Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mohammed Ali dead at 74
Kind of surprised nobody posted about him, but he'll be missed. He really was a transformative figure way beyond that of most people much less athletes.
As a boy I disliked him, but after learning about the type of man he was I became quite an admirerer of the ways he conducted himself and the fact that he never sold out on his beliefs.
To some he was just another boxer and Muslim, but he never pushed his belief on anyone else. He definitely changed the way many people thought about things from race to politics to the ways to live life in general.
We will never see another like Mohammed Ali.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-04-2016, 03:17 PM)grampahol Wrote: Kind of surprised nobody posted about him, but he'll be missed. He really was a transformative figure way beyond that of most people much less athletes.
As a boy I disliked him, but after learning about the type of man he was I became quite an admirerer of the ways he conducted himself and the fact that he never sold out on his beliefs.
To some he was just another boxer and Muslim, but he never pushed his belief on anyone else. He definitely changed the way many people thought about things from race to politics to the ways to live life in general.
We will never see another like Mohammed Ali.

Check out Klotsch
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Don't really go in klotsch much..oh well
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote