Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MockDraftDatabase Simulation no trades
RD. 1 - 28th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVLcK8AU1Fraaef6mOT_y...g&usqp=CAU]

Anton Harrison - OT - Oklahoma - 6'5" 315

Arguably the best pure pass blocker in the draft. When Harrison latches onto a defender they are stopped. Harrison exhibits elite level pass blocking traits with raw strength and outstanding foot usage. While Harrison is not an elite run blocker he it still would not be considered a weakness. In the run game Harrison does not regularly put defenders on their backs but he is an effective run blocker and gets to the second level very smoothly because of his athleticism. Even if the Bengals are committed to Jonah Williams for the '23 season Harrison will be there to push him and to step into the starting job in '24. The name of the game is protecting the franchise QB and Harrison keeps the QB clean.

RD. 2 - 60th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThclg3IUIkfD0T3-TcwEo...g&usqp=CAU]

Tucker Kraft - TE - S. Dakota St. - 6'5" 255

A complete TE. Kraft has drawn comparisons to Pat Freiermuth and if he can get even close to that production, 1,200 yards and 9 TDs, over his first two seasons then he will compliment this offense very positively. Kraft is a good blocker and an outstanding receiver. Great hands, good speed, and a tough tackle after getting the ball in his hands. Kraft is TE that will be a legit deep threat and a touch matchup in coverage. Ideally the Bengals bring back Hurst which will give Kraft the ultimate pro and mentor to learn from.

RD. 3 - 92nd Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwrbzbr-DnY8r0BmsntD1...A&usqp=CAU]

D.J. Turner - CB - Michigan - 6'0" 180

Turner brings elite athleticism, speed, and technique to the position. Has shown the ability to play both man and zone coverage at a very high level. Turner is a master of technique and is rarely penalized. His strong technique keeps him out of trouble and in the right place to make plays much of this is because of his outstanding football IQ. Turner will have to continue to get stronger at the next level and physical and bigger receivers can challenge him. Should be an outstanding addition to Awuzie, Taylor-Britt, and Hilton. Turner will challenge early on for playing time because of his technical soundness.

RD. 4 - 131st Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5JYIS3PzR8dg6K1EkI3r...g&usqp=CAU]

Israel Abanikanda - RB - Pitt - 5'11" 215

Israel is the best RB in the draft that many have not heard of. I will not be at all surprised if he becomes the best RB to come out of this draft class. Israel is young and will not turn 21 until after the season starts and will need some maturing in the game to reach his very high ceiling. However, he already shows good vision, the ability to set up and follow his blocks, and very good long speed. When Israel gets in the open field he will run away from defenders. Shows good leg drive when in traffic and fights for yards after contact. Has not been used extensively as a receiving threat. Has drawn comparisons to the Chiefs Isiah Pacheco. His ability to run inside and speed to run outside will make this offense even more dangerous.

RD. 5 - 165th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSkFJZond9bTVO7wYs1-Nn...Q&usqp=CAU]

Habakkuk Baldonado - DE - Pitt - 6'5" 260

Baldonado is a work in progress that has an extremely high ceiling. He is from Rome where he played 3 years of high school football but only 1 year of high school ball after coming to the United States. Baldonado displays good raw play strength and the ability to set the edge for a defense in the run game. While he is a good pass rusher that displays decent instincts this is a part of his game that he will need to continue to develop. Should benefit greatly from working with Hobby and being in the room with Hendrickson and Hubbard.

RD. 6 - 206th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQGe59-zCBs8xj5R0WNISC...g&usqp=CAU]

Ryan Hayes - OT - Michigan - 6'7" 307

Hayes is a very experienced lineman who should be able to compete early for the RT job. He plays with a very physical demeanor and is a + run blocker. Hayes needs to continue to develop his kick step in pass coverage but his areas of weakness are those that should be coachable. When it comes to experience Hayes has over 2,100 snaps playing OT at Michigan. Hayes should be welcome addition to the depth of this O line on the outside and should provide the experience to push starters and/or take their job.

