Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mohammod Youssuf Abdulazeez - The Shooter
Born in Kuwait.

Can't say it's shocking to see an Arab name.

I'm sure several were hoping for a Joe Smith rocking the battle flag.

Hope the families are ok coming to grips with the news.

Sad day in the Fred State.
It's strange that you are not shocked to see it be an Arab name. These crimes are far more typically committed by white men.....or Joe Smith, if you will. Unfortunate situation regardless of what ethnicity, religion, etc. the guy was.

It's sad that when people are murdered, we use it as a political soapbox (not pointing fingers, I'm guilty of it too). 4 innocent lives were ended too soon, and families will never be the same. That should be what will be talked about here, but guaranteed, it will not be.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: y.jpg?quality=65&strip=all&w=780]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
What happened now?
(07-16-2015, 08:12 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Born in Kuwait.  

Can't say it's shocking to see an Arab name.

I'm sure several were hoping for a Joe Smith rocking the battle flag.  

Hope the families are ok coming to grips with the news.  

Sad day in the Fred State.

Is Kuwait a US ally?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(07-16-2015, 10:00 PM)Belsnickel Wrote: What happened now?

Muslim sounding dude walks into a Marine recruiting station in Chatanooga, murders 2 people, goes on a high speed chase to another recruiting station, murders 2 more Marines, and then is killed in a shootout with police.  ISIS claims responsibility.

I might have a detail or two wrong, but this is basically what happened.
LFG  

Quote:CHATTANOOGA — A heavily armed attacker sprayed two military sites with gunfire Thursday, killing four U.S. Marines and wounding three other people. The attacker was also killed.

The FBI identified the gunman as Mohammod Youssef Abdulazeez, 24. WRCB-TV reported that he was a naturalized U.S. citizen from Kuwait.
U.S. Attorney Bill Killian said the attack was being investigated as possible "domestic terrorism." The FBI cautioned that it was "premature to speculate on the motives of the shooter at this time."

U.S. Attorney General Loretta Lynch said the FBI will lead a national security investigation into the shooting.

"I have directed the FBI to take the lead in the national security investigation of this heinous attack on members of our military. The U.S. Attorney’s office and department prosecutors are also actively involved," she said in a statement released Thursday.

Hours after the first attack, at an all-branches recruiting center, law officers with guns drawn swarmed a house they suspected was Abdulazeez's in Hixson, Tenn. Authorities took away two women in handcuffs.

Two federal law enforcement officials said Thursday that it appeared the shooter acted alone, but investigators were still looking for any possible associates who may have helped inspire the incident or acquire the weapon. There is no immediate evidence that the shooter knew any of the victims personally, the officials said. The officials were not authorized to comment publicly..

The Marine Corps said the four Marines died at a Navy-Marine training site about 7 miles from the all-branches recruiting center. A fifth Marine was wounded in the leg but not seriously hurt at the training center. A Chattanooga police officer was wounded in the ankle, Mayor Andy Berke said.
"This is a nightmare for the city of the Chattanooga," he said.

President Obama called the attack "heartbreaking."

The gunman, who  drove a silver Mustang convertible, first fired at an Armed Forces Career Center at a strip mall, then sped off in the sports car. Police found numerous shell casings in the parking lot.

The shooter drove to the U.S. Naval Reserve Center on Amnicola Highway, where he fired into the offices. The Navy said its Operational Support Center, where the fatal shootings occurred, provides training and readiness support for reserves. Authorities didn't disclose whether the gunman was killed by officers or shot himself

"Today, the Navy and Marine Corps team collectively mourn the loss of four heroes," Secretary of the Navy Ray Mabus said. "The tragedy in Chattanooga is both devastating and senseless."

The incident began around 10:45 a.m. and was over within 30 minutes.
[Image: 635726631016275883-Abdulazeez.jpg]
Police guard a street in a Hixson, Tenn., where Mohammod Youssef Abdulazeez, the alleged gunman in a Chattanooga shooting, may have lived. (Photo: Matt Slovin, The Tennessean)

Residents of Colonial Shores, a quiet, shaded neighborhood in Hixson, Tenn., where the gunman's family lived,  were prevented from returning to their homes Thursday afternoon by an armed guard. The neighborhood is about 7 miles from the Naval Reserve Center.
[/url][Image: mk-fb-og-img.jpg]
USATODAY.COM
BEHIND THE BLOODSHED: THE UNTOLD STORY OF AMERICA'S MASS KILLINGS

[url=http://www.gannett-cdn.com/GDContent/mass-killings/index.html]

Neighbor Dean McDaniel said Abdulazeez's family had lived in the neighborhood at least 15 years. McDaniel said he was friendly with Abdulazeez's parents and had hired his sister to as a babysitter. The gunman graduated of University of Tennessee - Chattanooga with a degree in electrical engineering, school officials said.

"I didn't find anything wrong with the kid," McDaniel said. "He just intermingled with the kids in the neighborhood."

Pretty simple to sort out. Arab guy goes on a shooting spree. Targeting a reserve base. Yet another place those guys can't carry a weapon.
(07-16-2015, 11:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Pretty simple to sort out.   Arab guy goes on a shooting spree.   Targeting a reserve base.   Yet another place those guys can't carry a weapon.

