Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
(02-01-2021, 04:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Please find articles from those that evaluate the draft rated Price as "not a good prospect".... ive found none but found dozens that say the opposite...  he again was not a reach pick and was considered a solid pick.. but the draft is not perfect as we know.. but the advice and projection was consistent him as a 1st rounder...

You're misunderstanding what I am saying, partly because my wording wasn't the greatest in my last post. I am not arguing about Price specifically. I am simply saying that the college accomplishments that you listed mean nothing in regard to NFL success. Those accolades mean nothing about a player being a good prospect or bad prospect. Your original argument was that he wasn't overrated because of his college accolades. I'm saying that those don't matter, at all, when trying to evaluate him as an NFL prospect.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 05:42 PM)KillerGoose Wrote: You're misunderstanding what I am saying, partly because my wording wasn't the greatest in my last post. I am not arguing about Price specifically. I am simply saying that the college accomplishments that you listed mean nothing in regard to NFL success. Those accolades mean nothing about a player being a good prospect or bad prospect. Your original argument was that he wasn't overrated because of his college accolades. I'm saying that those don't matter, at all, when trying to evaluate him as an NFL prospect.

I would argue they do mean something, I never said theyate an absolute though and that was only part of position that Price was a reach and undervalued pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I believe up to this point, this is the best mock I have seen for top 10 picks... has us landing with Sewell :)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-saints-select-drew-brees-heir-apparent
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 04:43 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I believe up to this point, this is the best mock I have seen for top 10 picks... has us landing with Sewell :)

https://www.nfl.com/news/daniel-jeremiah-2021-nfl-mock-draft-2-0-saints-select-drew-brees-heir-apparent

Any draft that starts with Sewell or Pitts is a really good start. If tgey manage to trade back, for me, good players would be Waddle, Paye, Pitts, Smith are good players. If in the teens, Farley, Rosseau, Surtain, Darrisaw, Slater are good value there. Parsons isn’t an exciting player, his tape just isn’t great IMO.
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 09:16 PM)Gdale_Bengal Wrote: Any draft that starts with Sewell or Pitts is a really good start. If tgey manage to trade back, for me, good players would be Waddle, Paye, Pitts, Smith are good players. If in the teens, Farley, Rosseau, Surtain, Darrisaw, Slater are good value there. Parsons isn’t an exciting player, his tape just isn’t great IMO.

I disagree on Parsons and so does PFF ranking.. Darriaw or Slater will go in top 10, if Sewell is gone you pick one of them or trade back and get the one that is left...  It is Oline or bust to me now in 1st round
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2021, 04:49 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Please find articles from those that evaluate the draft rated Price as "not a good prospect".... ive found none but found dozens that say the opposite...  he again was not a reach pick and was considered a solid pick.. but the draft is not perfect as we know.. but the advice and projection was consistent him as a 1st rounder...

We don't need an article to prove that Price wasn't a good prospect. His play on the field has proven that ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 09:36 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I disagree on Parsons and so does PFF ranking.. Darriaw or Slater will go in top 10, if Sewell is gone you pick one of them or trade back and get the one that is left...  It is Oline or bust to me now in 1st round

What if the Bengals get a clear upgrade at RT in FA and just need a G?
Are you going to take a G that early in 1st round?
Or would you take an OT with intent to move Jonah Williams to G?

For the record, it's been said by Callahan that the Bengals don't have much inclination to move Jonah to G.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/2/13/22279825/bengals-oc-brian-callahan-would-prefer-not-moving-jonah-williams-to-guard
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What if the Bengals get a clear upgrade at RT in FA and just need a G?

For the record, it's been said by Callahan that the Bengals don't have much inclination to move Jonah to G.
https://www.cincyjungle.com/2021/2/13/22279825/bengals-oc-brian-callahan-would-prefer-not-moving-jonah-williams-to-guard

Meh. I don’t put all that much stock into that comment. Especially when he threw in the bold...

“Jonah played only a handful of games at left tackle and played well,” Callahan said. “I see Jonah as a young, ascending tackle and to move him at this point off the tackle spot would probably be a disservice to him. That’s not to say that’s not possible or could never happen, but I just think he’s done some really good things as a tackle so far. To move him off of that in this point in his career would be a disservice to him.”

I assume it’s going to be Pollack’s call at the end of the day.

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 01:40 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Meh. I don’t put all that much stock into that comment. Especially when he threw in the bold...

“Jonah played only a handful of games at left tackle and played well,” Callahan said. “I see Jonah as a young, ascending tackle and to move him at this point off the tackle spot would probably be a disservice to him. That’s not to say that’s not possible or could never happen, but I just think he’s done some really good things as a tackle so far. To move him off of that in this point in his career would be a disservice to him.”

I assume it’s going to be Pollack’s call at the end of the day.

That's why I said "not much inclination" vs something like "not going to happen."
I interpret Callahan's comment that they really don't want to move Jonah Williams to G unless it's necessary. It's not likely that they move him, not that they never would. They like what they saw of him at OT in 2020 and want him to keep growing there for the foreseeable future.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 12:04 PM)ochocincos Wrote: What if the Bengals get a clear upgrade at RT in FA and just need a G?

you can;t have too many good lineman it breds great competition  plus most FA signings are 2/3 years and a draft pick you can have locked up for longer.. and with injuries and  today's players are less and less type cast into a tackle position I take a tackle/guard that is within your board at #5 pick
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:05 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: you can;t have too many good lineman it breds great competition  plus most FA signings are 2/3 years and a draft pick you can have locked up for longer.. and with injuries and  today's players are less and less type cast into a tackle position I take a tackle/guard that is within your board at #5 pick

Most "good" FAs are signed for 4+ years, which is as much or more than a draft pick's length of contract.

