Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock 1.0
Used FanSpeak Simulator and CBS Rankings. I dont care much about the team needs, ive been a fan and watched them all last year, i know the areas where they need to get better.

1: R1P12
OT MIKE MCGLINCHEY
NOTRE DAME

2: R2P14
LB TREMAINE EDMUNDS
VA. TECH

3: R3P13
C BILLY PRICE
OHIO ST.

4: R3P36
S DAMON WEBB
OHIO ST.

5: R4P12
CB QUENTON MEEKS
STANFORD

6: R5P14
QB LUKE FALK
WASH ST

7: R5P33
G SKYLER PHILLIPS
IDAHO ST.

8: R6P13
CB PARRY NICKERSON
TULANE

9: R7P31
WR RICKY JEUNE
GEORGIA TECH

10: R7P34
TE TYLER CONKLIN
C. MICHIGAN

Overall im pretty pleased with this mock. I didn't feel the need to add to the defensive line with the addition of Baker and Lawson's play last year. I think our secondary play needed a boost. Damon Webb has a knack for getting turnovers, something our safeties were terrible in last year. I think that has a lot to do with Guenther's scheme of playing those guys deeper. I keep hearing a lot of buzz over Parry Nickerson, so I snatched him up when he was there. I'm hoping Tremaine Edmunds will fill that void on the inside, a big strong guy who is a good tackler, not to mention he's 6'5" and could probably knock down some balls thrown in the middle of the field. McGlinchey was a no brainer at 12. I firmly believe were going offensive line in the first round. Its not just Marvins MO to go for LB, QB, or DL. Offensive line, CB and WR have been his typical picks, and we'll stick with that. Regardless we need help desperately at LT, and McGlinchey is the best. Notre Dame has been churning out some good offensive line talent lately, like Wisconsin was 7-8 years ago. It was a tossup between Lauletta and Falk, but i went with Falk thinking his arm is just a little better. Billy Price was a steal in the 3rd, if hes healthy he could push Bodine right off the bat(Ugh yes, we're going to resign him).
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Lol, I don't know what's going on with CBS's rankings, but Edmunds falling to the second round and Price to the third is pretty silly.

I'd love it if it happened though! XD
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2018, 11:28 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Lol, I don't know what's going on with CBS's rankings, but Edmunds falling to the second round and Price to the third is pretty silly.

I'd love it if it happened though! XD

Price in the 3rd is likely since he hurt himself in the combine. Before the combine he was a sure thing as a guy you could throw in at center on day one, now you dont know how healthy he'll be when you get him in camp. Edmunds being available at that spot was a head scratcher but i took him. Also CBS has McGlinchey ranked pretty low in my opinion. He's a top 15 pick all day.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote