Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Montana floods
It's an area I spent quite a bit of time years back. When it floods it comes really fast being a lot of the runoff comes down the mountains.  I lived just the other side of the mess just to the west of the continental divide in Darby..Minor floods on the west side of the divide, but no significant damage to homes.. 
My brother was north of it in Great Falls at Malmstron AFB.. 
BEAUTIFUL area,  but tough luck for the folks around Red Lodge and down around Yellowstone.. It'll take years to fix everything.. A lot of the area was hit by major fires a few years back. The area I lived looks more like a moonscape these days than it did when I lived there in Ravalli County..just bare mountains left in a lot of areas, but it's growing back bit by bit.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: It's an area I spent quite a bit of time years back. When it floods it comes really fast being a lot of the runoff comes down the mountains.  I lived just the other side of the mess just to the west of the continental divide in Darby..Minor floods on the west side of the divide, but no significant damage to homes.. 
BEAUTIFUL area,  but tough luck for the folks around Red Lodge and down around Yellowstone.. It'll take years to fix everything.. A lot of the area was hit by major fires a few years back. The area I lived looks more like a moonscape these days than it did when I lived there in Ravalli County..just bare mountains left in a lot of areas, but it's growing back bit by bit.. 

i saw the video of the yellowstone park roads being completely gone in some places and the entire park is closed now.

And one of a house falling into the river.

Nature is a powerful beast.
Reply/Quote
Crazy thing is that by the 2024 election the water shortage in the western United States will be one of the biggest issues.

Can't believe more people are not talking about it already.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Crazy thing is that by the 2024 election the water shortage in the western United States will be one of the biggest issues.

No one is talking about the Solar Minimum either. It started in 2019 and will last until 2030ish. Climate change, rise in thunderstorms, and less global crops.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 03:17 PM)Synric Wrote: No one is talking about the Solar Minimum either. It started in 2019 and will last until 2030ish. Climate change, rise in thunderstorms, and less global crops.

The "solar minimum" i have heard of is nothing like that.  The entire solar cycle last about 11 years and the "solar minimum" is just the extreme on one end that lasts about a year.

Also though it had to do with radiation instead of effecting the weather.

But I am no expert on this subject at all.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 05:52 PM)fredtoast Wrote: The "solar minimum" i have heard of is nothing like that.  The entire solar cycle last about 11 years and the "solar minimum" is just the extreme on one end that lasts about a year.

Also though it had to do with radiation instead of effecting the weather.

But I am no expert on this subject at all.

To be honest I never even heard of it.  So I'm glad it was brought up.  I learned some new things today.  Looking some stuff about it here is what NASA has to say about it:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/solar-events-news/Does-the-Solar-Cycle-Affect-Earths-Climate.html

I found this interesting:

Quote:Do scientists think that changes in solar irradiance due to the 11-year solar cycle could be strong enough to cause the current change being measured in Earth's climate?

In a word, no. Scientists agree that the solar cycle and its associated short-term changes in irradiance cannot be the main force driving the changes in Earth's climate we are currently seeing. For one thing, the Sun's energy output only changes by up to 0.15% over the course of the cycle, less than what would be needed to force the change in climate that we see. Also, scientists have not been able to find convincing evidence that the 11-yr cycle is mirrored in any aspects of the climate beyond the stratosphere – such as surface temperature, rainfall or wind patterns.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:02 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Crazy thing is that by the 2024 election the water shortage in the western United States will be one of the biggest issues.

because most people are worrying about paying their bills and putting food on the table today. not something that might happen tm.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 07:58 PM)Tiger Blood Wrote: because most people are worrying about paying their bills and putting food on the table today. not something that might happen tm.

People have been worrying about paying their bills and putting food on their table for hundreds of years.  Never stopped them from being concerned about the future before.
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 06:03 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: To be honest I never even heard of it.  So I'm glad it was brought up.  I learned some new things today.  Looking some stuff about it here is what NASA has to say about it:

https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/sunearth/solar-events-news/Does-the-Solar-Cycle-Affect-Earths-Climate.html

I found this interesting:

There are hundreds of differing opinions on the subject. NASA is pretty much stating because of global warming thr grand solar minimum we are going through will have no effect but you also see people moving out of colder climate areas because the drop in temp and food shortages. Really no one knows the effect a grand solar minimum will pose since there hasn't been one since the darkages. (We are in a grand solar minimum not just the solar minimum of every 11 decades.)

I love my nerdy science magazines lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2022, 02:32 AM)grampahol Wrote: It's an area I spent quite a bit of time years back. When it floods it comes really fast being a lot of the runoff comes down the mountains.  I lived just the other side of the mess just to the west of the continental divide in Darby..Minor floods on the west side of the divide, but no significant damage to homes.. 

My Dad was born in Great Falls and we live about 70 or so miles south of the floods. Crazy. Wild that I have never been to 
Yellowstone Park and went through it and I live so close. I have worked as a plumber up Pacific Creek which is in the Park 
but is a private community full of rich folk. Grizzlies all over the place. Had to really look out when you went outside to shut 
off hose bibs and such cause you could just run right into a Grizzly right around the corner at anytime.

The people we worked for saw 3 Grizzlies the day before we went and turned their water on. Wild place even though it is so
close to where I live the trees are just different. All gnarly and shit. Just a neat area, too bad a lot of it is getting destroyed 
by the floods, they had tons of snow up there from what people were telling me all the while we had a mild winter and we 
aren't far away.
Reply/Quote
Did you guys know the word NASA is latin for "to decieve"?

Also the water shortage is planned, the government just runs our water right into the ocean. It is always a drought no matter
how much snow or rain we get now a days. The water shortage is a plan to control everyone's use of water, the essence of life.

Look at California and how you cannot even have a green yard anymore cause of this so called water shortage. You cannot run
too much water in your shower or toilet or you get fined.

All the while they are fining people for you know having a green yard to prevent fires they make it illegal to burn the sage brush
in the wet time of the year to prevent fires in the summer time cause the sage brush is "endangered" LMAO!

If you don't believe me and believe CNN and NASA go right ahead though.
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 05:43 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Did you guys know the word NASA is latin for "to decieve"?

Uh, no it isn't.

Please tell me the rest of that post was also a joke.
Reply/Quote
It's all related to the Tooth Fairy enraged that god is getting all the credit for all her Toothiness's hard work..  Ninja
Hey, I actually received cold, hard cash from the Tooth Fairy..never got the first dime from god.. Nobody can prove it was really my mom.. Go ahead and try..  After all, dinosaur bones come from kid's teeth ground up and repurposed into old bones archaeologists dig up later on..   Cool
Be honest..it makes more sense than the notion that the big, bad government is sucking all the water out to the ocean to dry up all the land in the western US.. Right?
Toothfairianism is a religion.. and I'm the high priest..  Who Dey

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 02:04 AM)grampahol Wrote:   After all, dinosaur bones come from kid's teeth ground up and repurposed into old bones archaeologists dig up later on..   Cool

Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows that Hillary Clinton is a 400 year old witch who created the story of the tooth fairy because she lives on the teeth of small children.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 02:08 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Don't be ridiculous.

Everyone knows that Hillary Clinton is a 400 year old witch who created the story of the tooth fairy because she lives on the teeth of small children.

May her Toothiness smite thee dead!  With eternal toothaches!  Shocked That's why I have dentures.. 

Reply/Quote
(06-18-2022, 07:10 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh, no it isn't.

Please tell me the rest of that post was also a joke.

Im hoping the same.
Reply/Quote
(06-25-2022, 04:11 AM)Stewy Wrote: Im hoping the same.

Obviously you guys aren't aware of the government plot to suck our brains out via this very message board and convert us all into robotic devices to take over all of the west to repopulate with Bengal fans in Bronco, Raiders and Cardinal territory..  Shocked We'll just bring our eastern water supply with us..

You gotta keep up with Q facebook postings to stay up with current events.. 

Reply/Quote