Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mocking is the best
Not much time, but I wanted to make another mock so soon since my last mock became irrelevant with us re-signing Eifert (had us taking Gesicki in RD1).

1. James Daniels, C, Iowa 
2. Taven Bryan, DT, Florida
3a. Martinas Rankins, OT, Mississippi State
3b. Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville
4. DeShon Elliot, S, Texas
5a. Dallas Goedert, TE, South Dakota
5b. Eddy Pineiro, K, Florida
5c. Marquis Haynes, DE, Ole Miss
7a. BPA
7b. BPA
7c. BPA
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
so ur cool with our linebacking situation with only preston brown????? Burfict yet again is suspended and u know he will miss every other play when he is around until he get suspended again. so ur telling me in the afc north ur trying to make a championship run with just preston brown nick vigil and justin evans....SMH. please just no. uve gotta address linebacker for me to have anything positive about this mock.. other than daniels, hes a beast.
Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:26 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: so ur cool with our linebacking situation with only preston brown?????   Burfict yet again is suspended and u know he will miss every other play when he is around until he get suspended again.  so ur telling me in the afc north ur trying to make a championship run with just preston brown nick vigil and justin evans....SMH.  please just no. uve gotta address linebacker for me to have anything positive about this mock..  other than daniels, hes a beast.

Man I go off what I believe will happen. All the positions I addressed are NEEDS. If I picked a LB instead you would b**** about me not addressing the position I replaced LB with.

Reply/Quote
(03-17-2018, 11:42 AM)Takedown Wrote: Man I go off what I believe will happen. All the positions I addressed are NEEDS. If I picked a LB instead you would b**** about me not addressing the position I replaced LB with. Take a hike troll.
 so linebacker is not a need to you here in cinci? Just trying to see what ur thought process is.... and lets not be babies guys...when u post a mock not everybody is gonna kiss ur ass and tell u they love it. Im not a fan of it. i think linebacker is a major need and its not een addressed in this. so i ask do u not think linebacker is a need here in cincinnati. I believe it is. Burfict is always coming off the field and or is suspended. hasnt played in 3 straight week 1 games due to suspension. i love burfict but for the first 4 weeks we have preston brown. thats it. even with buriftc we have only burfict and brown. The rest are mediocre at best. Vinent rey is a great back up nothing more. Justin evans is soft as muffin just fast, hmmmm kinda like our first round pick last year. vigil just isnt a starting nfl linebacker. gotta draft a linebacker. and not another soft role player. we need a stud.
Reply/Quote
Let's stay on topic, drop the attempts at belittling each other for opinions, and stay within the CoC. Thank you.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
In all fairness, the Bengals do not value the LB position. They have passed over guys every year. It's just a position that they rarely ever burn a high pick on.
Reply/Quote
We need more linebackers, and I still think Price is the best center.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 12:30 AM)Hammerstripes Wrote: In all fairness, the Bengals do not value the LB position.  They have passed over guys every year.  It's just a position that they rarely ever burn a high pick on.

Jim O. has stated that we shouldn't expect to take a LB early on (this was BEFORE we signed Brown), maybe R5 or later. This doesn't mean I don't see that position as a need, but yes you are correct. I expect us to take a Center in R1 and a OG/OT or safety in R2.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 04:19 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: We need more linebackers, and I still think Price is the best center.

Any center is better than Bodine lol. And yes we do need another LB, but I don't see it happening.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:40 AM)Takedown Wrote: Jim O. has stated that we shouldn't expect to take a LB early on (this was BEFORE we signed Brown), maybe R5 or later. This doesn't mean I don't see that position as a need, but yes you are correct. I expect us to take a Center in R1 and a OG/OT or safety in R2.

Don't get me wrong, I see it as a need as well, but I also know how the Bengals do business.

From what I can see, they have the following attitude:

1.  We play nickel 75% of the time, we don't need a SAM backer - and if we do, we have Lawson.
2.  Let's sign a vet to fill the hole - Minter last year, Brown this year.
3.  We really love the upside of Vigil and Evans.

All that translates into passing on one unless something miraculous happened and one of the top 2 guys are there at #21.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 04:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I see it as a need as well, but I also know how the Bengals do business.

1.  We play nickel 75% of the time, we don't need a SAM backer - and if we do, we have Lawson.

All that translates into passing on one unless something miraculous happened and one of the top 2 guys are there at #21.

This is kinda how I see it. That would fall under “BPA”. I just don’t see LB in R1. BUT, if someone like Evans falls to us in R2 I wouldn’t be too surprised to see us take him, but we need o-line help more than anything.

Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 06:40 AM)Takedown Wrote: Jim O. has stated that we shouldn't expect to take a LB early on (this was BEFORE we signed Brown), maybe R5 or later. This doesn't mean I don't see that position as a need, but yes you are correct. I expect us to take a Center in R1 and a OG/OT or safety in R2.

Here is the deal.We will draft a linebacker,no question and I like the Edmonds guy from VT.I also like Billy Price from Ohio State as our next center and I would draft him with the 21st pick or at least the second pick and if we could just go ahead and draft will Hernandez I think that's his name.We need better D lineman and a big time center plus a killer linebacker.All three of those positons need to be addressed one,two,three.and yes draft a kicker.We do not need to waste a pick on a qb.we can do that next year.
Reply/Quote

Here is the deal.We will draft a linebacker,no question and I like the Edmonds guy from VT.I also like Billy Price from Ohio State as our next center and I would draft him with the 21st pick or at least the second pick and if we could just go ahead and draft will Hernandez I think that's his name.We need better D lineman and a big time center plus a killer linebacker.All three of those positons need to be addressed one,two,three.and yes draft a kicker.We do not need to waste a pick on a qb.we can do that next year.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 07:45 PM)fortyyearfan Wrote: Here is the deal.We will draft a linebacker,no question and I like the Edmonds guy from VT.I also like Billy Price from Ohio State as our next center and I would draft him with the 21st pick or at least the second pick and if we could just go ahead and draft will Hernandez I think that's his name.We need better D lineman and a big time center plus a killer linebacker.All three of those positons need to be addressed one,two,three.and yes draft a kicker.We do not need to waste a pick on a qb.we can do that next year.

rd1 Will Hernandez
Rd2 Billy Price
rd3 Darius Leonard
rd3 B.J Hill
??
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 04:12 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: Don't get me wrong, I see it as a need as well, but I also know how the Bengals do business.

Vigil is the starting SAM. And I would expect the plan (with the current roster anyway) is to put Rey or Evans at WILL while Burfict is out.

So the starting LBs would be:
SAM - Vigil
MIKE - Brown
WILL - Burfict (Rey/Evans during suspension)

If the Bengals are looking to continue with their guys, I can see a depth run stuffer and consistent tackler drafted on Day 3. If they actually want to upgrade the position, they might surprise and draft a LB early. It's just hard to think differently though given Haslett is still the LB coach and Marvin is still the HC.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:03 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Vigil is the starting SAM. And I would expect the plan (with the current roster anyway) is to put Rey or Evans at WILL while Burfict is out.

So the starting LBs would be:
SAM - Vigil
MIKE - Brown
WILL - Burfict (Rey/Evans during suspension)

If the Bengals are looking to continue with their guys, I can see a depth run stuffer and consistent tackler drafted on Day 3. If they actually want to upgrade the position, they might surprise and draft a LB early. It's just hard to think differently though given Haslett is still the LB coach and Marvin is still the HC.

Yea that is not a good linebacker group. Take burfict out of that group, and it’s literally just brown. Burfict s always gone missing plays or suspended. Evans coming in or vigil or Rey is not gonna cut it when u wanna stop the run or anything for that matter cuz their trash and u play in the afc north.
Reply/Quote
(03-19-2018, 08:12 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: rd1 Will Hernandez
Rd2 Billy Price
rd3 Darius Leonard
rd3 B.J Hill
??

While I think there's definite potential with Leonard and he's very good in coverage, there are some question marks that I think could turn away the Bengals.

1) I've read multiple reports that suggest Leonard's frame is maxed out and he might not be able to play any spot in a 4-3 besides WILL.
2) He doesn't seem to be a LB that tries to attack downhill and take on blocks but rather use his speed and athleticism to work around them. This also seems more fitting for a WILL.
3) The Bengals seems to have plenty of LBs that are more ideal fits at WILL vs SAM or MIKE. Because of this, they could be looking more for a bigger LB that can stuff the run from either the MIKE or SAM spot.
4) Leonard played at SC State in the MEAC, not a more well-known school or better conference. The coaches might not be looking hard at prospects not from the bigger name schools.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:18 PM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: Yea that is not a good linebacker group.  Take burfict out of that group, and it’s literally just brown.  Burfict s always gone missing plays or suspended.  Evans coming in or vigil or Rey is not gonna cut it when u wanna stop the run and u play in the afc north.

Darius Leonard is going to be a guy that is a big run stopper? I'm not so sure about that.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:23 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Darius Leonard is going to be a guy that is a big run stopper? I'm not so sure about that.
He’s better than vigil Rey and Evans hands down and brown and burfict are ur run stoppers. We need an athletic freak who can fly we need speed and toughness at the position. Not these soft mediocre late round bandaids who never amount to anything. For the future Leonard burfict and brown would be outstanding and pairing Leonard with brown is a much better option while burfict is out than let’s say Rey’s old slow mediocre play. Or Evans who’s fast but doesn’t know what to do when he gets there as he’s soft as a muffin or there’s vigil who just is what he is. A mid round linebacker for depth and special teams. Leonard forte may not be stopping the run. But the dude is a poor mans shazier and with burfict and brown we need someone to put with those two who can fly not another late round trash talent or Rey vigil or Evans. They solve nothing.
Ohh and just to prove that the jury is still out on Leonard against the run,, here’s the report for Darius Leonard off SBNation.com

Strengths: Stout against the run game, seems to play with some tenacity when rushers are going head first. Played in a 4-3 defensive end at SC State, but seems to have the body to play inside or outside linebacker. Flows to the ball instinctively, and plays with a low center of gravity. No one is going to run past him, and he’s not a pushover when being challenged in a hole. Fast hands when engaged in a block. His speed rush is a dream move. He can turn the corner on almost any offensive lineman, seen against Senior Bowl competition really taking advantage of a slower lineman. Really great at big hits, as he’s always looking for contact

The guy can play. He may not be an ideal run stopper but he is wild and scared of nothing. Reminds me of a telvin smith Alex ogleteee. I don’t give a rats ass if they aren’t huge backers gimme someone like that with brown and burfict and our defense is lights out. U guys are outa ur mind. Leonard is a playmaker which this team needs more of. We need speeeeeeed.
Reply/Quote
(03-20-2018, 02:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: While I think there's definite potential with Leonard and he's very good in coverage, there are some question marks that I think could turn away the Bengals.

1) I've read multiple reports that suggest Leonard's frame is maxed out and he might not be able to play any spot in a 4-3 besides WILL.
2) He doesn't seem to be a LB that tries to attack downhill and take on blocks but rather use his speed and athleticism to work around them. This also seems more fitting for a WILL.
3) The Bengals seems to have plenty of LBs that are more ideal fits at WILL vs SAM or MIKE. Because of this, they could be looking more for a bigger LB that can stuff the run from either the MIKE or SAM spot.
4) Leonard played at SC State in the MEAC, not a more well-known school or better conference. The coaches might not be looking hard at prospects not from the bigger name schools.

All could be true but the bengals and their staff are otrocious at scouting linebackers so maybe they should try something new. Leonard in a passing league with stout backers like burfict and brown in the mix is a perfect compliment ad can stay on the field so u can remain big and cover as well.
Reply/Quote