Round 7 - 248th Overall

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRrEABCMAkUbxxJg1qm9DH...w&usqp=CAU]

Cam Jones - LB - Indiana - 6'1" 230

When I watch film on Cam Jones I see no real way that he is still here for this selection but if he is then it is an easy selection. Cam comes with a very high football IQ and was a three time captain for the Hoosiers. Jones is a former defensive back who has a good understanding of coverage and is not a liability in this part of the game. In '22 Jones was having a break out season however a foot injury cut the season short for him. Jones needs to refine some points of his game but is very coachable and should be a great addition to the LB room. If the Bengals bring Pratt back he Jones will be in great position to work with him and Wilson and learn from two of the best how to transition to the next level.
Reply/Quote
https://www.nflmockdraftdatabase.com/mock-draft-simulator

1. Harrison, OT
2. McDonald, OLB/Edge
3. Wypler, C/IOL
4. Moss, CB
5. Whyle, TE
6. Mingo, WR
7. D. Johnson, DL

Harrison to be the future at LT. Maybe the present. Wypler gives us 4 playable IOL guys and 1 capable reserve at each spot, though you have to count Karras at C & G to get there. McDonald gives us pass rush/Edge help. Moss CB depth (Apple/Flowers upgrade). Mingo WR depth and an upgrade from Morgan. Johnson a developmental DL/Tufele upgrade.

Did not get guard help or S depth. Roll with Thonas or Wilson as the 4th S, and gonna have to find another Scharping in FA or bring him back. Nor a returner/slot upgrade from Taylor. I'd make a big play for a punter as an unsigned FA (Turk or the guys from Michigan State or Rutgers).
Reply/Quote
Here's what I got on this simulator.

Attached Files Image(s)

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 05:58 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Here's what I got on this simulator.

I of course really like the Harrison selection but the more I watch film and study DJ Turner the more I like him. I really, really hope he is a Bengal come the end of the draft. While he may not check the boxes for length and height he brings so many other elite traits. I really feel like he is going to be a high level pro for a long time.

I also really like the Warren Carter selection. He brings many very good traits to the OT position and I could see him taking a starting RT position in the NFL in pretty short order.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2023, 09:47 PM)OSUfan Wrote: I of course really like the Harrison selection but the more I watch film and study DJ Turner the more I like him. I really, really hope he is a Bengal come the end of the draft. While he may not check the boxes for length and height he brings so many other elite traits. I really feel like he is going to be a high level pro for a long time.

I also really like the Warren Carter selection. He brings many very good traits to the OT position and I could see him taking a starting RT position in the NFL in pretty short order.

Idk if you saw this. Harrison will no longer be on our boards for OT in the slightest. Sub 32" arms is not what he wanted to see.

Correction, sub 32", not sub 33"
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 02:33 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Idk if you saw this. Harrison will no longer be on our boards for OT in the slightest. Sub 32" arms is not what he wanted to see.

He better learn to play guard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 02:33 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Idk if you saw this. Harrison will no longer be on our boards for OT in the slightest. Sub 32" arms is not what he wanted to see.

Double correction. Twitter had an incorrect first number. 34". Back in play now.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 02:50 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Double correction. Twitter had an incorrect first number. 34". Back in play now.

So we have no real idea then because NFL.com still has him listed at 31 3/4. We probably won't know for sure until he runs later.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anton-harrison/32004841-5257-5324-7acd-121b32d76e46
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 02:53 PM)Synric Wrote: So we have no real idea then because NFL.com still has him listed at 31 3/4. We probably won't know for sure until he runs later.

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/anton-harrison/32004841-5257-5324-7acd-121b32d76e46

They've updated the site now.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2023, 02:50 PM)WVUHomer Wrote: Double correction. Twitter had an incorrect first number. 34". Back in play now.

34 1/8" to be exact.
Reply/Quote