Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mixon will play Sunday
Just seen where Mixon will still play. That’s great news I know I’ve been negative but I really hope they prove me wrong Sunday and the Bengals get their first win
Reply/Quote
Pre-built excuse for if Mixon doesn't reach even 3ypc for the third game in a row?: Check

Hoping that this means my words are going to blow up in my face and Mixon will actually do amazing?: Check

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pre-built excuse for if Mixon doesn't reach even 3ypc for the third game in a row?:  Check

Hoping that this means my words are going to blow up in my face and Mixon will actually do amazing?: Check

Being a chest injury, my concern with the injury is ball security rather than effective yardage.  I haven't seen exactly what the injury is, but a muscle strain could make it harder to keep it high and tight.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:57 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Being a chest injury, my concern with the injury is ball security rather than effective yardage.  I haven't seen exactly what the injury is, but a muscle strain could make it harder to keep it high and tight.
I was actually looking forward to seeing more Gio today ..hes harder to see behind the line of scrimmage and is more decisive on holes. Mixon likes to pause and then hit the holes which doesnt work well with how we are blocking
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 12:17 PM)kalibengal Wrote: I was actually looking forward to seeing more Gio today ..hes harder to see behind the line of scrimmage and is more decisive on holes. Mixon likes to pause and then hit the holes which doesnt work well with how we are blocking

Even if Mixon plays, there's a decent chance he doesn't see many touches. We could end up seeing Gio more than we have previously, especially if the Bengals fall behind.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 12:21 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Even if Mixon plays, there's a decent chance he doesn't see many touches. We could end up seeing Gio more than we have previously, especially if the Bengals fall behind.

Ya right, if Mixon plays there will be no limiting plays. We need this win...
Reply/Quote
Good news, I hope they block for him.

Now if we could only win that damn coin toss....
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 12:56 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya right, if Mixon plays there will be no limiting plays. We need this win...

Well Bernard actually has more receptions and receiving yards than Mixon up to this point, so I'd expect Bernard in there more if the Bengals fall behind.
And if Mixon is dinged up to any extent, it could make him even less effective than he has been up to this point (3.2 ypc).
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
and get 33 yards rushin'
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 11:57 AM)jfkbengals Wrote:   I haven't seen exactly what the injury is,

Chest injury = no heart.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 06:47 AM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Pre-built excuse for if Mixon doesn't reach even 3ypc for the third game in a row?:  Check

:andy:

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 01:28 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: and get 33 yards rushin'

Didn’t age well...

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 01:34 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Chest injury = no heart.

Also didn’t age well...

Reply/Quote
Joe said he was at the hospital for 3 hours yesterday with a tight chest and shortness of breathe that started during the run through. He thought maybe he slept wrong Friday night

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Didn’t age well...

Only a fool would have expected more. The cool bet is he wouldn't have done any of that without Gio scaring him. "lol". Hindsight is 20/20 and mixon was one of the worst rushers in the league before that game.

The funny part is it's the o-line or coaching fault when he plays poorly, and it's "he's a good RB" when they play well.
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:53 PM)pally Wrote: Joe said he was at the hospital for 3 hours yesterday with a tight chest and shortness of breathe that started during the run through.  He thought maybe he slept wrong Friday night

What did he sleep on, a mountain of cocaine?
Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also didn’t age well...

There's gonna be a lot of that going on around here me thinks. 
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 03:40 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What did he sleep on, a mountain of cocaine?

I think that's literally impossible? Lol

Reply/Quote
(10-04-2020, 05:45 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Also didn’t age well...

Don't lump me in with Reuben and the rest of the whiners.

Everyone knows I was in favor of the extension we gave Mixon and have defended him anytime anyone says he was not worth it.

I was just making a joke about a chets injury.
Reply/Quote
(10-07-2020, 02:00 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Only a fool would have expected more.

BS.  I have been defending Mixon every time anyone says he was not  worth the extension we gave him.  All you had to do was look at what he did the second half of last year to realize he was due for a breakout games.

So what is your prediction for his production over the rest of the year?
Reply/Quote