Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mockity Mock Mock
This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes.  With needs at DE, LB, CB, WR to name a few.  Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron.  There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ stays in the state of Ohio and goes to a coach that understands his capabilities and that he has worked with.  AJ ends up a Brown. 
Bengals/Browns Trade
Bengals trade- AJ McCarron and a 5 round pick
Bengals receive- 2 round pick, 4 round pick, and Cody Kessler

Browns trade- 2 round pick, 4 round pick, and Cody Kessler
Browns get- AJ McCarron and a 5 round pick

Round 1- Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
[Image: Cunningham020315.jpg]
                Cunningham is everything that the Bengals need at LB.  He is versatile, quick, instinctual, and strong.  He has the ability to play any LB position, and has the quality to start immediately.

Round 2- Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
[Image: corey-davis-nfl-draft-2017-western-michi...k=OtWKHh-m]
                Davis is the perfect complement to AJ Green.  He is an ideal WR in a West Coast style offense.  He possesses great hands, quick feet, and exceptional route running.  This allows Boyd to play in the slot where he belongs.

Round 2- Pat Elfein, C/G, Ohio State
[Image: sports_football_redshirts_WEB.jpg]
                Having 2 picks here really helps our depth chart.  Bodine isn’t cutting it.  Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch.

Round 3- Budda Baker, S, Washington
[Image: AP_167399123093]
                Baker is a playmaker.  He flies to the ball and uses his instincts and speed to impact the game.  Baker gives us needed depth and quality at S.

Round 4- Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
[Image: 64956488.jpg]
                Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent.  He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.

Round 4- Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
[Image: kick.jpg]
                Self-explanatory

Round 6- Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
[Image: 0ap3000000400060.jpg]
                Needed depth at CB.  With Jones aging, Dre a potential FA and a lack of depth, this pick is needed. Facyson at one point was seen as an early day 2 talent, but with a mediocre year his draft stock fell.

Round 7- Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chattanooga
[Image: 1120_WEB_d_UTC_Davis_t800_he2f37b3ffa8a3...4d17df.JPG]
                Davis is a bit of an unknown to most of the world.  However, he has been one of the most consistent pass rushers in college football the last 2 seasons.  This year he totaled 10.5 sacks with 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes batted and three forced fumbles.  As a junior, 13.5 sacks, 39 tackles, 17 for a loss, six passes broken up, and a forced fumble… and a measly 4 forced fumbles his sophomore year.

C12Schleyer

[Image: 175fb1ebe161ecda7fb32824e3682755.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 03:12 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: This year we were able to see that this team has a number of holes.  With needs at DE, LB, CB, WR to name a few.  Because of these needs, I think we see the front office trade away one of the Bengals “luxury” assets… AJ McCarron.  There are a number of teams that need a QB, however I think that AJ stays in the state of Ohio and goes to a coach that understands his capabilities and that he has worked with.  AJ ends up a Brown. 
Bengals/Browns Trade
Bengals trade- AJ McCarron and a 5 round pick
Bengals receive- 2 round pick, 4 round pick, and Cody Kessler

Browns trade- 2 round pick, 4 round pick, and Cody Kessler
Browns get- AJ McCarron and a 5 round pick

Round 1- Zach Cunningham, ILB, Vanderbilt
[Image: Cunningham020315.jpg]
                Cunningham is everything that the Bengals need at LB.  He is versatile, quick, instinctual, and strong.  He has the ability to play any LB position, and has the quality to start immediately.

Round 2- Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan
[Image: corey-davis-nfl-draft-2017-western-michi...k=OtWKHh-m]
                Davis is the perfect complement to AJ Green.  He is an ideal WR in a West Coast style offense.  He possesses great hands, quick feet, and exceptional route running.  This allows Boyd to play in the slot where he belongs.

Round 2- Pat Elfein, C/G, Ohio State
[Image: sports_football_redshirts_WEB.jpg]
                Having 2 picks here really helps our depth chart.  Bodine isn’t cutting it.  Elflein gives us the type of quality center we need, with the versatility to play guard in a pinch.

Round 3- Budda Baker, S, Washington
[Image: AP_167399123093]
                Baker is a playmaker.  He flies to the ball and uses his instincts and speed to impact the game.  Baker gives us needed depth and quality at S.

Round 4- Taylor Moton, OT/G, Western Michigan
[Image: 64956488.jpg]
                Moton is a lesser known talent, but a talent.  He has the versatility to play G or T, and the strength/footwork to play well in both the run and pass games.

