Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Draft w/trades & comps
For FA, I will predict that the team goes with the status quo and resigns Dre, Whit, Zeitler, Peko, LaFell, and Peerman. I think they will try to reup Burkhead, but he leaves for more money and touches elsewhere, so they settle for Peerman. I think their one "big" FA signing will be a T to compete with Og and Fisher, possibly Andre Smith.

They deal McCarron to the Browns for the first picks in rounds 2 and 4.

Round 1, Pick 9=Malik Hooker, S, Ohio St.-Garrett and Allen are long gone by this point, and I think Mike Williams also goes before this point, so the Bengals go bpa with Hooker. He's not an exact scheme fit,but he generates a lot of turnovers.

Round 1, Pick 24=Malik McDowell, DE, Michigan St.-The Bengals trade their 2nd and 3rd round picks to move up and get McDowell. He fits the exact mold of what the Bengals want with their DE's. At 6'6", 280, he can slide inside on passing downs. He has a questionable motor and sometimes has issues with pad level, but he has a ton of upside.

Round 2, Pick 1=Zach Cunningham, LB, Vanderbilt-Has the potential to fall here due to position fit. A much needed upgrade to our slow, unathletic LB corps.

Round 4, Pick 1=Stacy Coley, WR, Miami(FL)-A burner that can cut the top off defenses.

Round 4, comp=Joe Mixon, RB, Oklahoma-Rolling the dice on a 1st round talent with off field issues, here.

Round 4, comp=Jon Toth, C, Kentucky=Competes with Bodine for the starting C spot.

Round 5, Pick 9=Ben Boulware, LB, Clemson=High motor and football IQ. Should be a solid backup/ST's player.

Round 6, Pick 9=Zane Gonzalez, K, Arizona State=No need to explain this one.

Round 6, comp=Josh Tupou, DT, Colorado=325 pound NT. Probably headed to the PS, but could surprise and win a roster spot.

Round 6, comp=Sojourn Shelton, CB, Wisconsin=Could catch on as the 6th CB or head to the PS.

Round 7, Pick 9=Sefo Liufau, QB, Colorado=Good arm talent for the PS/scout team
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I just dont know what to think about Malik McDowell. He looks unconventional and sloppy. I think he won more often than not because he was bigger and stronger. He has potential. But that goofy ass rush with his hands at his side would get dominated by NFL linemen. I'm usually a fan of physical freaks but trading up for a project seems too risky.
Reply/Quote
(01-14-2017, 03:03 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I just dont know what to think about Malik McDowell. He looks unconventional and sloppy. I think he won more often than not because he was bigger and stronger. He has potential. But that goofy ass rush with his hands at his side would get dominated by NFL linemen. I'm usually a fan of physical freaks but trading up for a project seems too risky.

His technique needs a lot of work, but if you get him coached up, he'll be an absolute monter.  I get the concern, though.  I'd also be happy with Barnett, Thomas, or Charlton in that spot.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote