Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mock with comp. picks
Since we finally know where we will be picking with comps. I'm gonna do one that I don't typically don't like to do though, which is to factor in a trade. It seems like a realistic trade that both teams would be in a position to make. So in this scenario we would have picks 21, 22, 46, 77, 100, 112, 151, 170, 187, 249, 252, and 253.

1. Browns- Sequan Barkley, RB Penn St
2. Giants- Josh Rosen, QB UCLA
3. Colts- Bradley Chubb, DE NC State
4. Browns- Sam Darnold, QB USC
5. Broncos- Baker Mayfield, QB Oklahoma
6. Jets- Quinten Nelson, OG Notre Dame
7. Bucs- Minkah Fitzpatrick, DB Alabama
8. Bears- Denzel Ward, CB OSU
9. 49'ers- Tremaine Edmunds, LB VA Tech
10. Raiders- Roquan Smith, LB Georgia
11. Dolphins- Joshua Jackson, CB Iowa
12. Bengals- Trade

This is where I think the Buffalo Bills will be picking up the phone and contacting us and Mike Brown gets them to send us picks 21, 22 and their 2nd round pick next year for them to come up and get the QB that they thought Tyrod Taylor was going to be, Lamar Jackson. He is going to blow up the combine and someone is going to take him in the top half of the 1st round.

21. Bengals- Mike McGlinchey, OT Notre Dame
22. Bengals- Rashaan Evans, LB Alabama
46. Bengals- Frank Ragnow, C Arkansas
77. Bengals- Mason Rudolph, QB Oklahoma St
100. Bengals- Mike Gesicki, TE Penn State
112. Bengals- Jordan Whitehead, S Pittsburgh
151. Bengals- Chandon Sullivan, CB Georgia State
170. Bengals- Shaun Dion Hamilton, LB Alabama
187. Bengals- Dion Cane, WR Clemson
249. Bengals- Bo Scarborough, RB Alabama
252. Bengals- Dimitri Flowers, FB Oklahoma
253. Bengals- Michael Bagley, K Miami

While some may not be fans of a few picks, I think this draft would be a couple huge steps in the right direction in fixing this football team. We address some much needed offensive line, a linebacker that has sideline to sideline speed and a middle of the field threat.
Reply/Quote
I like it! I think we are in a great position to trade back this year. The qb’s going in the top of the draft will push someone like Buffalo or Arizona to trade up!
Reply/Quote
I love the trade back idea if Nelson isn’t there. But I’d love to trade back with buffalo and have it include cordy Glenn. Just don’t want another rookie starting tackle....but Then the draft is wide open but I want Evans badly so I’m with u there. Love gesicki. Watch his high school basketball tape. It’s epic. Scarborough IMO is a steal late along with Cain when talking about upside.
Reply/Quote
Would not be mad if it rolled this way. Good job.

Looks like the Browns are wanting to trade out of the #1 pick.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 12:23 PM)dr1441 Wrote: Since we finally know where we will be picking with comps. I'm gonna do one that I don't typically don't like to do though, which is to factor in a trade. It seems like a realistic trade that both teams would be in a position to make. So in this scenario we would have picks 21, 22, 46, 77, 100, 112, 151, 170, 187, 249, 252, and 253.

12. Bengals- Trade

This is where I think the Buffalo Bills will be picking up the phone and contacting us and Mike Brown gets them to send us picks 21, 22 and their 2nd round pick next year for them to come up and get the QB that they thought Tyrod Taylor was going to be, Lamar Jackson. He is going to blow up the combine and someone is going to take him in the top half of the 1st round.

While some may not be fans of a few picks, I think this draft would be a couple huge steps in the right direction in fixing this football team. We address some much needed offensive line, a linebacker that has sideline to sideline speed and a middle of the field threat.
I'd be thrilled with this haul.  My only changes would be Price at 46 if he falls over Ragnow and I'm not a big fan of Rudolph.   I think 77 would be a great place to get a safety or double up at tackle if Cappa, Williams, Jones, or Parker are available.  I'd also be okay with drafting Gesicki in that 77 slot given his great showing at the combine.  
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2018, 12:23 PM)dr1441 Wrote: Since we finally know where we will be picking with comps. I'm gonna do one that I don't typically don't like to do though, which is to factor in a trade. It seems like a realistic trade that both teams would be in a position to make. So in this scenario we would have picks 21, 22, 46, 77, 100, 112, 151, 170, 187, 249, 252, and 253.

12. Bengals- Trade

Would love this Draft, great job Doc. Probably have to switch Gesicki with Mark Andrews after that combine.

Don't see Gesicki falling out of the 2nd now.

But overall just a great mock that addresses all our needs. Like Ragnow better than Price now after the pec tear.
Reply/Quote