Round 4- Daniel Carlson, K, Auburn
[Image: kick.jpg]
                Self-explanatory

Round 6- Brandon Facyson, CB, Virginia Tech
[Image: 0ap3000000400060.jpg]
                Needed depth at CB.  With Jones aging, Dre a potential FA and a lack of depth, this pick is needed. Facyson at one point was seen as an early day 2 talent, but with a mediocre year his draft stock fell.

Round 7- Keionta Davis, DE, UT-Chattanooga
[Image: 1120_WEB_d_UTC_Davis_t800_he2f37b3ffa8a3...4d17df.JPG]
                Davis is a bit of an unknown to most of the world.  However, he has been one of the most consistent pass rushers in college football the last 2 seasons.  This year he totaled 10.5 sacks with 44 tackles, 11.5 tackles for a loss, seven passes batted and three forced fumbles.  As a junior, 13.5 sacks, 39 tackles, 17 for a loss, six passes broken up, and a forced fumble… and a measly 4 forced fumbles his sophomore year.
I personally like this draft a lot except for 2 things. I don't like Cunningham that early in round 1. I think Williams falls a bit in this draft due to playing against a great corner in Lattimore and doesn't have a good game. So I would take Williams in round 1. Then would LOVE McMillan if we could get him in round 2. With our second round 2 pick I would take his teammate elflien which I have. All the rest are solid.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:14 PM)Jpoore Wrote: I personally like this draft a lot except for 2 things. I don't like Cunningham that early in round 1. I think Williams falls a bit in this draft due to playing against a great corner in Lattimore and doesn't have a good game. So I would take Williams in round 1. Then would LOVE McMillan if we could get him in round 2. With our second round 2 pick I would take his teammate elflien which I have. All the rest are solid.

I had considered that option too, but I feel like anything he loses in the OSU game he gains back at the combine. I'm assuming he doesn't fall past the 7th pick

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 05:38 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: I had considered that option too, but I feel like anything he loses in the OSU game he gains back at the combine. I'm assuming he doesn't fall past the 7th pick

I could see him falling if he has a 4 for 45 game or something like that bc he hasnt really faced a good corner yet.and correct me if im wrong but hes not a burner so combine numbers might not be amazing. So with a lot of top 7 picks going defensive i could see him falling to right around us. And if that happens that would be great for our offense.
Reply/Quote
I really don't want a LB in the first round. Give me a pass rusher.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 07:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really don't want a LB in the first round. Give me a pass rusher.

If we don't talk a lb in round 1 we HAVE TO in round 2 which means no elflien at center. Our MLB is way to slow as well as dansby. We cannot cover tight ends to save our life. It's why we lost to Pittsburg and pats to name just 2.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 08:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If we don't talk a lb in round 1 we HAVE TO in round 2 which means no elflien at center. Our MLB is way to slow as well as dansby. We cannot cover tight ends to save our life. It's why we lost to Pittsburg and pats to name just 2.

This is exactly why I took Cunningham instead of McMillan.  McMillan is more of a traditional MLB.  Doesn't have the speed/coverage ability of Cunningham.

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 07:48 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: I really don't want a LB in the first round.  Give me a pass rusher.

I really want a pass rusher too, but the thing with this draft is that it has more quality pass rushers than it does multi-faceted LBers.  I would rather go with a dynamic LB in the 1st, and then take a quality rusher later (and maybe address the need in FA)

C12Schleyer

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 02:30 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: This is exactly why I took Cunningham instead of McMillan.  McMillan is more of a traditional MLB.  Doesn't have the speed/coverage ability of Cunningham.

I disagree. On one hand u have a 243 pound line backer who is elite at play recognition and covers tight ends and rbs bettter than anyone ive seen for quite some time. He also runs  4.6 40 in mcmillan. On the other hand u have a 230 pound linebacker who can get pushed back in run support runs a 4.75 40 but is also very good at covering tight ends and rbs in cunningham. I prefer mcmillan over cunningham.
Reply/Quote
I really like the first 4 picks.

