Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Drafts Reality vs Expectations
Link
  • 100% of mock drafts had the Bengals picking Joe Burrow #1 overall. 
  • Only 8.5% of mocks had Jordyn Brooks in the first round.
  • Patrick Queen's highest mocked pick was 16 and mean pick was 25 with a standard deviation of 4..

I am not a firm believer in the 'wisdom of the crowds' but blogger/columnist perspective was that Queen was never believed to be picked below 16 and atleast some NFL coaches showed that they valued Brooks over Queen. This doesn't sound like a can't miss prospect.
Reply/Quote
Aside from Burrow, Wilson and Adeniji were guys that showed up in my mocks quite frequently.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The thing that these mock drafts can never emulate is the fact that they have no idea what a team is trying to accomplish during the draft and how they truly feel about their current roster. Look at the Bengals for instance:

1. The media and the fans hate the O-line. It's obvious that they are very comfortable with what they have.
2. The LB group needed an upgrade, but it's obvious the front office saw the value in rounds 3-4
3. The Bengals obviously drafted for their scheme as well.

We see it every year with teams with obvious needs and holes ignoring them in the draft. Some teams draft BPA and others strictly on need.
Reply/Quote
Mock draft guys predicted 20 wide receivers would go in the top 100 picks. They were close 16 wide receivers went top 100...that has to be a record.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote