Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Analyst Sites 1st Round Draft Prediction
(02-28-2021, 06:01 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, Fields at 24 is ridiculous.

Is it really ridiculous?  Fields excels at executing the called plays, particularly when he has his full compliment of talent around him.  When protections break down, he appears indecisive at times, prone to forcing the ball in questionable situations.  It took Trey Sermon to pull off back to back "game of the year" type performances, in order for OSU to even land in the CFB CG.  

I'm not saying that Fields is no good, as his physical skills are really good.  However, I really think that he could have really worked to develop that "on his feet thinking", and ability to "make something out of nothing", that so many of the better NFL QBs have.

Edit: I think that Fields could become a decent NFL QB, for a team willing to go the draft and develop route, while already having an existing QB in place. Teams expecting him to come in and start now, might end up disappointed, like Wash. did with Haskins.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 11:49 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Is it really ridiculous?  Fields excels at executing the called plays, particularly when he has his full compliment of talent around him.  When protections break down, he appears indecisive at times, prone to forcing the ball in questionable situations.  It took Trey Sermon to pull off back to back "game of the year" type performances, in order for OSU to even land in the CFB CG.  

I'm not saying that Fields is no good, as his physical skills are really good.  However, I really think that he could have really worked to develop that "on his feet thinking", and ability to "make something out of nothing", that so many of the better NFL QBs have.

Edit: I think that Fields could become a decent NFL QB, for a team willing to go the draft and develop route, while already having an existing QB in place. Teams expecting him to come in and start now, might end up disappointed, like Wash. did with Haskins.

I’m not even big on Fields, but I’d bet he’ll go far earlier than 24.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not even big on Fields, but I’d bet he’ll go far earlier than 24.

I'm not saying that I'd be surprised if he were drafted ahead of that spot, I'm saying that I could easily see him still on the board at that spot.  Heck, even Aaron Rodgers hung around until the 24th selection.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Rashod Bateman is about to climb up the draft boards. He posted a 4.37 handtimed 4.39 laser timed 40 yard dash.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:31 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm not saying that I'd be surprised if he were drafted ahead of that spot, I'm saying that I could easily see him still on the board at that spot.  Heck, even Aaron Rodgers hung around until the 24th selection.

And Russell Wilson made it to the 3rd round...

Doesn’t mean teams don’t overdraft QB’s every single year. That’s why we see a guy like Trubisky go 2nd overall. Fields was pretty much the consensus QB2 before his rough stretch towards the end of the season. He might not go that high, but I think it will be closer to that than mid twenties.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 02:35 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Watch. The. Tape.

I did not know they time them in 40 during game.. Yawn, but if we go by your opinion than a few other TEs and WRs are faster too on tape .. 
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 01:22 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I did not know they time them in 40 during game.. Yawn, but if we go by your opinion than a few other TEs and WRs are faster too on tape .. 

I’m saying you should watch the tape for yourself and then you won’t keep going on about 40 times. Speed is not even close to being an issue with Pitts.

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:35 PM)Synric Wrote: Rashod Bateman is about to climb up the draft boards. He posted a 4.37 handtimed 4.39 laser timed 40 yard dash.

That's huge. When I first read this I thought you were talking about the Purdue kid "Rondale" and I said that's about right for the small speedster, bur Rashod is listed at 6'1"/ 210. That's JaMarr Chase size with Jaylen Waddle speed. No way he makes it to #38 now. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 02:55 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m saying you should watch the tape for yourself and then you won’t keep going on about 40 times. Speed is not even close to being an issue with Pitts.

Look im not a big 40 time person but until you have an actual time.. you can;t know his 40 time .. you are assuming 40 time.. no different if I said Sewell is bigger now than two years ago without an actual weight... 

My point still holds, I don;t see Pitts in the same level as AJ and Jones... moving on...
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 01:40 AM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Boyd is from Pitt too and he is currently one of my fave Bengals. Mellow

Thanks again Pulses on Weaver, I might want to get an End that is more pro ready in the 2nd.

Carlos Basham

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-edge-carlos-basham-jr-wake-forest
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 01:15 AM)pulses Wrote: Humphrey, standing 6’5″ and weighing 320 pounds, has ideal size for the position and brings a nasty temperament to the table. Humphrey, who earned first-team All-Big 12 honors last season, is a true technician, consistently displaying the fundamentals of the position. It surely doesn’t hurt that he has one of the best offensive line coaches in college football, Bill Bedenbaugh, working with him on a daily basis.

His best traits are his overwhelming power, his ability to play with a terrific pad level, and as mentioned above, his ability to win with leverage. Out of all of the 2021 offensive linemen, you’d be hard-pressed to find any that have the power that Humphrey possesses. He is built short and compact, so when he fires out of his stance and stays low, he can control his opposition with ease. His power at the point of attack is elite, as is his hand usage. His hand placement and ability to lock onto defenders is exceptional.
Also, Humphrey possesses good football intelligence, showcasing the ability to call out blitzes and make calls at the line of scrimmage. Humphrey excels in pass protection, utilizing his ability to absorb and discard pass rushers. In the running game, he is a people-mover, who uses his quick feet and power to obliterate defenders.

I think he could do it!!

Nowhere in your entire description did you mention his athleticism or ability to move in space.
What you described is more of a man/power blocker who drives vertically off the LOS.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 05:28 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: Look im not a big 40 time person but until you have an actual time.. you can;t know his 40 time .. you are assuming 40 time.. no different if I said Sewell is bigger now than two years ago without an actual weight... 

My point still holds, I don;t see Pitts in the same level as AJ and Jones... moving on...

40 times are only relevant because we typically did not know how fast someone was during a game with pads on. We could guess, but had no way to 100% know. Ideally, you want to know how fast and agile someone is in actual games, not what they run in spandex.

Saw this posted over the weekend and found it interesting.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 04:49 PM)bfine32 Wrote: That's huge. When I first read this I thought you were talking about the Purdue kid "Rondale" and I said that's about right for the small speedster, bur Rashod is listed at 6'1"/ 210. That's JaMarr Chase size with Jaylen Waddle speed. No way he makes it to #38 now. 

It puts Bateman in that top X Receiver category that every team is looking for. He might go top 15 now but is solidly in the first round.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 11:12 AM)ochocincos Wrote: 40 times are only relevant because we typically did not know how fast someone was during a game with pads on. We could guess, but had no way to 100% know. Ideally, you want to know how fast and agile someone is in actual games, not what they run in spandex.

Saw this posted over the weekend and found it interesting.

but it is also hard to gauge how fast a person is on the field, but i agree it gives you another evaluation.. that is why Smith from Bama is considered fast on the field... 
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 02:59 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: but it is also hard to gauge how fast a person is on the field, but i agree it gives you another evaluation.. that is why Smith from Bama is considered fast on the field... 

Eventually, you'll be able to get GPS tracking of players to be able to actually get their on-field speed during a game. As Daniel Jeremiah says, it will make the 40 obsolete.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 03:02 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Eventually, you'll be able to get GPS tracking of players to be able to actually get their on-field speed during a game. As Daniel Jeremiah says, it will make the 40 obsolete.

I hope so but till then 40 seems to be still used as a barometer as the only concrete timet that we have in discussions.
Reply/Quote
When conversation turns to 40 time I have to remind everyone that the Bengal founder was the creator of the 40; along with numerous other innovations.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2021, 09:14 PM)bfine32 Wrote: When conversation turns to 40 time I have to remind everyone that the Bengal founder was the creator of the 40; along with numerous other innovations.

my favorite the headset in the helmets..PB was the Man
Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 12:14 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I’m not even big on Fields, but I’d bet he’ll go far earlier than 24.

I think people are starting to see a trend with OSU QBs being bust at the next level and honestly, in a loaded QB class Fields lacks behind several of the other guys. It really wouldn't surprise me to see him fall to the late teens even the 20's. 

As it was stated earlier, Rodgers waited till 24 and was a much more sure thing of a prospect then Fields.

Plus... this would be amazing as a Bengal fan. Watching Fields fail in pitt would be so nice.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-28-2021, 07:18 PM)pulses Wrote: Carlos Basham

https://www.si.com/nfl/giants/draft/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-edge-carlos-basham-jr-wake-forest

Cool

Yes sir. Boogie Basham is probably my favorite pick for us in the 2nd especially if we get Sewell in the first. Great hands, great
swim moves and spin moves. Takes great angles to get lots of tackles for loss. Who knows what his numbers would of been 
last season if he played an entire season, 5 sacks in only 6 games and he is also good against the run.
Reply/Quote