Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock draft with updated comp picks
Traded back slightly(23 and 59 for 18 and 145) and like how it turned out overall. Trying to improve the trenches

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
As stacked as this 3 tech class is, there's simply no way I'm rolling the dice on an injured Newton in the 1st. No reason to take that big of a risk when there's a number of similar caliber 3t's that are healthy.

There's also no way I touch Sinnott in Round 2. That's just crazy to me. He's a Day 3 prospect who maybe slips into the end of 3 due to the terrible TE class. Personally, I wouldn't touch a TE in this class not named Bowers before the 4th.

I like Jones as a Day 3 prospect, but really would like to see an OT earlier than this.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: As stacked as this 3 tech class is, there's simply no way I'm rolling the dice on an injured Newton in the 1st. No reason to take that big of a risk when there's a number of similar caliber 3t's that are healthy.

There's also no way I touch Sinnott in Round 2. That's just crazy to me. He's a Day 3 prospect who maybe slips into the end of 3 due to the terrible TE class. Personally, I wouldn't touch a TE in this class not named Bowers before the 4th.

I like Jones as a Day 3 prospect, but really would like to see an OT earlier than this.

Couple things… 1. Newton will be fully healthy by pro day. It was a simple procedure which he played through most of year btw… Sinnott solidified himself as a top 50ish pick and that’s where he’s going by consensus. This te class gets to much hate. I would like a OT earlier as well but fits never matched up. I think we resign Jonah though.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 02:23 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Couple things… 1. Newton will be fully healthy by pro day. It was a simple procedure which he played through most of year btw… Sinnott solidified himself as a top 50ish pick and that’s where he’s going by consensus. This te class gets to much hate. I would like a OT earlier as well but fits never matched up. I think we resign Jonah though.

Uh, Illinois had it's Pro Day March 8, and Newton did not participate due to his injury.  There is talk that he might do an individual Pro Day if he gets healthy enough before the draft, but his injury has a 3-4 month recovery timetable.  

Sinnott is currently the #125 prospect, on average.  Zierlein for the official combine website has him graded at 6.13 "good backup who could develop into a starter" and has him as his #6 TE.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 12:49 PM)Whatever Wrote: As stacked as this 3 tech class is, there's simply no way I'm rolling the dice on an injured Newton in the 1st.  No reason to take that big of a risk when there's a number of similar caliber 3t's that are healthy.

There's also no way I touch Sinnott in Round 2.  That's just crazy to me. He's a Day 3 prospect who maybe slips into the end of 3 due to the terrible TE class.  Personally, I wouldn't touch a TE in this class not named Bowers before the 4th.

Sinnot is gonna go in the 3rd or 4th round not at the end of the draft i'm not sure what you're smoking here.
Reply/Quote
I'm probably the only one that thinks this but I can't see Sweat getting  out of the first RD. Love the Newton pick!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 03:48 PM)pulses Wrote: Sinnot is gonna go in the 3rd or 4th round not at the end of the draft i'm not sure what you're smoking here.

Sinnott is 125 overall, which is 4th round. Who said anything about the end of the draft?  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2024, 04:30 PM)Whatever Wrote: Sinnott is 125 overall, which is 4th round. Who said anything about the end of the draft?  
I thought you meant end of day 3
above sorry
Reply/Quote
I did a few trades to upgrade my mid and later round picks.
The DT and RB rooms are going to be pretty stout...lol

[Image: ea2e4c4fb453d8314bd4e3a7f641d747.jpg]

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote