Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock draft 2.0 via fanspeak
Imma get hate for the osu players but IDC they damn good.

I would love to use these extra 5th and 6th to get up into the 4th damn good value there.

1. MICHEAL HALL DT OSU- very good 3-tech against the run and pass, something we desperately need as a pass rushing 3-tech is something we currently do not have.

2. C/G SEDRICK VAN PRAN GEORGIA-need I say more? Either a volson or karras replacement for a player who has anchored Georgia line last 2 years.

3. TE CADE STOVER OSU- need to revamp our te room. Dude has shown ability to separate in man coverage and has a great feeL for zone as a former lber and de. Has also shown the ability for down the seam catching. Biggest attribute imo is he just breaks tackles. Extremely rarely does the first tackler bring him down. He relishes the run blocking assignments as well.

4. G ZACK GINTER MICHIGIAN- Volson replacement. Love his realiability in run and pass blocking against top competition.

5. CB CAM HART NOTRE DAME- Ex-wr plays man and zone very well, with some limitations against the run. Have very good length, but can get grabby. This is expectation chido leaves.

5. QB TYLER VAN DYKE MIAMI- perfect backup qb for burrow for next 4 years.

6. OT JAVON FOSTER MISSOURI- LT who should slide in to rt and provide plenty of power and reliability in both pass and run game.

6. RB CHRIS TYREE NOTRE DAME- we lack speed and big play ability in run game and they obviously don’t trust anyone outside of mixon. Tyree brings speed and big play ability to a position devoid of it.

7. WR DOMINIC LEVVETT GEORGIA- 7th round shot in dark at wr hope he can stick at back end of wr room.
Reply/Quote
(10-12-2023, 12:40 AM)Jpoore Wrote: Imma get hate for the osu players but IDC they damn good.

I would love to use these extra 5th and 6th to get up into the 4th damn good value there.

1. MICHEAL HALL DT OSU- very good 3-tech against the run and pass, something we desperately need as a pass rushing 3-tech is something we currently do not have.

I'm seeing some people bashing Hill in some threads for not being good enough in the pass rush, so they want someone else who is better.

Here's the leaderboard for IDL sacks more than Hill (2.5):
Chris Jones - 5.5
Ed Oliver - 4.0
Jalen Carter - 3.5
Vita Vea - 3.5
Osa Odighuzuwa - 3.0
Kenny Clark - 3.0
Javon Hargrave - 3.0
Morgan Fox - 3.0
Drake Jackson - 3.0

Hill is tied for 10th (with Aaron Donald and Jeffery Simmons) among IDL for sacks.

I actually don't think getting an upgrade at 3T to be an immediate starter is as big of a need as some people think.

With that said, Hill will be in a contract year next year and won't likely be extended, so they probably do need someone who can be a rotational piece before taking over majority of snaps in 2025.
I'm willing to give Carter through the rest of this year to see how he comes along before saying he's not good enough.
He wasn't a full-time IDL in college, so we knew he was going to take a bit more time to settle in and get going.

Is Michael Hall someone who can come in and get 4+ sacks as a rotational guy?
I ask because right now, we already got some interior guys who can get 2-4 in a rotational capacity.

Is Hall worth taking over someone like Tyler Davis from Clemson?
Davis has more pass rushing production than Hall, but I haven't watched either of them much to assess why that is.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-13-2023, 10:26 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm seeing some people bashing Hill in some threads for not being good enough in the pass rush, so they want someone else who is better.

Here's the leaderboard for IDL sacks more than Hill (2.5):
Chris Jones - 5.5
Ed Oliver - 4.0
Jalen Carter - 3.5
Vita Vea - 3.5
Osa Odighuzuwa - 3.0
Kenny Clark - 3.0
Javon Hargrave - 3.0
Morgan Fox - 3.0
Drake Jackson - 3.0

Hill is tied for 10th (with Aaron Donald and Jeffery Simmons) among IDL for sacks.

I actually don't think getting an upgrade at 3T to be an immediate starter is as big of a need as some people think.

With that said, Hill will be in a contract year next year and won't likely be extended, so they probably do need someone who can be a rotational piece before taking over majority of snaps in 2025.
I'm willing to give Carter through the rest of this year to see how he comes along before saying he's not good enough.
He wasn't a full-time IDL in college, so we knew he was going to take a bit more time to settle in and get going.

Is Michael Hall someone who can come in and get 4+ sacks as a rotational guy?
I ask because right now, we already got some interior guys who can get 2-4 in a rotational capacity.

Is Hall worth taking over someone like Tyler Davis from Clemson?
Davis has more pass rushing production than Hall, but I haven't watched either of them much to assess why that is.

Hill has a 7% pass rush win rate. He’s been bad this year. For reference it was 13% last year. I had dremont jones coming out as a 5-8 sack a year guy. Hall is better as a pass rusher and he’s damn good against the run. I believe if he was a 3-tech starter he’d give you 6-9 sacks his rookie year with a 12-15% pressure rate. See below his strengths. I think 3-tech is need number one

Hall has a wide base and a low center of gravity to hold his ground against single blockers, as well as the upper-body strength to shed them.
Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
He’s ready for the physicality of the NFL; Hall has a stout build, strong core and powerful limbs to step in right away as a three-down player.
His motor is excellent, and he’s quick to locate the ball and make plays against the run.
Provides some secondary interior pass rush, getting most penetration when playing three technique.
Plays with leverage at the point of attack whether inside or outside. Keeps eyes in the backfield when inside; moves linemen to either side with strong hands.
Reply/Quote