Cunningham would be a great ILB and it seems that the Bengals are ready and willing to move on from Maualuga.
Davis is the best WR in this class. I'd take him over Williams.
Elfein at center is a dream come true.
I don't think Baker falls this far, but if he does you run to that podium the moment you're on the clock.
Check out my YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/AndWeGiveUp

[Image: Mx7IB2.png]
Reply/Quote
Figured id post this bc i really like this mock but was listening to sports talk forget what station and a nfl guru said browns execs had told him that they had had discusions to give their second first round pick and a 4th for mccarron if garrapalo is unavaliable provided they think they can get mccarron long term. Wonder how the mock would change. Maybe this is why theyre 0-14 bc theyre talking about the draft before season is over but something to think about.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 10:05 PM)Jpoore Wrote: Figured id post this bc i really like this mock but was listening to sports talk forget what station and a nfl guru said browns execs had told him that they had had discusions to give their second first round pick and a 4th for mccarron if garrapalo is unavaliable provided they think they can get mccarron long term. Wonder how the mock would change. Maybe this is why theyre 0-14 bc theyre talking about the draft before season is over but something to think about.

That would be a huge get, for sure.  Two picks in the first half of the draft really opens things up, and having 4 4th rounders(with projected comp picks) gives us lots of ammo to move up into the bottom of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd if we want.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 11:31 PM)Whatever Wrote: That would be a huge get, for sure.  Two picks in the first half of the draft really opens things up, and having 4 4th rounders(with projected comp picks) gives us lots of ammo to move up into the bottom of the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd if we want.

it for sure would but it's dreaming to think we would ever move up. But if we get the Browns pick at 10 I wouldn't mind trading our pick down 8-10 spots get an impact player at 10 then  get a lb like McMillan who we wouldn't pick up in the middle of the first be it was too high and that would probably make 5 4th rounders as well by trading down.4th round is our bread and butter aka geno and Billings.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 12:13 AM)Jpoore Wrote: it for sure would but it's dreaming to think we would ever move up. But if we get the Browns pick at 10 I wouldn't mind trading our pick down 8-10 spots get an impact player at 10 then  get a lb like McMillan who we wouldn't pick up in the middle of the first be it was too high and that would probably make 5 4th rounders as well by trading down.4th round is our bread and butter aka geno and Billings.

Depending on who's on the board, I'd be cool with trading down with one of the picks, especially the later one.  I would guess that the Bills at around #13-16 or the Texans, who will likely be #21-24 would be the most likely suspects, and would probably be going for a QB.  If it's the Texans, we would have a good chance of securing their 1st rounder next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 02:30 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: This is exactly why I took Cunningham instead of McMillan.  McMillan is more of a traditional MLB.  Doesn't have the speed/coverage ability of Cunningham.

He's not worth a top 10 pick. The only guy worth that is Foster.
Reply/Quote
(12-23-2016, 02:24 PM)Whatever Wrote: Depending on who's on the board, I'd be cool with trading down with one of the picks, especially the later one.  I would guess that the Bills at around #13-16 or the Texans, who will likely be #21-24 would be the most likely suspects, and would probably be going for a QB.  If it's the Texans, we would have a good chance of securing their 1st rounder next year.

Yeah i would be fine with going down to 24. In that case we could also go elflien(if we take a lb with our first pick) or corner.have 2 first rounders next year as well? Yes please. If i wanted to go all osu i would be fine with marshawn lattimore at 10 if hes still there and mcmillan/elflien/ at 24. Could also go davis. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2016, 02:33 PM)c12schleyer Wrote: I really want a pass rusher too, but the thing with this draft is that it has more quality pass rushers than it does multi-faceted LBers.  I would rather go with a dynamic LB in the 1st, and then take a quality rusher later (and maybe address the need in FA)

Great point. I want a pass rusher in the first more than a LB myself but like you say much more quality depth at DE in this draft.

Love your Mock. Only thing i think it needs is a TE but if Kroft and Uzi get better we might be alright. Eifert's injury history just isn't good.

Plus you can get a damn fine TE in the mid to late rounds in this draft. Very deep at TE.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 08:24 PM)Jpoore Wrote: If we don't talk a lb in round 1 we HAVE TO in round 2 which means no elflien at center. Our MLB is way to slow as well as dansby. We cannot cover tight ends to save our life. It's why we lost to Pittsburg and pats to name just 2.

I'd say it's a virtual certainty we won't even be looking for Bodine's replacement.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:32 PM)McC Wrote: I'd say it's a virtual certainty we won't even be looking for Bodine's replacement.

I actually think it's a real possibility. I was a bodine supporter until I saw him give up a sck from a backpedaling defender against the Browns.
Reply/Quote
(12-30-2016, 02:32 PM)McC Wrote: I'd say it's a virtual certainty we won't even be looking for Bodine's replacement.

Gosh dang it McC, this is depressing shit. Whatever
Reply/Quote