Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PFF's All-Era Prospect Team - Which 2021 prospect makes it?
https://www.pff.com/news/draft-college-football-pff-all-era-nfl-prospect-team-2021

Below is the list of NFL prospects PFF considers their best prospect(s) at each position over the past seven years they've been analyzing college if they made a team. 2021 prospects listed in bold.

QB - Trevor Lawrence
RB - Dalvin Cook
Outside WRs - Ja'Marr Chase, Amari Cooper
Slot WR - Jerry Jeudy
TE - Kyle Pitts
OTs - Laremy Tunsil, Penei Sewell
OG - Quenton Nelson, Rashawn Slater
C - Frank Ragnow

NT - Quinnen Williams
UT - Maurice Hurst
EDGE - Chase Young, Myles Garrett
LB - Reuben Foster, Micah Parsons
Outside CBs - Jalen Ramsey, Marshon Lattimore
Slot CB - Minkah Fitzpatrick
FS - Malik Hooker
SS - Derwin James

Out of the list, there are 5 offense and 1 defense guy in this year's draft. All are considered the most elite prospects at their position in the past seven years according to PFF.
Looking at the list, nearly every single player has been very good in the NFL, so it's probably a safe bet to take one of the bolded if you want to get a good player in this year's draft.
Knowing there are only four picks prior to the Bengals, at least two of the bolded players will be available at 5.

Personally, this helps solidify my thought that if the Bengals do make a pick at 5, it should be one of Sewell, Pitts, or Chase. It's very likely (at least) one of them is available at 5.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: C - Frank Ragnow

Must have been a typo. Where's Billy Price?   Ninja

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 01:31 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Must have been a typo. Where's Billy Price?   Ninja

While I appreciate the joke, it was reported back then that the Bengals really wanted Ragnow, but he was taken the pick before. They decided to take who they felt was the next-best C.

It's worth noting that Elgton Jenkins (2019) was their honorable mention for C. The Bengals could have taken Jenkins at 42 in 2019, but chose to trade back after Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, and Dalton Risner went within just a handful of picks earlier in the 2nd round. As we know, they took Sample in the 2nd round after the trade back. Jenkins went to GB at 44, and he's been playing G there since they have Linsley at C.

Should the Bengals have taken Jenkins in 2019 in hindsight? Probably. But Price had just come off his rookie year and the team likely felt he would continue to improve.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Ive never seen a GM like Tobin miss on so much yet still keep a job
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 01:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ive never seen a GM like Tobin miss on so much yet still keep a job

We'll see if they miss on Jonah Williams and Joe Burrow, but both were listed as Honorable Mentions for their positions.
If both of those guys pan out, it will help Tobin's credibility.
With that said, both guys essentially fell into the lap of the Bengals, so they were really no-brainer picks.
In instances where the board doesn't fall their way, they seem to make bad decisions.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 01:51 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I appreciate the joke, it was reported back then that the Bengals really wanted Ragnow, but he was taken the pick before. They decided to take who they felt was the next-best C.

It's worth noting that Elgton Jenkins (2019) was their honorable mention for C. The Bengals could have taken Jenkins at 42 in 2019, but chose to trade back after Jawaan Taylor, Cody Ford, and Dalton Risner went within just a handful of picks earlier in the 2nd round. As we know, they took Sample in the 2nd round after the trade back. Jenkins went to GB at 44, and he's been playing G there since they have Linsley at C.

Should the Bengals have taken Jenkins in 2019 in hindsight? Probably. But Price had just come off his rookie year and the team likely felt he would continue to improve.

Bengals always seem to shoot themselves in the foot with their draft trades.

Trade back and get Price over Ragnow.
Trade back and get Sample over Jenkins.
Track up and get Finley instead of 3 picks.
Trade back and get Zeitler over DeCastro.
Trade back and get Perry over S Jackson.
Trade back and get Mixon over D Cook.

They did trade down and still got Jesse Bates, but their add-on pick was Malik Jefferson. So it was more a no damage done than an actual positive move.

I legitimately can't think of a 21st century trade up/down where the Bengals actually came out ahead.

Reply/Quote
Parsons’ name being right next to Rueben Foster’s kinda stands out...

He can have all the Penn State alumni he wants vouch for him, but that pick would scare the hell out of me.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 04:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Parsons’ name being right next to Rueben Foster’s kinda stands out...

He can have all the Penn State alumni he wants vouch for him, but that pick would scare the hell out of me.

Does seem a bit like a huge warning light saying "DON'T DO IT" when they seem so similar from the huge talent/huge character red flags standpoint.

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 04:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Parsons’ name being right next to Rueben Foster’s kinda stands out...

(02-15-2021, 07:24 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Does seem a bit like a huge warning light saying "DON'T DO IT" when they seem so similar from the huge talent/huge character red flags standpoint.

Sometimes we tend to make mountains out of mole hills around here and Micah' character "issues" might be one. I goggled "Micah Parsons NFL Draft Profile. The first 5 sites I went to (Pro Football Network, The Draft Network, CBS, East West Football Network, and The Game Haus) and not one of them mentioned his character as a weakness. TBH if it wern't for this forum I would have never known he was ever involved in anything.

Now I'm sure I could goggle "Micah Parson's fight ect..." and find something. I just find it strange that we consider it to be such a big issue but the first 5 profiles I reviewed did not. 

Hell I see opting out listed as a negative more than character and I've been told that concern is "nonsense"

https://thegamehaus.com/nfl-draft/micah-parsons-2021-nfl-draft-profile/2021/01/15/
https://www.eastwestfootballnetwork.com/east-west-football-network/nfl-draft-prospects/2021-nfl-draft-prospect-profile-micah-parsons/
https://thedraftnetwork.com/player/micah-parsons/fm74W3OByo
https://www.profootballnetwork.com/micah-parsons-nfl-draft-player-profile-penn-state-linebacker/
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/2021-nfl-draft-what-to-know-about-micah-parsons-after-penn-state-linebacker-opts-out-of-2020-season/
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Yea that total stud lightening quick menace in the middle of our D really could help put an end to our defensive woes.

No idea how they can list Slater next to Nelson at G. Did he ever play G?
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 01:30 PM)ochocincos Wrote: https://www.pff.com/news/draft-college-football-pff-all-era-nfl-prospect-team-2021

Below is the list of NFL prospects PFF considers their best prospect(s) at each position over the past seven years they've been analyzing college if they made a team. 2021 prospects listed in bold.

QB - Trevor Lawrence

Why oh why did we have to suck in 2019 instead of 2020.....

(And by suck, I mean suck worse then any team)

That kid is going to be special.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 01:22 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Why oh why did we have to suck in 2019 instead of 2020.....

(And by suck, I mean suck worse then any team)

That kid is going to be special.

Burrow was the honorable mention, so the Bengals still ended up ok with their QB (I hope).
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-16-2021, 10:29 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Burrow was the honorable mention, so the Bengals still ended up ok with their QB (I hope).

I hope so too, this team just needs to do right by him and actually protect the kid.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Good year to be picking at 5, no doubt.
Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 01:58 PM)impactplaya Wrote: Ive never seen a GM like Tobin miss on so much yet still keep a job

That's the beauty of playing the blame game. 
It was Marvin's pick.
It was Mike's pick. 
I only picked the good ones etc
Reply/Quote