Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Knee Scar
If that scar on the knee didn't make you cringe I don't know what will.I know that Joe is a soldier but that picture wasn't by accident! ( The guy is yelling for a line) Go offensive line with the first three picks please.What other positions can't you live without outside of protecting the franchise? 

Edge Rusher is one of the deepest positions in this draft! Although mostly slot guys wideout is deep...
Go get ten years of protection and no " true " fan will hate you for it.
Reply/Quote
I would have zero complaints if we went OL back to back to back.

I knew the OL was bad but watching replays from last year it’s embarrassing.
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 10:30 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: I would have zero complaints if we went OL back to back to back.

I knew the OL was bad but watching replays from last year it’s embarrassing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the first 4 picks were on offense.  More likely, if it falls as I believe it will, they will go:  WR, OT, DE/DT, and then G.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-20-2021, 10:52 AM)Emeritus Wrote: If that scar on the knee didn't make you cringe I don't know what will.I know that Joe is a soldier but that picture wasn't by accident! ( The guy is yelling for a line) Go offensive line with the first three picks please.What other positions can't you live without outside of protecting the franchise? 

Edge Rusher is one of the deepest positions in this draft! Although mostly slot guys wideout is deep...
Go get ten years of protection and no " true " fan will hate you for it.

Joe Burrow was also 22nd in pass attempts (404) and only played 9.5 games.
He was averaging 40.4 pass attempts per game.
If he had maintained that trend through a whole season, he would have had the most pass attempts in the league.
Their defense was atrocious and their running game was MIA.

I get wanting to flood the OL with talent, but he'll be at more risk of being injured the more attempts he takes.

If the team can have a better defense (and running game) such that he doesn't have to throw 40 times a game, that will also (greatly) reduce his chances of getting injured again.

Likely only 1, MAYBE 2 OL who are drafted would start anyway, so I don't think it makes sense to draft three OL in a row.
Also, this team really only has two good receivers, Higgins and Boyd. Uzomah and Sample can catch passes, but they don't get many yards.
If one of Higgins or Boyd goes down, Burrow will get coverage sacks/hits because the receivers won't be able to get open.

This could have been avoided had the Bengals gotten at least one competent WR and/or pass-catching TE in FA, but they didn't.

I'm fine with taking a third OL in Rd 5 or later for depth purposes (I like Alaric Jackson late), but they need DL and a receiver before they need a third OL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote