Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft: Day 1 Combine Overreaction
I fully admit that day one of the combine overly-geeked me out about DL/DE that could improve our current team. The no pads day 1 combine drills and defense wins championships mantra inspired me to do a mock.

I used the NFL Mock Draft Simulator

1. Calijah Kancey - DL, Pittsburgh
2. Will McDonald IV - Edge, Iowa State
3. Tucker Kraft - TE, South Dakota St.
4. Darius Rush - CB, South Carolina
5. Eric Gray - RB, Oklahoma
6. Warren McClendon - OT, Georgia
7. DeMarcco Hellams - S, Alabama

Picks 1 & 2: The combine fulfilled mock dreams of landing two players whose stock increased. They immediately join the DL rotation.
Pick 3: Adds TE depth and potentially sees a lot of reps if Hurst leaves.
Pick 4: Depth needed at CB.
Pick 5: Replaces Mixon.
Pick 6: OL depth, comes from a winning program.
Pick 7: S depth since we likely lose Bates.

I resisted temptation to take a Punter in round 5. A UDFA is signed to compete with Chrisman.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Quite honestly, I don't think either of the top 2 guys have had their stock increase. They worked out as expected.

A lot of people have McDonald in the first round, some as high as top 10.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 01:55 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Quite honestly, I don't think either of the top 2 guys have had their stock increase.  They worked out as expected.

A lot of people have McDonald in the first round, some as high as top 10.

I only made the take based on a few articles such as this one: https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-scouting-combine-stock-up-stock-down-day-1-nolan-smith-displays-electri.

It lists Kancey as a stock is up player.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 02:23 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: I only made the take based on a few articles such as this one: https://www.nfl.com/news/2023-nfl-scouting-combine-stock-up-stock-down-day-1-nolan-smith-displays-electri.

It lists Kancey as a stock is up player.

I get it, but there were a ton of guys that have Kancey as a top 15 pick already.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2023, 04:17 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I get it, but there were a ton of guys that have Kancey as a top 15 pick already.

For sure & the simulators seemingly have way too many good players available when it's time to mock-pick for a team. 
Reply/Quote