Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile Friendly Theme now Available
Just introduced a mobile-friendly theme for mobile users.  Hopefully this will make it easier for all of you using mobile devices to access the site.  Let me know if you discover any problems.

Thanks!
Reply/Quote
Just checked it out a bit via Chrome on my s5. It seems pretty manageable. I like that you can customize the color scheme. The boards are much more manageable now. Now I just need it figure out if there is a "New Posts" button. Kudos though, little things like this go a long way.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If you're on mobile do you have an option to view in desktop format?
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 02:29 AM)Stormborn Wrote: If you're on mobile do you have an option to view in desktop format?

I got it.
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 03:09 AM)Stormborn Wrote: I got it.

......so how did you do it?  I haven't figured that out yet......I do like the mobile version, there's just some details you need the desktop version for.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 09:52 AM)Wyche Wrote: ......so how did you do it?  I haven't figured that out yet......I do like the mobile version, there's just some details you need the desktop version for.

I can't speak for iPhones/iPads, but on Android devices open up your browser. Look under settings or options, and there should be some verbiage to request desktop version.  
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:33 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I can't speak for iPhones/iPads, but on Android devices open up your browser. Look under settings or options, and there should be some verbiage to request desktop version.  

Thank you....I'm on Android....got it done.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 10:33 AM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I can't speak for iPhones/iPads, but on Android devices open up your browser. Look under settings or options, and there should be some verbiage to request desktop version.  

I'm super glad that this is possible.  Mobile versions of websites are for the birds.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 06:18 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I'm super glad that this is possible.  Mobile versions of websites are for the birds.

I too used to feel that way, but I can see how this would make it easier for people who primarily use mobile devices.  No need to constantly zoom in and out on the screen to work with it.  I'm actually in the process of re-engineering our company's e-commerce site to make it easier for mobile use.   Pain in the butt, but completely necessary in this day and age.  

However, options are nice.  
Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 06:47 PM)WhoDeyWho Wrote: I too used to feel that way, but I can see how this would make it easier for people who primarily use mobile devices.  No need to constantly zoom in and out on the screen to work with it.  I'm actually in the process of re-engineering our company's e-commerce site to make it easier for mobile use.   Pain in the butt, but completely necessary in this day and age.  

However, options are nice.  

Yeah...I'm sure that it's good and probably even preferred for some people, but I definitely don't prefer it.

Side note: anyone know how to fix this on IOS?
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(06-08-2015, 08:25 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Yeah...I'm sure that it's good and probably even preferred for some people, but I definitely don't prefer it.

Side note: anyone know how to fix this on IOS?

Go to the bottom of the page. Under "theme" choose "default".

Just did it on my ipad with google. Didn't try safari yet but i imagine it's the same.

[Image: 20150608_212154_zps4tnemel7.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I very rarely access the site on anything but a PC or laptop but i just gotta say, i opened the mobile version on my droid and thought it was really cool. I always hated when i connected to the mothership on my ipad and had to constantly resize everything all the time.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Go into your profile and select 'preferences' then scroll down until you see 'Orion...' ( whatever the mobile setting is ), then select 'default' and save if you wish to have the desktop version every time you log in, as opposed to resetting it every time you log in.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Does anyone know if it's possible to change the default view of the forums back to normal from the mobile version? I can change it at the bottom of the screen, but every time I try to go to a new page or thread, it changes again. I can't seem to find any way to do this. The mobile version is whack, IMO.
LFG  

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 11:10 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: Does anyone know if it's possible to change the default view of the forums back to normal from the mobile version?  I can change it at the bottom of the screen, but every time I try to go to a new page or thread, it changes again.  I can't seem to find any way to do this.  The mobile version is whack, IMO.

There should be a toolbar at the bottom. Click the person. Click settings. Click preferences. At the bottom of that page will say something about the forum viewer and it should say OrionMobile. Click that. Click default. Click update options. If it stays in the mobile version try signing out then back in.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2015, 11:32 PM)Bryan Wrote: There should be a toolbar at the bottom. Click the person. Click settings. Click preferences. At the bottom of that page will say something about the forum viewer and it should say OrionMobile. Click that. Click default. Click update options. If it stays in the mobile version try signing out then back in.

You're the man, Bryan.  I owe you 
LFG  

Reply/Quote
That's awesome news.  As I am finally getting ready to ditch my dinosaur phone, and get a (brace yourself) ...smartphone.

I figure that after about 6 months of fumbling around with it, I should be able to use it effectively.  LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
PLEASE HELP!!! I browse from my iPad and I went under the User CP to change the mobile view setting from Orion Mobile to Default, but it will not save the setting and every time I go to a new page it goes back to the mobile version. I do not like the mobile version at all!!! I selected the 'update settings' after I changed from OrionMobile to Default and it still does not work.

Please fix this for me
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 03:33 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: PLEASE HELP!!! I browse from my iPad and I went under the User CP to change the mobile view setting from Orion Mobile to Default, but it will not save the setting and every time I go to a new page it goes back to the mobile version. I do not like the mobile version at all!!! I selected the 'update settings' after I changed from OrionMobile to Default and it still does not work.

Please fix this for me

http://osxdaily.com/2014/11/25/request-desktop-site-safari-ios/
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2015, 03:33 PM)ShowMeUrTDs Wrote: PLEASE HELP!!! I browse from my iPad and I went under the User CP to change the mobile view setting from Orion Mobile to Default, but it will not save the setting and every time I go to a new page it goes back to the mobile version. I do not like the mobile version at all!!! I selected the 'update settings' after I changed from OrionMobile to Default and it still does not work.

Please fix this for me

Did you try what Bryan said in post 15?
Reply/Quote