What 1st round OL are being taken as T/G without putting them at OT initially? There have been a couple guys (like Jonah Williams or Rashawn Slater) who are being labeled with that flexibility, but it's typically been because of lack of length and/or athleticism and concern they may not be able to hack it at OT. OG is basically a fallback option.

If I'm taking an OL at 5, I want it to be OT or Quinton Nelson. Rashawn Slater is not someone I'd take at 5 unless I'm certain he could be a very good NFL OT, as he's never played OG before. And if the Bengals are set on Jonah Williams playing LT and they get a good RT in FA, I don't want the 5th pick being on OL. Get one of the stud pass catchers and get a G in Rd 2.

Last, you "can" have too many good OL. You can only start 2 OT, 2 OG, and 1 C. If you have more than that, you could be wasting that talent sitting on the bench. The Bengals don't right now, but would you really spend a 1st round pick on an OT if your starters were set? I doubt it. You'd probably use it on another position that could help more, no?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Currently about 90% of the mocks seem to have Sewell falling to us. Barring a trade I think it's increasingly likely we'll get him or Chase. I am really looking a lot at the 2nd round now. So much will depend on free agency over the next couple months but there is some great prospects looming in the 2nd and 3rd.
Reply/Quote
(02-17-2021, 04:20 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Most "good" FAs are signed for 4+ years, which is as much or more than a draft pick's length of contract.

What 1st round OL are being taken as T/G without putting them at OT initially? There have been a couple guys (like Jonah Williams or Rashawn Slater) who are being labeled with that flexibility, but it's typically been because of lack of length and/or athleticism and concern they may not be able to hack it at OT. OG is basically a fallback option.

If I'm taking an OL at 5, I want it to be OT or Quinton Nelson. Rashawn Slater is not someone I'd take at 5 unless I'm certain he could be a very good NFL OT, as he's never played OG before. And if the Bengals are set on Jonah Williams playing LT and they get a good RT in FA, I don't want the 5th pick being on OL. Get one of the stud pass catchers and get a G in Rd 2.

Last, you "can" have too many good OL. You can only start 2 OT, 2 OG, and 1 C. If you have more than that, you could be wasting that talent sitting on the bench. The Bengals don't right now, but would you really spend a 1st round pick on an OT if your starters were set? I doubt it. You'd probably use it on another position that could help more, no?

Lineman are probably one of the most injured position we have multiple holes and lack of depth and Burrow is the key to team and needs a better line so yes I would take Oline at #5 if their board has one in the top 10 .
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 10:03 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Lineman are probably one of the most injured position we have multiple holes and lack of depth and Burrow is the key to team and needs a better line so yes I would take Oline at #5 if their board has one in the top 10 .

Ok so take an OL at 5 even if they sit the bench most/all of the year. Got it.
I would only consider Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw in the Top 10.
If Sewell or Darrisaw, I'm taking them with the intention of them playing only OT.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
This mock goes lite on QB with only Lawrence taken( but a possible Atlanta trade out probably to pick a QB) in first 5, Chase and Sewell gone by our pick... has us taking Slater..

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2021-nfl-mock-draft-first-round-platte-february/
Reply/Quote
(01-07-2021, 08:31 AM)Jason_NC Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Davis, but 5 is just goofy.

Same, would love Davis in the 2nd round where I have seen him projected. This seems way early.

I wouldn't be against it if we traded down if Sewell is not there but would rather have Darrisaw honestly if we traded down.
Reply/Quote
(02-18-2021, 10:55 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Ok so take an OL at 5 even if they sit the bench most/all of the year. Got it.
I would only consider Sewell, Slater, or Darrisaw in the Top 10.
If Sewell or Darrisaw, I'm taking them with the intention of them playing only OT.

so that is three choices at #5 or even better trade back and still get one of the three.  If our first pick that high is sitting the bench, we have a bad early sign on that pick.. So your idea is pickup a couple lineman, cut some lineman still have weak spots and little quality depth and hope we stay perfectly healthy.. Got it. 
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 10:10 AM)Essex Johnson Wrote: so that is three choices at #5 or even better trade back and still get one of the three.  If our first pick that high is sitting the bench, we have a bad early sign on that pick.. So your idea is pickup a couple lineman, cut some lineman still have weak spots and little quality depth and hope we stay perfectly healthy.. Got it. 

My idea is...

Cut Bobby Hart.
Sign Thuney if cap space is $185+ mill, sign Warford if lower, or re-sign Spain.
Cut BJ Finney.
Draft a new OG in 2nd or 3rd Rd.
OTs would be Jonah Williams and FA signing, Adeniji and Johnson as backups.
OGs would be FA signing and Day 2 draft pick, XSF and Jordan as backups.
C would be Hopkins with Price as backup.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 03:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My idea is...

Cut Bobby Hart.
Sign Thuney if cap space is $185+ mill, sign Warford if lower, or re-sign Spain.
Cut BJ Finney.

I like your idea but still concerned about Center with Hopkins coming off injury and Price still sucking.

Alex Mack is on my mind in FA along with Darly Williams or Wagner. Thuney will be spendy but still all for it.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2021, 03:45 PM)ochocincos Wrote: My idea is...

Cut Bobby Hart.
Cut BJ Finney.

Well that is a plan.. mine would be something like this :

Move Hart to guard, cut Finney and Spain and Jordan
FA look to pickup a starting guard and center/guard player that can start
1st round draft a tackle
4th: guard
Oline would be
Starting tackles:  Williams/1st Draft pick with Adeiji and Johnson backups
Guards:  FA and Hart or XSF with 4/5th round draft pick
Center:  FA and Hopkins as backup
Reply/Quote