Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
C J Marable RB
5'10 200 This kid has next level explosive speed and can do it all.

https://importantnonsense.com/2021-nfl-draft-player-profile-cj-marable/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xj5NEyGIeaU
Reply/Quote
7th round, UDFA kind of guy.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-13-2021, 08:17 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: 7th round, UDFA kind of guy.

I respectfully disagree. He can run he can pass block he can line up in the slot and he has explosive speed  quick feet and that 2nd gear not everyone has and he is excellent out of the backfield. Once he runs 4.3 and teams see his combine and tape he'll go in the 4th or 5th round IMO.

2691 yards rushing 29 TD's and 84 receptions for 703 yards and another 12 TD's in 3 seasons is nothing to sneeze at.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 08:09 PM)pulses Wrote: I respectfully disagree. He can run he can pass block he can line up in the slot and he has explosive speed  quick feet and that 2nd gear not everyone has and he is excellent out of the backfield. Once he runs 4.3 and teams see his combine and tape he'll go in the 4th or 5th round IMO.

2691 yards rushing  29 TD's and  84 receptions for  703 yards and another  12 TD's in 3 seasons is nothing to sneeze at.

I agree, those are some fantastic numbers.  However, the Bengals are not strangers to drafting small school backs with great stats.  Have you ever heard of Bernard Scott?  I think the Bengals took him in the 6th round, his college numbers were off the charts.  He flashed a little, and I think he hung on with the team for two seasons.

I'm not dogging Marable when I predict late round or UDFA for him.  Unless he's got some niche that makes him extra valuable, like return skills, or otherwise invaluable special teams abilities, it's tough for the small school backs to hang on in the NFL.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 08:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I agree, those are some fantastic numbers.  However, the Bengals are not strangers to drafting small school backs with great stats.  Have you ever heard of Bernard Scott?  I think the Bengals took him in the 6th round, his college numbers were off the charts.  He flashed a little, and I think he hung on with the team for two seasons.

I'm not dogging Marable when I predict late round or UDFA for him.  Unless he's got some niche that makes him extra valuable, like return skills, or otherwise invaluable special teams abilities, it's tough for the small school backs to hang on in the NFL.

Arguably the best back in the league right now is from a small school LOL  so their goes your theory ThumbsUp 

The team needs more speed and playmakers all over the field. One of the better organizations in the league will draft him and use his strengths to help their team. I wouldn't be surprised if KC doesn't draft him to be honest.
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:10 PM)pulses Wrote: Arguably the best back in the league right now is from a small school LOL  so their goes your theory ThumbsUp 

The team needs more speed and playmakers all over the field. One of the better organizations in the league will draft him and use his strengths to help their team. I wouldn't be surprised if KC doesn't draft him to be honest.

Alabama is a small school? Because that's where Derrick Henry went to school, and it's not even arguable if he's the best back in the league right now, he's led the league in rushing AND rushing TDs the last two years. Undisputed best in the league right now.

He also rushed for 2,219 yards and 28 TDs... in just his Junior year alone.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2021, 09:10 PM)pulses Wrote: Arguably the best back in the league right now is from a small school LOL  so their goes your theory ThumbsUp 

To whom are you referring as the best RB in the league?
Henry is head and shoulders the best rusher in the league.

Are you referring to Aaron Jones?
If so, Aaron Jones had 4114 rush yards, 646 rec yards, and 40 TDs in 35 games in college. And yet he was still drafted in 5th round because he played at UTEP. Marable doesn't come close to Aaron Jones, as he had about 1500 less rushing yards across basically the same number of games.

As Sunset said, small-school RBs tend to go (much) later because of their level of competition and RBs being a dime a dozen.
You may be right in Marable becoming a good NFL RB, but that doesn't mean he won't be taken on Day 3. 
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(02-15-2021, 02:43 PM)ochocincos Wrote: To whom are you referring as the best RB in the league?
Henry is head and shoulders the best rusher in the league.

Are you referring to Aaron Jones?
If so, Aaron Jones had 4114 rush yards, 646 rec yards, and 40 TDs in 35 games in college. And yet he was still drafted in 5th round because he played at UTEP. Marable doesn't come close to Aaron Jones, as he had about 1500 less rushing yards across basically the same number of games.

As Sunset said, small-school RBs tend to go (much) later because of their level of competition and RBs being a dime a dozen.
You may be right in Marable becoming a good NFL RB, but that doesn't mean he won't be taken on Day 3. 

I was referring to Aaron Jones and while I do believe Marable will go in day 3 I just don't see him lasting until the 7th round. I think someone will draft him in the 4th or 5th. So i guess we'll just see.

Reply/Quote