Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spencer Brown, OT
Here is a short video of him at the Senior Bowl Practices.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyqd_7ZdTgs&ab_channel=ScottKennedy

I haven't sat down and watched the entire game, but I am intrigued by him as a RT prospect. I wouldn't feel comfortable putting him at RT in his rookie season, but, I would certainly entertain taking him in the 3rd or 4th round and trying to have him getting snaps by the end of the season. Does that mean they keep Hart? I hope not, but it is an option.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Huge fan. The kid put on over 100 lbs in college and not an ounce of it is fat. He's probably the strongest exterior olineman in the draft.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Spencer Brown had some nice reps in practice but during the game really showed he needs alot of work.

The small school Tackle that showed up at the Senior Bowl was East Carolina's D'Ante Smith. He had an outstanding week and had a solid game. I would love for the Bengals to snag him as a developmental tackle.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 10:15 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Here is a short video of him at the Senior Bowl Practices.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uyqd_7ZdTgs&ab_channel=ScottKennedy

I haven't sat down and watched the entire game, but I am intrigued by him as a RT prospect.  I wouldn't feel comfortable putting him at RT in his rookie season, but, I would certainly entertain taking him in the 3rd or 4th round and trying to have him getting snaps by the end of the season.  Does that mean they keep Hart?  I hope not, but it is an option.

I like him especially in the running game, as Bfine said he is extremely strong and fit. Bit raw in pass protection though for anything
but a mid round pick as you state. 3rd or 4th would be awesome, love how at times he can just blow multiple people off the ball in 
the running game. Could be a very good player in a year or two.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2021, 03:19 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like him especially in the running game, as Bfine said he is extremely strong and fit. Bit raw in pass protection though for anything
but a mid round pick as you state. 3rd or 4th would be awesome, love how at times he can just blow multiple people off the ball in 
the running game. Could be a very good player in a year or two.

He didn't have but one game at his college early last season.  I'm not surprised day 1 a few of the speed edge guys gave him troubles, but what I like best about him is that he improved each day and by the end of the week, he was not getting beat any more.  He was having fun shoving some of the same guys around.  I really like that.

I can't wait to break down the game and do a snap-by-snap of him.  
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 10:05 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He didn't have but one game at his college early last season.  I'm not surprised day 1 a few of the speed edge guys gave him troubles, but what I like best about him is that he improved each day and by the end of the week, he was not getting beat any more.  He was having fun shoving some of the same guys around.  I really like that.

I can't wait to break down the game and do a snap-by-snap of him.  

I like that he improved as time went on. This is what you like to hear.

That is also rough that he had no home games early last season. Last year is a tough one to judge lots of players on.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2021, 03:48 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like that he improved as time went on. This is what you like to hear.

That is also rough that he had no home games early last season. Last year is a tough one to judge lots of players on.

He checks every box for me...Has a tremendous love of the game.  Wasn't always that big.  Worked his ass off, according to his coaches, to get bigger and stronger, and has what one of his coaches described as "insane strength and flexibility".  

To be able to bench press 500 lbs with 35" arms isn't something I think I have seen before.  Ditto 660 lb squats (going below parallel) with that kind of length in his legs.  And he looks like a damn TE because he is so lean!  Think Mike McGlinchey, only bigger and stronger.  Crazy.  

If he played at Iowa and dominated there, he would be a first rounder...only reason he might be later round is level of competition and how he improved in ONE WEEK at the Senior Bowl...(X scratches head and wonders how long Hart has been learning RT?) makes me want him even more.  
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2021, 09:24 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: He checks every box for me...Has a tremendous love of the game.  Wasn't always that big.  Worked his ass off, according to his coaches, to get bigger and stronger, and has what one of his coaches described as "insane strength and flexibility".  

To be able to bench press 500 lbs with 35" arms isn't something I think I have seen before.  Ditto 660 lb squats (going below parallel) with that kind of length in his legs.  And he looks like a damn TE because he is so lean!  Think Mike McGlinchey, only bigger and stronger.  Crazy.  

If he played at Iowa and dominated there, he would be a first rounder...only reason he might be later round is level of competition and how he improved in ONE WEEK at the Senior Bowl...(X scratches head and wonders how long Hart has been learning RT?) makes me want him even more.  

There sure is a lot to like about the guy. Like you said if he was from a bigger school he would be going much earlier.

His work ethic is off the charts. I would love to get Spencer Brown in the 3rd or 4th. I just think he will last that long cause of 
the small school as we see every year in the Draft. The smaller school players just last longer. Brown having those long arms 
and still being that strong to bench 500 is crazy.
Reply/Quote