Except he was an American citizen who was raised here and graduated from college here.

But he did have a funny beard so it must have been a Muslim plot.   Ninja
(07-16-2015, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Except he was an American citizen who was raised here and graduated from college here.

Yeah our immigration system lets them in all the time. Exactly why all visa's from the Middle East should be haulted.

We need more from places like india, Eurasia, and parts of Europe. Use our student visa's here.
(07-16-2015, 09:04 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: It's strange that you are not shocked to see it be an Arab name.  These crimes are far more typically committed by white men.....or Joe Smith, if you will.  Unfortunate situation regardless of what ethnicity, religion, etc. the guy was.

It's sad that when people are murdered, we use it as a political soapbox (not pointing fingers, I'm guilty of it too).  4 innocent lives were ended too soon, and families will never be the same.  That should be what will be talked about here, but guaranteed, it will not be.

Based on several years of recent news Arabs are the ones gunning people down more often than not.

I agree with your soapbox comment. But I'm not using mine here ... It's pretty common occurrence for them to be shooting. But plenty got jnto the act of banning the battle flag over 1 occurrence.

Wonder what those same people will wanna ban in response to this "work place violence"

Those are the people I wanna see comment on this....
(07-16-2015, 11:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Based on several years of recent news Arabs are the ones gunning people down more often than not.    

I agree with your soapbox comment.  But I'm not using mine here ...  It's pretty common occurrence for them to be shooting.   But plenty got jnto the act of banning the battle flag over 1 occurrence.  

Wonder what those same people will wanna ban in response to this "work place violence"

I definitely backed the idea of removing the rebel flag from government buildings.  I really don't see why anyone would feel differently.  But....I think it's massively ridiculous to do things such as taking The Dukes Of Hazard reruns off of TV.  Again...I don't see how anyone would feel differently.

The flag is a red herring though,...definitely not the ultimate issue with the charleston church killings.  Since it became a media sensation though, I'm completely cool with its removal.  It's like a decent side effect of a horrible situation.  We should really be focused on mental health programs and gun violence, but whatevs, it was all because of the rebel flag, I guess.

I'm sure there will be some random bullshit issue that spawns from this, and I'm sure I'll form an opinion on it.

As it stands, it's just another insane terrorist, just like Dylann Roof, but with a different group of people that he hated for no reason.  We should treat it as such.  
LFG  

(07-17-2015, 12:16 AM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I definitely backed the idea of removing the rebel flag from government buildings.  I really don't see why anyone would feel differently.  But....I think it's massively ridiculous to do things such as taking The Dukes Of Hazard reruns off of TV.  Again...I don't see how anyone would feel differently.

The flag is a red herring though,...definitely not the ultimate issue with the charleston church killings.  Since it became a media sensation though, I'm completely cool with its removal.  It's like a decent side effect of a horrible situation.  We should really be focused on mental health programs and gun violence, but whatevs, it was all because of the rebel flag, I guess.

I'm sure there will be some random bullshit issue that spawns from this, and I'm sure I'll form an opinion on it.

As it stands, it's just another insane terrorist, just like Dylann Roof, but with a different group of people that he hated for no reason.  We should treat it as such.  

Fair enough. I can roll with that...
(07-16-2015, 11:54 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Based on several years of recent news Arabs are the ones gunning people down more often than not.    

I agree with your soapbox comment.  But I'm not using mine here ...  It's pretty common occurrence for them to be shooting.   But plenty got jnto the act of banning the battle flag over 1 occurrence.  

Wait...Who here called for a ban on the Battle Flag?

With that said, it certainly wasn't "one incident".  It's been a little over 100 years of incidents. 
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

(07-16-2015, 11:41 PM)GMDino Wrote: Except he was an American citizen who was raised here and graduated from college here.

Come on.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-17-2015, 10:04 AM)michaelsean Wrote: Come on.

The first part is all true.

If he had some kind of change of heart as an adult I can't say yet.

But you know "some" people were relieved he "looked" middle-eastern...then they can forget he was raised here, was a legal citizen and seemed like a nice normal kid until now.
(07-17-2015, 10:23 AM)GMDino Wrote: The first part is all true.

If he had some kind of change of heart as an adult I can't say yet.

But you know "some" people were relieved he "looked" middle-eastern...then they can forget he was raised here, was a legal citizen and seemed like a nice normal kid until now.

I believe it's true, but we know what it was.  
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(07-16-2015, 11:50 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Yeah our immigration system lets them in all the time.   Exactly why all visa's from the Middle East should be haulted.  

We need more from places like india, Eurasia, and parts of Europe.  Use our student visa's here.

You don't even attempt to veil your racism anymore, do you?

What about Christians from the Middle East or Israelis. Are they cool?
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-17-2015, 10:28 AM)michaelsean Wrote: I believe it's true, but we know what it was.  

Isolated incident?

Crazy gun with a gun?
(07-17-2015, 10:49 AM)GMDino Wrote: Isolated incident?

Crazy gun with a gun?

It could be isolated.