Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft Database Simulation 2.0
So I took the critique from the first Mock Draft Database Simulation and went for round 2. Included in this outcome I will list some of the notable prospects available at the time of selection.

Round 1 - 31st Selection

[Image: 09252021_123456_230451.jpg?d=1560x1113]

Kyler Gordon - CB - Washington - 6'0" 200

The word on Gordon is that while he may not be 100% ready to start as a rookie when he refines some technique issues and puts it all together that his playmaking ability will be in the elite category. A physical and confident corner that has no fear of being on an island. He just needs some polish added to his game but far too much talent and ceiling to pass over especially considering that Apple is on a 1 ear deal. Notables available: Nakobe Dean, Boye Mafe, Lewis Cine, Roger McCreary, Bernhard Raimann

Round 2 - 63rd Selection

[Image: Strange_Senior_Bowl_CroppedMW.jpg]

Cole Strange - C/G - Chattanooga - 6'6" 301

Cole Strange showed up at the Senior Bowl from the FCS and may have been the topic of more discussion than any other player in Mobile. He garnered comments such as he did not just hold his own but dominated the players he faced, it was said that he looked amazing, while he played LG at Chattanooga he impressed at center against elite competition....It was also pointed out that while not many FCS players get drafted that the ones that do generally turn out to be really good NFL players. Strange could not only allow Karras to play LG where he played very well for NE he could be the long turn answer at center for this team.
Notables available: Jaquan Brisker, Trey McBride, Jamaree Salyer, Troy Andersen, Calvin Austin, Jeremy Ruckert

Round 3 - 95th Selection

[Image: ln80ip9g05jdryivakxg]

Bryan Cook - S - Cincinnati - 6'1" 210

Bryan Cook is one of my favorite safety prospects in this draft. I love the words that evaluators use to describe his game...toughness, instincts, football IQ, athleticism, and physicality. Couple this with his size and the speed, 4.48 - 40 and 7.33 three cone, and you have the makings of a player to man the backend of the secondary for many years and at a very high level.
Notables available: Jeremy Ruckert, Jelani Woods, Nick Cross, Kerby Joseph

Round 4 - 136th Selection

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fhookemheadlines.com%2Fwp-c...89691.jpeg]

Charlie Kolar - TE - Iowa State - 6'6" 260

Kolar brings good size and ability to the position as well as a high level of production at the collegiate level. Kolar is not a great blocker but he is willing and has the tools to improve. Most TEs do develop as blockers at the NFL level. Maybe one of the best aspects of Kolar's game is being QB friendly in working to find openings in the defense when the passer is in trouble. Kolar is not an elite athlete but he understands the game and how to play the position. A Mackey finalist in '20 and '21 and winner of the academic heisman, the William V. Campbell Trophy.
Notables available: Jeremy Rucket, Greg Dulcich, Cade Otton, Dominique Robinson, Jerome Ford

Round 5 - 174th Selection

[Image: AVE33IYT25DJBKNINSNXW2J26Q.jpg]

Jerome Ford - RB - Cincinnati - 5'11" 220

The Bengals have placed themselves in great position to look for competition at all positions on the field. While Mixon is the hands down starter there is some room for improvement behind him. Evans looks to have some talent as a change of pace third down RB but Ford would certainly provide some competition with Perine for the #2 spot. Ford will have to prove that he can secure the ball but he brings a good combination of physicality and speed to the position while being a good receiver out of the backfield.
Notables available: Michael Clemons, Alex Wright, Kalon Barnes

Round 6 - 209th Selection

[Image: https%3A%2F%2Fsaturdayblitz.com%2Fwp-con...34521.jpeg]

Kevin Austin Jr. - WR - Notre Dame - 6'2" 215

I believe that Austin is an ascending talent who brings many of the things that you cannot coach to the position such as size, length, and speed. He really broke out in the second half of the '21 season and showed what he is capable of at the position. Will need to make sure the medicals are clear on his twice repaired foot but a high reward low risk prospect at this point in the draft.

Round 7 - 226th Selection

[Image: Paulo_Darrin_Ariz_10_12_18_AK3I3106.jpg]

Bamidele Olaseni - OT - Utah - 6'7" 348

He is a mountain of a man! 36+" arms and a wingspan over 88".  Played LT at Utah and may not have the athleticism to do so in the NFL but certainly had the potential to be a very solid RT at the next level. There is a lot for Pollack to work with and develop here. Played a really good game against a good Oregon defensive front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhpVbj8t-Os

Round 7 - 252nd Selection

[Image: kd_web.jpg?width=1416&height=797&mode=cr...format=jpg]

Kalia Davis - DT - UCF - 6'2" 310

Flashes of being extremely disruptive as a 3 technique. Has had some conditioning issues that hopefully will be corrected with an NFL nutrition and workout regimen. Certainly has the talent and strength to play the position may come down to does he have the will and commitment. If he wants to succeed he could be a nice rotational piece to spell BJ Hill.
Reply/Quote
Hands down my favorite mock! I've been on the Gordan and Kolar bandwagon all offseason!! Kevin Austin is just scratching the surface of his abilities.
Cooks or Cross, I don't care, we got one of them! The rest I really don't really know.
Reply/Quote
(04-16-2022, 09:57 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Hands down my favorite mock! I've been on the Gordan and Kolar bandwagon all offseason!! Kevin Austin is just scratching the surface of his abilities.
Cooks or Cross, I don't care, we got one of them! The rest I really don't really know.

Thank you for your comments. There are some who may bash the selection of Cole Strange but let them bash away. If you have not watch what film you can find on him and look into what coaching staffs at the Senior Bowl and what NFL evaluators have to say about this young man. I am posting a link to the Kentucky game. If nothing else watch the very first play where he blocks two people. He is playing LG #69. I only saw one questionable snap for him the entire game and it was a release to pick up another player where it appeared he expected help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNOBUPBEjgE
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 12:09 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Thank you for your comments. There are some who may bash the selection of Cole Strange but let them bash away. If you have not watch what film you can find on him and look into what coaching staffs at the Senior Bowl and what NFL evaluators have to say about this young man. I am posting a link to the Kentucky game. If nothing else watch the very first play where he blocks two people. He is playing LG #69. I only saw one questionable snap for him the entire game and it was a release to pick up another player where it appeared he expected help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNOBUPBEjgE

Very impressive! Never seen him get pushed back or stood up.
Their RB would be a nice get someday to, kid is a stud!
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 01:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Very impressive! Never seen him get pushed back or stood up.

Olaseni from Utah played pretty well in two games against a good Oregon defensive front. Kayvon was not much of a factor when lined up against him in either game. The film from both games shows a guy that needs work but as well has some good things to work with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-znYXdeiSPA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhpVbj8t-Os&t=145s
Reply/Quote
(04-17-2022, 01:18 PM)sandwedge Wrote: Very impressive! Never seen him get pushed back or stood up.

This film gives a glimpse of the disruptive ability of Davis.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3zJfOVCzzM
Reply/Quote