Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Money!
(02-22-2024, 11:30 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Context of the kick cannot be overstated as well. 

How many times has he missed a field goal that really, really mattered? I literally can't remember a time he didn't make a clutch one. 

Green Bay, 2021. 

Pittsburgh: 2022

I can think of a few other games where he's missed some too, but can't really pinpoint.  It hasn't been all smiles for Money Mac.
Reply/Quote
(02-21-2024, 10:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: Isn’t he eligible for an extension. I think this is one that will get done.

Highest paid Kicker or not even close?

You probably pay him like a top 5 (even though I can see the arguments that he's not) just because he's better than what we've had in the past ,and we used a 5th round pick on him.

He's not regarded as the best in the league for a reason, but you can do much worse.
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 12:22 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Green Bay, 2021. 

I can think of a few other games where he's missed some too, but can't really pinpoint.  It hasn't been all smiles for Money Mac.

That was the crazy wind game. Crosby missed multiple kicks in that one, too.

There was also the opener against Pittsburgh last season, but that was the one where Harris went out and the operation got all thrown off.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 12:27 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That was the crazy wind game. Crosby missed multiple kicks in that one, too.

There was also the opener against Pittsburgh last season, but that was the one where Harris went out and the operation got all thrown off.

Yeah, i circled back and added Pittsburgh after some thought.  I don't think it's that big of an ask to adjust your kick to the circumstances on what's a go-ahead field goal. 

His rookie year was clutch asf, but I think a lot of people let it outshine the duds he's kicked in the last few years. They're few and far in-between, but they definitely exist. 
Reply/Quote
No way you let Shooter leave.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/eagles-sign-jake-elliott-to-four-year-extension

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(02-23-2024, 12:22 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: Green Bay, 2021. 

Pittsburgh: 2022

I was at the Green Bay game with my nephew, who is a Packers fan.

Went crazy taking pictures when Money whiffed on the game winning kicks.

He's not worth 6M a year, but also shouldn't be cut loose. He is not the perfect kicker, and the moniker of "money" is a tad misleading...
Reply/Quote