Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Mo Eggar on Andy
(08-21-2015, 02:03 PM)djs7685 Wrote: If I'm guilty of bashing Denny for acting like he's a better fan than half the fanbase, then yeah I'll carry that happily. My bad that you still don't see the difference. Not doing this with you again that you always seem to try and push my buttons for whatever reason. Are you as obsessed with me as you are Andy?

*waiting for the "Yeah ur only stopping because I win and u don't have stuff to say durr durr durr" post*

I think that it's fine to be critical of anybody as long as you support our guys when it comes to gameday, which 99% of the fanbase does.

Most super homers get way caught up in their thought that they're "better" fans than everybody else.

Presenting opinions of what one thinks is best for the team is fine....

But when it comes to game day ill root for whoever is in the uniform.
Reply/Quote
Dalton haters don't bother me. I just find them to be short minded simpletons. Having said that, I wouldn't question whether they are fans of the team for one main reason.....

What does anyone's opinion of anything Bengals related, good or bad, have to do with how you enjoy the team???????

Does CornerBlitz's or Utts' silly take on Dalton impact how you, I or anyone else enjoy Bengal Sundays? Do you really suffer watching on Sunday because you fear what some random poster to a message board or some beat writer would say if the Bengals lose or Dalton, gasp, threw an interception? I would certainly hope not because, if it does, that is a you problem more than it is anything they are doing.
Reply/Quote
Random Question: How many total touchdowns did Andy Dalton have last year (Receiving, Throwing, Rushing, etc...)?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:37 PM)Who Dey Time Wrote: Dalton haters don't bother me.  I just find them to be short minded simpletons.  Having said that, I wouldn't question whether they are fans of the team for one main reason.....

What does anyone's opinion of anything Bengals related, good or bad, have to do with how you enjoy the team???????

Does CornerBlitz's or Utts' silly take on Dalton impact how you, I or anyone else enjoy Bengal Sundays?  Do you really suffer watching on Sunday because you fear what some random poster to a message board or some beat writer would say if the Bengals lose or Dalton, gasp, threw an interception?  I would certainly hope not because, if it does, that is a you problem more than it is anything they are doing.

This is an excellent post, the "short minded simpletons" part aside.

I doubt toooooo many do, but it's definitely sad that some amount of people that's greater than zero actually have our opinions in their head on game day. The last thing on my mind when Andy throws a pick is this message board, but I'm sure it's one of the first on some people's mind.

Great post though, and that last paragraph is spot on no matter what "side" you happen to be on.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:39 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: Random Question: How many total touchdowns did Andy Dalton have last year (Receiving, Throwing, Rushing, etc...)?

24 i believe... 19 throwing 1 receiving and 4 rushing....

Run game took over a bit in the red zone last year do to lack of targets im guessing.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:39 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: Random Question: How many total touchdowns did Andy Dalton have last year (Receiving, Throwing, Rushing, etc...)?

Xeno got the details...but you may want to check your math LOL
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:43 PM)djs7685 Wrote: 24.

Xeno got the details...but you may want to check your math LOL

ha i just noticed and fixed it.... simple math used to be so simple
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 02:42 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: 24 i believe... 19 throwing 1 receiving and 4 rushing....

Run game took over a bit in the red zone last year do to lack of targets im guessing.

Why are those stats not included in QBR? ...or are they?
I am guessing the receiving TD the QB is considered a WR not a QB.
Though the rushing TDs I am not sure I understand the specific details.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:17 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: Why are those stats not included in QBR? ...or are they?
I am guessing the receiving TD the QB is considered a WR not a QB.
Though the rushing TDs I am not sure I understand the specific details.

I'm sure it may be involved somewhere in the ESPN QBR, I'm really not sure. I don't pay much attention to that statistic.

As far as the standard passer rating goes, it's purely passing. If you want to evaluate a QB by their rushing, look at their rushing stats. I don't think it would make much sense to include rushing into a passer rating, ya know?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:20 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I'm sure it may be involved somewhere in the ESPN QBR, I'm really not sure. I don't pay much attention to that statistic.

As far as the standard passer rating goes, it's purely passing. If you want to evaluate a QB by their rushing, look at their rushing stats. I don't think it would make much sense to include rushing into a passer rating, ya know?

