Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday Night Football Thread (10/16/23) - Cowboys @ Chargers
I always love watching games and discussing them with others even if it’s not the Bengals. Pretty good matchup tonight between the Cowboys and Chargers, but you just assume that the Chargers will play just well enough to blow it in the end.
"I'm not going to accept losing"

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
And outside of the first couple drives this has been an ugly game all around in terms of offensive efficiency.

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Herbert is one of those guys that puts out great statistics but is absolutely average when it comes to actually winning games.

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote

via GIPHY

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
Okay so I am sensing not a lot of interest. Maybe will give it a shot for Thursday Night Football and see if there might be more interest!

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
For Essex.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
The Cowboys have a better record than the Bengals. Steven A might say something about it.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:08 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Herbert is one of those guys that puts out great statistics but is absolutely average when it comes to actually winning games.

I've noticed this too. For every great play he has, he seems to completely whiff on another. He had two passes to Allen where he was wide open due to a double move and Herbert just...missed him both times. They looked like college football misses. The kind of misses that you would normally ask, "Is this QB NFL quality?"
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 09:52 AM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I've noticed this too. For every great play he has, he seems to completely whiff on another. He had two passes to Allen where he was wide open due to a double move and Herbert just...missed him both times. They looked like college football misses. The kind of misses that you would normally ask, "Is this QB NFL quality?"

I have to agree after watching him last night. He wows me with some of his throws and say to myself JB couldnt make that throw but more often then not it seems like he sh#ts the bed in crunch time. He has a great roster around him too . 
Reply/Quote
Bad night for the Herbert lovers around here...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-17-2023, 10:24 AM)kalibengal Wrote: I have to agree after watching him last night. He wows me with some of his throws and say to myself JB couldnt make that throw but more often then not it seems like he sh#ts the bed in crunch time. He has a great roster around him too . 

Yea. There was one drive, I think the score was 7-7, late 1st half. The Cowboys had just turned the ball over on downs. Herbert started the drive with a huge throw to Palmer for like 25 yards. It made me think "Man, I wish Burrow would make that throw." Then he had another one to Palmer a few plays later where he just laced the ball into a tight window. again, a little bit of envy. 

In like 30 seconds, they had moved from the shadow of their own end zone to Cowboys territory. It looked like they were going to take the lead and may even score a touchdown.

And then one of the aforementioned major misses to Allen, a holding call, and a few other bad throws, and before you know it, they're punting.

Dallas then promptly took the ball down the field to kick a field goal (assisted by an unnecessary roughness call on the Chargers) as time expired.

I don't even watch Chargers football and it made me say "That drive was so Chargers."
Reply/Quote
(10-16-2023, 11:22 PM)chrisball96 Wrote: Okay so I am sensing not a lot of interest. Maybe will give it a shot for Thursday Night Football and see if there might be more interest!

You should have done a thread.  Turned out to be a good game.  

Damn, now I'm talking to myself  Sad
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 12:15 AM)Awful Llama Wrote: You should have done a thread.  Turned out to be a good game.  

Damn, now I'm talking to myself  Sad

I know I am kicking myself but I had to work late so didn’t get a chance to watch.

But don’t worry friend, on this board you’re never alone!!

-- Joe Burrow
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2023, 12:20 AM)chrisball96 Wrote: I know I am kicking myself but I had to work late so didn’t get a chance to watch.

But don’t worry friend, on this board you’re never alone!!

Well, Monday night brings another opportunity, and since it's the Niners there will no doubt be some interest from this group.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote