Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft
Round 1 - Jonah Williams - Offensive Tackle - With Devin White making almost too much sense it seems like this pick will end up going a different direction. I could see the Lions taking White at #8 or someone like the 49ers or Jets taking him after trading down with the Broncos at #10. If that happens, I would then turn my attention to Offensive Tackle. Some think Williams could be an All-Pro Guard (and he could) but I would give him the opportunity first to be a Tackle even if it meant moving Cordy Glenn over to the Right side of the line if it all worked out. If Williams is off the board it will be interesting to see who they like more out of JaWaan Taylor and Cody Ford who both have the ideal size to plug in and play at Right Tackle from Day One.

[Image: CFPFinal_JonahWilliams-e1515039677868-1024x626.jpg]

Round 2 - Noah Fant - Tight End - With the rise of TJ Hockenson and the potential rise of Irv Smith Jr. I could see Fant being available for the Bengals in the 2nd round. If he is there it would be hard to pass on him. Obviously the need for a Linebacker and if Mack Wilson would be available might determine which direction they would go here but I will stick with Fant for this mock.

[Image: noah-fant-iowa.jpg]

Round 3 - Te'Von Coney - Linebacker - After watching games on the Linebackers I honestly ended up liking Coney more than Wilson or Bush behind Devin White. I won't be surprised if several NFL teams do as well and he is gone before this pick. However, if available here in the 3rd I would love to see him added if the Bengals missed out on White in the 1st.

[Image: tevon-coney-notre-dame-nfl-816x460.jpg]

Round 4 - Will Grier - Quarterback - This is by no means a good QB class this year but I still think finding a multi-year solution for the backup spot in the mid rounds makes sense. As we saw last year when Dalton is hurt it will be important to have someone that can come in and do the job when needed. Grier didn't have a great Senior Bowl which I think leads to him being available in this range.

[Image: AR-311099813.jpg&MaxW=1200&Q=66]

Round 5 - Lonnie Johnson - Cornerback - Tremendous size and may have played well enough at the Senior Bowl and during that week to play his way up from spot. Even if Johnson is gone I still think Corner is a spot to add some depth.

[Image: lonniejohnson(2)]

Round 6 - John Baron III - Kicker - Doesn't get the recognition that Tracy or Siebert do since he played at San Diego State. However this is a guy that seems to kick better in the clutch (was 5 of 6 for his career with the score within 3 points in the 4th) and also was 5 for 5 this season over 50 yards. That sounds like the type of Kicker I would like on this team.

[Image: John+Baron+II+San+Diego+State+v+Arizona+...5XeAUl.jpg]

Round 6 -David Long - Linebacker - This guy could go earlier because his draft projection is all over the place. He has the speed and coverage ability that teams are looking for as a weak-side linebacker in today's NFL. However, he could slide to this point based on his smaller size. Would like to see the Bengals go this direction instead of bigger and slower Linebackers though.

[Image: david_long_jr5_by_pete_emerson_2.jpg]

Round 6 - Alex Bars - Guard - Has played both Right Guard and Right Tackle but projects best at Guard for the NFL. He has the size teams covet but is coming of an ACL injury this past season.

[Image: Bars_Alex_PreSnap_GI_.5ae06ae389f99.jpg]

Round 7 - Johnnie Dixon - I had mocked Terry McLaurin in this spot during my first mock draft but after the Senior Bowl that secret is out on how good he is. Dixon is another talented Buckeyes Wide Receiver that had injury issues and almost quit football due to them but was able to persevere and put together two healthy and solid seasons the past two years. Would be worth a shot to see what he can do at this point of the draft.

[Image: IMG_7108-2lk6eh4.jpg]
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
Easily my favorite mock of the year so far.  Two Irish AND a Hawkeye?!?!?!  Sweet Baby Jesus. 
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Nice Mock JR85. Getting my head around this years Draft now since the season is over.

Maybe add a couple FA's to complete it...

That is what i do to really put my mocks over the top. If we added a LB and OG/OT in FA this Draft would be absolutely stellar.
Reply/Quote
Absolutely Love It!!!! Wouldn't mind seeing this at all. Nice Job.
Reply/Quote
realistic and covers a lot of needs. Nice job.
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I'm not the biggest Williams fan, prefer Ford, but this is a very good draft! Do you think we could get the kicker as a UDFA?
Reply/Quote
Pretty solid, overall, especially if we got some LB help in FA.
Reply/Quote
I REALLY don't think 1, 2, and 4 make it that far, but that would be nice.
Reply/Quote
This mock started with Williams which is nice but if Fant could have fallen that would have been great. Coney has been mentioned a lot as a potential round 3 target by both Lapham and Paul Dehner.
[Image: fadQsr.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:03 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: This mock started with Williams which is nice but if Fant could have fallen that would have been great. Coney has been mentioned a lot as a potential round 3 target by both Lapham and Paul Dehner.

Nicely done calling Jonah JR85.

Would love to get either Pratt, Coney or Long Jr in the 3rd, too bad Fant didn't fall to us but there is still Irv Smith.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2019, 11:03 AM)JungleRock85 Wrote: This mock started with Williams which is nice but if Fant could have fallen that would have been great. Coney has been mentioned a lot as a potential round 3 target by both Lapham and Paul Dehner.

I like Tranquil better.  But Coney has a better name for a Bengal...  Tongue
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote