Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monday's Referee
Because this can and does make a difference in a close game.

The Shaun Smith crew will be officiating the game. This crew has not worked a Bengals game since 2020. His crew is in the middle of the pack in both the number of flags thrown and yardage. They tend to call more penalties, by more than 1 per game, against the visiting team than the home team. They do call an awful lot of false starts so Jonah and his quick jump could become an issue. Their second most penalty called is offensive holding against the visiting team so Trey Hendrickson might finally catch a break when he is held

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Good info Pally. Curious where those stats came from?

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 07:47 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Good info Pally. Curious where those stats came from?

https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/shawn-smith?view=penalty&year=2022

Reply/Quote
I’m very surprised Jonah Williams hasn’t been called on that a lot more. I’m sure the other teams have alerted the refs.
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 08:14 PM)pally Wrote: https://www.nflpenalties.com/referee/shawn-smith?view=penalty&year=2022

The small font makes it funny like you've got something to hide. Smirk
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-28-2022, 07:42 PM)pally Wrote: Because this can and does make a difference in a close game.

The Shaun Smith crew will be officiating the game.  This crew has not worked a Bengals game since 2020.  His crew is in the middle of the pack in both the number of flags thrown and yardage.  They tend to call more penalties, by more than 1 per game, against the visiting team than the home team.  They do call an awful lot of false starts so Jonah and his quick jump could become an issue.  Their second most penalty called is offensive holding against the visiting team so Trey Hendrickson might finally catch a break when he is held

Good intel.  Hope the home field has Buffalo missing snaps and getting flagged more than Cincy.  
Reply/Quote
I was scared it was going to be Boger

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:39 AM)pally Wrote: I was scared it was going to be Boger

Oh Lord, don't even mention him!  Hilarious

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 11:39 AM)pally Wrote: I was scared it was going to be Boger

That was my fear when I saw the thread title. There usually isn't an entire thread dedicated to the upcoming ref, so I was certain it was news of impending doom. Glad that was not the case.
Reply/Quote
I'll never understand the hate against Boger. He allowed the "early whistle" TD against the Raiders in the playoffs to stand, when by rule it should have been a dead ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-29-2022, 06:58 PM)Tomkat Wrote: I'll never understand the hate against Boger.  He allowed the "early whistle" TD against the Raiders in the playoffs to stand, when by rule it should have been a dead ball.

Me too.   every crew has its share of controversial events.   I haven't identified a single crew that is significantly far off the mean.    Not like the days of Mike Cary and Walt Michaels whose decisions left you with absurd number of  "wtf" moments.
Reply/Quote