Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock Me (End of the Season)
AJ McCarron loses his appeal the Bengals give him a 2nd Round RFA tender which is picked up by the Jets. They also receive 3rd and 5th round Comp picks for Zeitler and Whitworth.

1. Mike McGlinchey Offensive Tackle Notre Dame 6-7 310.
2a. Frank Ragnow Center Arkansas 6-5 315
2b. Harrison Phillips Defensive Tackle Stanford 6-4 295.
3a. Rashaan Evans Linebacker Alabama 6-3 230.
3b. Luke Falk Quarterback Washington State 6-4 205
4. Siran Neal Safety Jacksonville State 6-1 205.
5a. Toby Weathersby Offensive Tackle LSU 6-7 305
5b. Nick Needham Cornerback UTEP 6-0 190.

Its really early in the process right now so alot of these guys are up and down in the rankings depending on where you look...but I tried. LoL
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:02 PM)Synric Wrote: AJ McCarron loses his appeal the Bengals give him a 2nd Round RFA tender which is picked up by the Jets. They also receive 3rd and 5th round Comp picks for Zeitler and Whitworth.

1.  Mike McGlinchey Offensive Tackle Notre Dame 6-7 310.
4.  Siran Neal Safety Jacksonville State 6-1 205.

Its really early in the process right now so alot of these guys are up and down in the rankings depending on where you look...but I tried. LoL
Nailed it my man. Starts in the trenches. Love the positional picks. The safety in R4 also an area of need. Good stuff.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2018, 07:22 AM)Takedown Wrote: Nailed it my man. Starts in the trenches. Love the positional picks. The safety in R4 also an area of need. Good stuff.

I've always believed basic football starts with 3 simple rules: 1. Run the Football. 2. Stop the Run. 3. Rush the Passer. In that order.

Evans and Neil are probably going to rise up the rankings through the process. Neil will earn his money at the Senior Bowl and Evans is going to test through thr roof at the combine.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2018, 10:02 PM)Synric Wrote: AJ McCarron loses his appeal the Bengals give him a 2nd Round RFA tender which is picked up by the Jets. They also receive 3rd and 5th round Comp picks for Zeitler and Whitworth.

1.  Mike McGlinchey Offensive Tackle Notre Dame 6-7 310.
4.  Siran Neal Safety Jacksonville State 6-1 205.

I'm a fan of most of this.
I think/hope Ragnow can actually be had in the third round because of his ankle injury that should keep him out through the Senior Bowl. But I'd be fine taking him in Rd 2 if there's worry he won't be there in Rd 3. He's been a very solid, dependable C in the powerhouse SEC his whole collegiate career.
In regards to Luke Falk, I was REALLY into him in the early part of 2017. He's extremely accurate. But from some of the games I watched, he takes too long in his progressions and gets sacked a lot because of it. That's been the biggest disappointment from him that I've seen.
I've read scouting reports that Harrison Phillips is limited as a pass rusher but the dude seems to still get sacks and didn't look very limited in the games I watched of him. We'll find out more of his limitations in the Senior Bowl and Combine, but I think the Bengals can wait until the third or fourth round for Phillips if he's their target for DT.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Not a bad mock at all.  I wouldn't be upset in the least with it.  it hits on every major need we have on the team.  Nice job!
[Image: Zu8AdZv.png?1]
Deceitful, two-faced she-woman. Never trust a female, Delmar, remember that one simple precept and your time with me will not have been ill spent.

Reply/Quote
(01-04-2018, 10:36 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm a fan of most of this.
I think/hope Ragnow can actually be had in the third round because of his ankle injury that should keep him out through the Senior Bowl. But I'd be fine taking him in Rd 2 if there's worry he won't be there in Rd 3. He's been a very solid, dependable C in the powerhouse SEC his whole collegiate career.
In regards to Luke Falk, I was REALLY into him in the early part of 2017. He's extremely accurate. But from some of the games I watched, he takes too long in his progressions and gets sacked a lot because of it. That's been the biggest disappointment from him that I've seen.
I've read scouting reports that Harrison Phillips is limited as a pass rusher but the dude seems to still get sacks and didn't look very limited in the games I watched of him. We'll find out more of his limitations in the Senior Bowl and Combine, but I think the Bengals can wait until the third or fourth round for Phillips if he's their target for DT.

When doing mocks I try to error on the side or reaching than expecting people to fall. Which I mostly did in this mock besides a few of them.

1. I was actually surprised even with minor mid season surgery Ragnow was sliding down thr rankings so far. He has played a high level in one of the toughest conferences in college football...with no one around him. My big thing about Ragnow is that while he's really good at the point of attack moving guys off the line he's even better getting to the second level pulling and blocking on screens.

2. Luke Falk has all the intangibles I prefer in a quarterback. Fast release, accurate at all 3 levels with really nice touch but as you said he needs alot of work. Coming from a QB friendly scheme he never takes snaps from under center and has to get better at reading defenses. I know the most common comp is to Cousins but there's another one that's close..Matt Ryan.

3. I debated with myself about where to slot Phillips and Evans and I wouldn't be surprised if they flipped spots. I decided on Phillips in the mid second due to the defensive line talent while solid isn't as deep in the draft as last year and he has been good all year. I figure a 3-4 team to reach for him as a DE. 

Evans only has one year of starting experience and ILB experience but was solid if unspectacular. He did look good this season and if he had one more year of eligibility I think he would breakout under Nick Saban. I can see him having a great combine and moving up into the second round.

(01-04-2018, 10:41 AM)BengalHawk62 Wrote: Not a bad mock at all.  I wouldn't be upset in the least with it.  it hits on every major need we have on the team.  Nice job!

Thank you Thank you.

Reply/Quote