Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Momentum builds for cancellation of Bills-Bengals game
The problem is that this could open the option of teams refusing to play if their player goes down while they are trailing in the game. The Dolphins were down 6-7 to the Bengals with the ball and 5 min left in the 1st half, when Tua was badly concussed. If McDaniel has refused to play on, and the league declared a no contest, the Dolphins would be a leg up on their competition right now. McDermott was universally praised, but the real heroes were the medical staff, and sooner or later teams will use this as a tactic when they lose a key player in a tight game. Can I say with certaintly this didn't enter McDermott's calculus? Not 100%
Reply/Quote
Yeah, I see no reason to turn nasty on the Bills. They are doing what they can to make the best out of the situation just like we are. If you want to be mad at someone, Roger Goodell is the appropriate target.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:13 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Yeah, I see no reason to turn nasty on the Bills. They are doing what they can to make the best out of the situation just like we are. If you want to be mad at someone, Roger Goodell is the appropriate target.

Agreed.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 07:32 PM)jj22 Wrote: They saw what we saw from those opening drives... Would you want to resume? They hoping for KC in the AFC conference championship now... They ain't slick. They want no part of Burrow, and I don't blame them.

Nobody wants any of the Bengals we are about to roll over every team in these playoffs.
Reply/Quote
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-bills-reportedly-declared-no-contest-which-means-cincinnati-wins-afc-north/ar-AA1614n0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4197dca905de4d9697c90f861c25ad43
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:05 PM)Nepa Wrote: The absolute class of the Bengals organizations players, coaches, and fans shown brightly under the trying circumstances. Honestly, being used to East Coast fans, I was just hoping the fans wouldn't boo when the teams walked off the field. I actually expected it, being used to tough crowds in New York and Philly. I guess I underestimated the goodness of the Bengals fans. I was moved to see them showing respect, and caring, and cheering the Buffalo players. 

Buffalo may get the sympathy vote. Lord knows that franchise and city has been through very tough times. But I think the NFL world gained greater respect for the Bengals fans and team and organization. They were first class. 

If people want to root for Buffalo because of this MNF game, then so be it. But I am proud to be a Bengals fan. And I've seen many wonderful stories in the national news about how wonderful the coach, the coach's wife, and Burrow, and other Bengals have been, and the city as well. If Cincinnati keeps the high road, and ever indication is it will because the city and team are first class, then they will also gain admiration.

No one should ever take anything away from the magnanimous nature of the Bengal's players and Personnel. But to call the game a draw is "less fair" to the Bengals than the Bills.

We were winning, we were at home, we had the crowd, and we had the fire. Unfortunately the Bills player got hurt 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If this is true it's really not that bad.

We lose the ability to secure a #1 seed but let's be honest, that was extremely unlikely anyways.

What we gain is a guarantee we cannot end up as a 5 seed. Again unlikely but was still a possibility.

Given everything just take it.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-bills-reportedly-declared-no-contest-which-means-cincinnati-wins-afc-north/ar-AA1614n0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4197dca905de4d9697c90f861c25ad43

I can't post how I feel about this.  It will be nothing but F bombs.
Reply/Quote
At least my AFC North Champs shirt from last year is still in style.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
There is no solution at this point that will please everyone. I would go so far as to say there isn’t a (reasonable) solution that will completely please anyone, or a very few.
I don’t want a forfeit from Buffalo. Who’s to say our players, especially Tee and those close to Hamlin, were in any better shape to continue?
No ones faking a heart attack to jockey for playoff contention. Cmon man…
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:20 PM)BengalsBong Wrote: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/bengals-bills-reportedly-declared-no-contest-which-means-cincinnati-wins-afc-north/ar-AA1614n0?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=4197dca905de4d9697c90f861c25ad43

still waiting from the NFL, I still think there will be a wrinkle with the no contest
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I can't post how I feel about this.  It will be nothing but F bombs.

KC isn't losing to the raiders anyways so its not that big of a deal.

At least there's no way to end up as a 5th seed now us there is talk of doing a neutral site for AFC championship if either bills or Bengals make it that far so this is actually the best possible outcome.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:43 PM)motoarch Wrote: KC isn't losing to the raiders anyways so its not that big of a deal.

At least there's no way to end up as a 5th seed now us there is talk of doing a neutral site for AFC championship if either bills or Bengals make it that far so this is actually the best possible outcome.

The Raider just took the 49ers to OT.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: If this is true it's really not that bad.

We lose the ability to secure a #1 seed but let's be honest, that was extremely unlikely anyways.

What we gain is a guarantee we cannot end up as a 5 seed.  Again unlikely but was still a possibility.

agree and lets go after the #2 seed.. Billy B seems to come up big when he needs it, hell they had us dead to rights until the fumble.. could see NE upset the Bills 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The Raider just took the 49ers to OT.

well the Bills might be losing to NE, NE had us on the doorstep of beating us... I actually see that happening over the choke Raiders beating a hot Mahomes
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:35 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: I can't post how I feel about this.  It will be nothing but F bombs.

You can think it, and hint at it, but you're right not to say it.  We may be personally anonymous here, but the Bengals fanbase has a good reputation to uphold.  Here's hoping we get to see the Bills at Paycor to advance.  Even to beat them at their house would be satisfying.  I also live in the Southern Tier near where Dan Hoard is from.  It would be great.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:44 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: agree and lets go after the #2 seed.. Billy B seems to come up big when he needs it, hell they had us dead to rights until the fumble..  could see NE upset the Bills 

Can't "go after" #2.  The NFL just supposedly took that out of our hands.  Complete BS, but i'll wait for the official word before I rage too much.  lol
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:44 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: The Raider just took the 49ers to OT.

And the ravens already beat us once.

We can reply/finish that game and still end up a fifth seed or be guaranteed a minimum third seed with a neutral AFC championship site.

I'll take the latter.

You're upset over a better situation 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:48 PM)Mickeypoo Wrote: Can't "go after" #2.  The NFL just supposedly took that out of our hands.  Complete BS, but i'' wait for the official word before I rage too much.  lol

if we win this weekend and buffalo losses it comes down to a tiebreaker and I believe we have the tiebreaker
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2023, 09:26 PM)motoarch Wrote: If this is true it's really not that bad.

What we gain is a guarantee we cannot end up as a 5 seed. Again unlikely but was still a possibility.

I think we had a better chance at the 1 seed than we did the 5 seed. The Bengals are the best team in the league, the Ravens are ass, and the Chiefs have barely beaten the Texans and the Broncos twice in the last 4 weeks.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote