the ground.
Reply/Quote
No doubt about it. There were a few plays in that game that were uncharacteristic with what we expect from them. Mixon fumbling, Burrow missing a wide open AJ down the middle & yes Randy's missed FG. All of these contributed mightily to the loss. Several chances to win that game has me looking forward to the day where these are eliminated and we rack up wins.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was only the second fumble of his career and his first since his rookie year. I can see why it bothers him.

This.

I am not worried about Mixon having a "fumbling problem"
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:23 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It was only the second fumble of his career and his first since his rookie year. I can see why it bothers him.

Mixon fumbling is so rare, I hadn’t realized he ever had before Sunday. As soon as he fumbled I had no recollection of him ever fumbling.
Reply/Quote
It looked like the defender's helmet popped it out. Hate to make excuses for turnovers but sometimes it's just a fluke.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:44 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: This.

His YPC needs to fall north of 4.5 on the year, and preferably close to 5, if not at or above.

PLUS... he has to get involved in the pass game.  HAS to.

You can't justify shelling out a 12 mil per extension to guy who has 300 receiving yards to go with 1,100 yards on the ground.

Oh man, just realized I had a missed opportunity on talking about his 3.6 YPC...

[Image: tenor.gif]

(Because Mixon ran for 3.5 YPC his rookie year.)

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
AND just like that, Mixon probably guaranteed an even worse run/pass ratio than week 1.
Reply/Quote
Now he got the fumble out of his way, hopefully it is clear sailing from here on out.
Reply/Quote
One thi ng about Mixon that we know he has performed in the NFL now if only others on offense would follow suit.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 12:55 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: "I owe the team. I owe it to them. Thursday is up."

"I played it back even when (RB coach Jemal Singleton) showed me. I don't like looking at it. But ... 'Run that back one more time. Run it one more time.' Different angle," Mixon said, via the team's official website. "It sucks, but at the same time, no matter how bad it is, you have to learn from it. You have to just to see how you could have attacked it differently. How you could have held the ball and made a move off of it and these are things I'm accessing in my head."

"It definitely hurt. Definitely disappointed. It's definitely inexcusable," said Mixon. "It's something I will never get used to doing. From there just got to learn from it. Learn from the mistake and bounce back, hopefully look back to go ahead and go on another streak ... it's definitely going to add fuel to the fire."

https://www.nfl.com/news/bengals-rb-mixon-vows-to-make-up-for-rare-fumble-i-owe-the-team

Take it out on the Stains brother.

We all know you were just trying to make a great move.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:48 PM)masonbengals fan Wrote: No doubt about it. There were a few plays in that game that were uncharacteristic with what we expect from them. Mixon fumbling, Burrow missing a wide open AJ down the middle & yes Randy's missed FG. All of these contributed mightily to the loss. Several chances to win that game has me looking forward to the day where these are eliminated and we rack up wins.

Yeah, lot of uncharacteristic things happened in this game on Offense.

It is alright, long season. We looked good for the most part besides Hart on the OL, we can do even better than I thought IMO.

I picked the score, 16-13, just went the wrong way. Was expecting a low scoring, sloppy game.
Reply/Quote
(09-16-2020, 01:25 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Maybe the migraines caused it?

I blame Hobson by jinxing it with his fluff piece in the offseason regarding Mixon’s and Gio’s lack of fumbles. Look for Gio to fumble next.
Reply/Quote
I’m pretty underwhelmed with the way he made it up to us...

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 04:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m pretty underwhelmed with the way he made it up to us...

At least he didn't fumble.
Reply/Quote