Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock 2.0 The Dirty Dozen
(02-28-2018, 09:57 PM)TrenchWarfare Wrote: Love to see us trade back to Buffalo. Seen many a simulator have Buff trade their two 1st round picks for #12. Is this possible? If it is, and if it happened, I'd hope the Bengals would jump on it. I'd only be torn if Edmunds or Nelson were sitting there at 12.

Doubtful.  According to the trade value chart, the 12 pick is worth 1200, the 21 pick is worth 800.  That is why the trade I came up with had Buffalo trading 21 (800) and 55 (345) for the 12 (1200) pick.

Here, check it out.

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Shit man......I love this.  Great job, and any time we can add a Seminole, I'm game....lol.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 10:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why the Dirty Dozen, you might ask?

Because the Bengals field a call from Buffalo, while on the clock at #12, and accept the Bills' offer for #21 and #55 in exchange.  This was not a simulator draft.  I used Mayock's grading and draft profiles to evaluate, and tried to stick as close to his round predictions as possible.

Resulting in, The Dirty Dozen

#21  Mike McGlinchey  OT  Notre Dame  Easy choice, he shows up in camp and Ogbuehi starts preparing for retirement.

#46  Leighton Vander Esch  MLB  Boise St.  This guy has the instincts and physical tools to be a superstar.  He's learn behind Minter for a while, and then take over at MIKE for the next 12 years.

#55  Billy Price  C  Ohio St.  Price somehow makes it to the back half of the 2nd.  Marvin grows a pair and makes a rogue decision.  Mr. Brown furrows his eyebrows intensely..

#77  Mason Rudolph  QB  Okla. St.  McCarron's gone.  Mayock gives Rudolph a 2-3 prediction, Lazor lobbies hard for the big man.

#100  Chukwuma Okorafor  OT  West. Mi.  Big Chuk gets a year to develop, while Andre and Jake hold down RT for the time being.

#112  Marcus Allen  S  Penn St.  Develops behind Williams for a couple years, goes on to play as long as his father did.

#151  Ryan Izzo  TE  FSU   Assuming Eifert never gets back to full glory, we need someone to push Kroft and Uzo for reps.

#170  Fred Warner  OLB  BYU  Big, lanky, athletic.  Good coverage LB.

#187  Daniel Carlson  K  Aub  Kicker to kick fat Randy outta here!

#230  Kevin Tolliver CB  LSU  Call this guy a Marvin special.  He was a 5 star headed into LSU, but an attitude of entitlement seemed to hold him back.  St. Marvin quickly converts him to the ways of being a team player, Tolliver instantly becomes a STs superstar, while finishing his CB development.

#252  Matthew Thomas  OLB  Fla. St.  This is another Marvin Lewis reclamation project.  It's a miracle that Matthew is even in the draft.  During his time at FSU, he's endured injuries, earned suspensions, survived the loss of his mother to Lung disease.  Despite all the obstacles, Matthew prevailed to have a great season, leading the 'Noles in tackles.  Give him a couple years, if he doesn't self destruct, he could be our SAM for 10 years.

#253  Javarion Franklin  RB  WMU  He catches Marvin's eye, while scouting Big Chuk at the WMU Pro Day.

Replace Rudolph with Gesicki, Fumagalli, or Hurst and I'd be ecstatic with this draft.  I could see Price falling that fare considering the pectoral injury.   Probably using a draft calculator, 21 and 55 would not be enough to move up to 12, but I could be mistaken on that.  Great draft.  I absolutely love the first three picks.  
Reply/Quote
(02-26-2018, 10:56 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Why the Dirty Dozen, you might ask?

Because the Bengals field a call from Buffalo, while on the clock at #12, and accept the Bills' offer for #21 and #55 in exchange.  This was not a simulator draft.  I used Mayock's grading and draft profiles to evaluate, and tried to stick as close to his round predictions as possible.

Resulting in, The Dirty Dozen

#21  Mike McGlinchey  OT  Notre Dame  Easy choice, he shows up in camp and Ogbuehi starts preparing for retirement.

#46  Leighton Vander Esch  MLB  Boise St.  This guy has the instincts and physical tools to be a superstar.  He's learn behind Minter for a while, and then take over at MIKE for the next 12 years.

#55  Billy Price  C  Ohio St.  Price somehow makes it to the back half of the 2nd.  Marvin grows a pair and makes a rogue decision.  Mr. Brown furrows his eyebrows intensely..

#77  Mason Rudolph  QB  Okla. St.  McCarron's gone.  Mayock gives Rudolph a 2-3 prediction, Lazor lobbies hard for the big man.

#100  Chukwuma Okorafor  OT  West. Mi.  Big Chuk gets a year to develop, while Andre and Jake hold down RT for the time being.

#112  Marcus Allen  S  Penn St.  Develops behind Williams for a couple years, goes on to play as long as his father did.

#151  Ryan Izzo  TE  FSU   Assuming Eifert never gets back to full glory, we need someone to push Kroft and Uzo for reps.

#170  Fred Warner  OLB  BYU  Big, lanky, athletic.  Good coverage LB.

#187  Daniel Carlson  K  Aub  Kicker to kick fat Randy outta here!

#230  Kevin Tolliver CB  LSU  Call this guy a Marvin special.  He was a 5 star headed into LSU, but an attitude of entitlement seemed to hold him back.  St. Marvin quickly converts him to the ways of being a team player, Tolliver instantly becomes a STs superstar, while finishing his CB development.

#252  Matthew Thomas  OLB  Fla. St.  This is another Marvin Lewis reclamation project.  It's a miracle that Matthew is even in the draft.  During his time at FSU, he's endured injuries, earned suspensions, survived the loss of his mother to Lung disease.  Despite all the obstacles, Matthew prevailed to have a great season, leading the 'Noles in tackles.  Give him a couple years, if he doesn't self destruct, he could be our SAM for 10 years.

#253  Javarion Franklin  RB  WMU  He catches Marvin's eye, while scouting Big Chuk at the WMU Pro Day.

Just wanted to come back and say I think you might be right about McGlinchey. We don't know of any trade, but I just watched tape on Chris Baker and read jacob Burney and Haslett talk about him Dude's good, man. With Billings and Glasgow, and now Baker, I can't see us taking my man Vita Vea. I'm still hopeful, but it's not as likely as it was before the Baker signing. If McGlinchey is that good, then have to take him. We need to shore up that Oline. It would be tragic to waste Mixon's talent behind a crappy line like we had last year. I don't like it, but it's the right thing to do. Kind of like how I feel about going to work. LOL
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote