Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moose to Rockies
It's said to be almost a done deal. Due to injuries, Rockies are adding Moose at the League Minimum, while Reds are on the hook to still have to pay him around 26 million, Ouch.

I was hoping a team picking up Moose would save Reds a few bucks, but No. It is a low risk move for Rockies, they don't have to pay him much. Reds are paying Moose to play for Rockies to the the tune of 26 million. That is a giant anchor weight holding the Reds down. The good news is next year no Moose or Votto contracts, and Reds should be in good shape to regroup as long as they don't do something stupid like sign more high priced players right away. Reds say they need to make money or they may not be able to stay in Cincinnati, so the Main Goal then is to Make Money. Have Joey Votto Retirement Day in September, that should fill GABP and make a few bucks.

In 2023, try to not lose every game in April again, and get fans back after worst attendance since 1980's in 2022 following no fans in 2020. Don't lose 100n games and get some fans back in seats. 81 Wins would be a great bouce back season after 100 losses. More wins should mean more ticket sales and More Money for Reds to stay in Cincinnati.

A healthy Moose could have a good season in hitters park Coors Field, and if Blackmon hits, they could have some Pop. It would be nice to see Votto earn some of his pay with a good final season in hitters park GABP. The Reds should get something for all the mega millions they paid out. By all means, have Joey Votto Day to fill the seats to get back some money.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
The Reds lose again with the Moose contract. I wonder when the front office will quit paying huge contracts to players not deserving. It is a business first.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
If he stays healthy, he'll knock 20+ HRs by playing in Coors. I like Moose, best of luck to him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
My apathy for current ownership makes me laugh hysterically at this. I hope Moose has a career year in Denver.
Reply/Quote