Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock w trade back with Washington
This team needs a talent infusion to go along with youth I think we have our guy in mind and he will be there at 18. So with a trade with Washington we get their 1st(18) 2nd(50) 4th(114)

1) Malik McDowell 6'6 290 DE/DT Michigan St - would be dominate on RDE

2) Joe Mixon 6'1 225 RB Oklahoma- we need a bell cow back

2) Taylor Moton 6'5 320 OT Western Michigan- gives us a backup option along the oline.

3) Ethan Pocic 6'6 320 C LSU- backup center pushes to start in 2018

4) Anthony Walker 6'1 240 MLB Nortwestern- gives us a thumper in the middle with speed

4) Carl Lawson 6'2 260 DE/OLB Auburn- that hybrid edge rusher on passing downs

4) Shelton Gibson 5'11 195 WR West Virginia- speedy receiver to add to rotation

5) Zane Gonzalez 6'0 200 K Arizona St.- we need a kicker!

5) Ben Boulware 6'0 240 LB Clemson- special teams ace backup LB, takes Vigils place on special teams

6-7 BPA no need to list probably practice squad.
Reply/Quote
(03-12-2017, 11:58 PM)schroomytunes Wrote: This team needs a talent infusion to go along with youth I think we have our guy in mind and he will be there at 18. So with a trade with Washington we get their 1st(18) 2nd(50) 4th(114)

1) Malik McDowell 6'6 290 DE/DT Michigan St - would be dominate on RDE

2) Joe Mixon 6'1 225 RB Oklahoma- we need a bell cow back

2) Taylor Moton 6'5 320 OT Western Michigan- gives us a backup option along the oline.

3) Ethan Pocic 6'6 320 C LSU- backup center pushes to start in 2018

4) Anthony Walker 6'1 240 MLB Nortwestern- gives us a thumper in the middle with speed

4) Carl Lawson 6'2 260 DE/OLB Auburn- that hybrid edge rusher on passing downs

4) Shelton Gibson 5'11 195 WR West Virginia- speedy receiver to add to rotation

5) Zane Gonzalez 6'0 200 K Arizona St.- we need a kicker!

5) Ben Boulware 6'0 240 LB Clemson- special teams ace backup LB, takes Vigils place on special teams

6-7 BPA no need to list probably practice squad.

Why do you think McDowell will be the solution at RDE? Most of his success and snaps in college came from the inside. He's likely going to be a DT in the NFL.

Also, what makes you think Carl Lawson falls all the way to the fourth round?

Last, what would Washington be trading up for?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 12:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Why do you think McDowell will be the solution at RDE? Most of his success and snaps in college came from the inside. He's likely going to be a DT in the NFL.

Also, what makes you think Carl Lawson falls all the way to the fourth round?

Last, what would Washington be trading up for?

I agree with the OP in that McDowell Has all the physical traits to be a DE, but lacked the playtime in that role in college because the need for him to play in so many positions.  I actually consider McDowell to be the 2nd best 4-3 DE in this draft behind Garrett.  

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 01:21 PM)Okeana Wrote: I agree with the OP in that McDowell Has all the physical traits to be a DE, but lacked the playtime in that role in college because the need for him to play in so many positions.  I actually consider McDowell to be the 2nd best 4-3 DE in this draft behind Garrett.  

That's a project then. We all know how projects go with the Bengals...they fail. I don't want to see a project with the first round pick. I don't want to see a project until the fourth round honestly.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 01:25 PM)ochocincos Wrote: That's a project then. We all know how projects go with the Bengals...they fail. I don't want to see a project with the first round pick. I don't want to see a project until the fourth round honestly.

Well i Know a lot of scouts view him the same way.  He did have a lot of success at the position, but he was asked to play everywhere on the line so he doesn't have as much tape as every other DE.  You also don't draft 1st round picks at where they are now, but where you project them to be in 3 years.  This guy has way to much success at the college level to ever be considered a project player and I would consider Taco or Tanoh much bigger project players than McDowell.

Reply/Quote

Here's a video that gives some good examples

Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 01:32 PM)Okeana Wrote: Well i Know a lot of scouts view him the same way.  He did have a lot of success at the position, but he was asked to play everywhere on the line so he doesn't have as much tape as every other DE.  You also don't draft 1st round picks at where they are now, but where you project them to be in 3 years.  This guy has way to much success at the college level to ever be considered a project player and I would consider Taco or Tanoh much bigger project players than McDowell.

Meh. 6'6", 295 lbs is more 3-4 DE or 4-3 UT to me, not 4-3 DE. 260-280 lbs seems more 4-3 DE.

I disagree about drafting 1st round picks based on where they project in 3 years. The fans want 1st rounders (especially any pick under 20) to be immediate contributors as a rookie or at worst significant snaps and quality play as a sophomore. Do we really want to wait until Year 3 or 4 for a first rounder to make an impact?
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I'm really not a fan of trading down anymore. This team won't add guys in free agency, so we need to take the chance to add a top 10 player while we can.

Trade McCarron for a 2nd rounder and start filling some holes.
Reply/Quote