Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mobile version
Is there a way for us to change our settings back to the old mobile version or is this change permanent?

A lot of stuff doesn't show up in this version that we had before.
Reply/Quote
Some work is being done to the mobile version. If there are any glitches or problems, please let us know.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Can't quote a reply. Or give rep.
Reply/Quote
I change to the desktop version and it automatically forces me back to mobile version now. It was working fine about an hour ago but now it's not.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Same here as Nebuchadnezzar
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 05:35 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I change to the desktop version and it automatically forces me back to mobile version now. It was working fine about an hour ago but now it's not.

(03-22-2016, 06:17 PM)Cure4CF Wrote: Same here as Nebuchadnezzar

The mobile is currently getting revamped/upgraded, so they may be a quirk here and there until everything is finished. 

The theme selector should be working properly now. Let me know if you're still having issues with it.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 07:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The mobile is currently getting revamped/upgraded, so they may be a quirk here and there until everything is finished. 

The theme selector should be working properly now. Let me know if you're still having issues with it.

I have to go to "Desktop Version" with every page. While its not a big issue and you all should take your time to get it right, it is an inconvenience not being able to just hit whatever section I'm in.

For example, if I want to go back to "Site News and Feedback" while using the mobile version, I could just hit the back arrow on the browser however many pages forward I have gone or navigate from "Bengals Message Boards and Forums-TheBengalsboard.com" to get back.

With the desktop version all I have to do is hit "Site News and Feedback" and I'm back to where I started.

This inconvenience is very important when firing Fred up in PnR and getting him to blow a gasket, lol.

Fun times I know.
Reply/Quote
Also noticed the embedded videos and pics just show the link and not the actual image. If I logout all is back to normal. As soon as I log back in it switches to the mobile version whenever you choose a new page. Like Neb said, take your time I'll be here either way.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 08:25 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I have to go to "Desktop Version" with every page. While its not a big issue and you all should take your time to get it right, it is an inconvenience not being able to just hit whatever section I'm in.

For example, if I want to go back to "Site News and Feedback" while using the mobile version, I could just hit the back arrow on the browser however many pages forward I have gone or navigate from "Bengals Message Boards and Forums-TheBengalsboard.com" to get back.

With the desktop version all I have to do is hit "Site News and Feedback" and I'm back to where I started.

This inconvenience is very important when firing Fred up in PnR and getting him to blow a gasket, lol.

Fun times I know.

You can just click navigation area below the header and it will return you to your previous page or home. The mobile version isn't 100% done yet, but it should be in a day or 2.
Reply/Quote
As of a few hours ago, all the color formatting was blue.
[Image: Cz_eGI3UUAASnqC.jpg]
Reply/Quote
For those who want the mobile version as their default...go to UserCP>Edit Options>Other Options and set Mobile as default.

If you want to view images and videos in mobile version...go UserCP>Other Options>Thread View Options and make sure that 'display image' and 'display videos' are checked. You may have to go to desktop version temporarily to make those changes.

As I stated, the mobile version is in the process of being changed. Not everything is done yet, so your patience is appreciated.
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For those who want the mobile version as their default...go to UserCP>Edit Options>Other Options and set Mobile as default.

If you want to view images and videos in mobile version...go UserCP>Other Options>Thread View Options and make sure that 'display image' and 'display videos' are checked. You may have to go to desktop version temporarily to make those changes.

As I stated, the mobile version is in the process of being changed. Not everything is done yet, so your patience is appreciated.

I tried changing my default to desktop version and it just resets back to mobile when I click 'update'.

Edit: you have to be in desktop mode and uncheck the box that says "use mobile if on mobile device"
Reply/Quote
The sky is falling!
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 10:15 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I tried changing my default to desktop version and it just resets back to mobile when I click 'update'.

Edit: you have to be in desktop mode and uncheck the box that says "use mobile if on mobile device"

The edit helped me!  Thanks again Yojimbo!
Reply/Quote
(03-23-2016, 09:29 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: For those who want the mobile version as their default...go to UserCP>Edit Options>Other Options and set Mobile as default.

All is back to normal. Sorry and thanks to all!
Reply/Quote
I prefer the desktop version.

But I'm unable to reset to desktop. Each attempt defaults to mobile version. Any ideas?

Edit*

Guess I shoulda read the posts.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote

Cruising on my ipad right now and i like the mobile format.

Couple things...
1.Theres no "back to top" at the bottom of the page, so i have to scroll back up when i reach the end of a page.
2. It was a bit difficult quoting your post. When i hit reply, the txt box opened but your post was larger and i had no idea how to get to the end to reply. Right now, i have no idea how i did it after messing around for about 5 minutes.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 04:22 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Cruising on my ipad right now and i like the mobile format.

Couple things...
1.Theres no "back to top" at the bottom of the page, so i have to scroll back up when i reach the end of a page.
2. It was a bit difficult quoting your post. When i hit reply, the txt box opened but your post was larger and i had no idea how to get to the end to reply. Right now, i have no idea how i did it after messing around for about 5 minutes.

Right now, the quote is 'in-box'. When you hit quote and then go to the gray box, you just go to the end of quote and type your message in the same box. There is a scroll bar on the side for longer quotes. Eventually, I will probably change to a different quote type. I'll try to get the Top button added soon as well.
Reply/Quote
(03-24-2016, 04:58 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Right now, the quote is 'in-box'. When you hit quote and then go to the gray box, you just go to the end of quote and type your message in the same box. Their is a scroll bar on the side for longer quotes. Eventually, I will probably change to a different quote type. I'll try to get the Top button added soon as well.

Cool beans. I found the arrow on my keyboard that takes me to the end of your post.

Good job so far! Much better than enlarging the page like i was before, so that i wouldnt hit the wrong part of the screen. ThumbsUp

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Anyone know why the site is 100% mobile version now on Apple Devices like iPhone and iPad??? I changed the setting in user CP to desktop version and the site will not maintain that setting any new page is still in mobile.

This is not user friendly and makes the site unusable to me!
Reply/Quote