I thought it was a Quarterback Rating (QBR)?
Is the QBR just a passer rating?
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:32 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I thought it was a Quarterback Rating (QBR)?

QBR is different than passer rating. QBR is what ESPN goes by, and most people disregard it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 03:32 PM)CoCoNuT Wrote: I thought it was a Quarterback Rating (QBR)?

QBR is a stat that ESPN made up years ago. It had a huge backlash with some Aaron Rodgers controversy when he had a lower QBR than someone else (Tebow maybe?) though he clearly had a much, much better performance in the games when you compared them. After that, they changed their formula and I believe it's still opinion based at some level.

NFL Passer Rating is a formula used with hard stats that the NFL has used as the main standard that QBs are judged for many years. Passer rating is a formula using completions, attempts, yards, TDs, and INTs.

While passer rating won't tell the entire story, you rarely see a guy with a low rating that had a good year, and you rarely see a guy with a high rating that had a poor year throwing the football.

You'll sometimes see people referring to passer rating as "QBR" which can lead to a lot of confusion. Some people will call passer rating "QBR" (not realizing that QBR is an ESPN stat) just thinking they're using a shorter term for it.
Reply/Quote
A lot of fans wish we could drop Andy and magically pick up a Rodgers or Brees or draft the next Luck. There isn't a current market of QBs who could fill Andy's shoes for the Bengals, let alone be top tier to "win" for us (in a TEAM sport)
Reply/Quote
People ignore QBR because ESPN will not explain how it is calculated. It is supposed to take into account all sorts of factors like "down and distance". the score of the game, the amount of time left in the game, how much pressure the QB is under, and all sorts of other stuff. But until ESPN releases the formula it can not really be considered very credible. For example. . .

controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests in 2011. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego Chargers,
Reply/Quote
Just because you are critical of a team does not mean your not a fan of the team.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 04:01 PM)fredtoast Wrote: People ignore QBR because ESPN will not explain how it is calculated.  It is supposed to take into account all sorts of factors like "down and distance". the score of the game, the amount of time left in the game, how much pressure the QB is under, and all sorts of other stuff.  But until ESPN releases the formula it can not really be considered very credible.  For example.  .  .  

controversy erupted when the Total QBR system gave the Denver Broncos' Tim Tebow a higher rating than the Green Bay Packers' Aaron Rodgers in their respective Week 5 contests in 2011. Noting that Rodgers completed 26 of 39 passes for 396 yards and two touchdowns in a win over the Atlanta Falcons, while Tebow completed four of 10 passes for 79 yards and a touchdown, and six rushes for 38 yards and a touchdown, in a loss to the San Diego Chargers,

I believe they've changed the QBR system since that controversy though.

With that said, it's still partially opinion from what I'm aware of. It's like PFF grading, it means as much as you're willing to put into their opinions.

You usually don't see many great QBs with low QBR at the end of a season, but I wouldn't take the exact number to heart. A guy that ranks dead last in QBR probably didn't have a good season, but he's probably not exactly as good as the QBR number.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 01:54 PM)djs7685 Wrote: My thread about Denny was because HE was bashing the fanbase. Hurr durr, get it? Or not, I don't expect you to follow along very well.

I was poking fun at Brad for obsessing over someone's dick, nothing really football related except the dick belongs to a football player.

I totally get that you wouldn't see the differences. Run along now and claim your GOTCHA victory.

[Image: hodor.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I may not agree with the few who claim Andy is garbage, but I support their right to say so without having their fandom called into question.

There's a difference between saying a player sucks and actually wanting him to fail.

For example, I've been critical of Marvin Lewis, but as long as he's the HC of the Bengals, I want him to succeed.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-21-2015, 04:04 PM)J24 Wrote: Just because you are critical of a team does not mean your not a fan of the team.

(08-21-2015, 04:51 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I may not agree with the few who claim Andy is garbage, but I support their right to say so without having their fandom called into question.

There's a difference between saying a player sucks and actually wanting him to fail.

For example, I've been critical of Marvin Lewis, but as long as he's the HC of the Bengals, I want him to succeed.

Bullseye.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote

the new one by espn is suppose to take in to account anything they did to help the team win from the QB spot i think... The receiving TD probly didnt count for anything its not even on his stat line on bengals.com
Reply/Quote