Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More 2 TE sets please.....
everyone knows the short comings of our offensive line Dead Horse

but something we can do to help is run more 2 TE sets to not only help block but also have them slip out for routes when needed

lets be honest we aren't going to find a stud Olineman on waivers we need to get creative and I believe running 2 TE sets will help

Side note the last T Kroft TD was a 2 TE set with both on the right side of the line....
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Plus, lining Hewitt up in the backfield and having him chip a DE while he slides out for a pass was awesome. Can we also see a few more TE screens? I also loved the middle screen and of course, Gio's long TD.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Unfortunately the state of the OL has practically mandated that the Bengals use either two TE or a TE and FB. They simply need the extra blocker(s).

I don't care though as long as it results in better production.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 09:07 PM)corpjet Wrote: everyone knows the short comings of our offensive line  Dead Horse

but something we can do to help is run more 2 TE sets to not only help block but also have them slip out for routes when needed

lets be honest we aren't going to find a stud Olineman on waivers we need to get creative and I believe running 2 TE sets will help

Side note the last T Kroft TD was a 2 TE set with both on the right side of the line....

Yep, this is what we need to do much more of on Offense, i will keep bumping this thread.

This is how you help out poor blocking Tackles, TE's.

Reps man.
Reply/Quote
I think Tyler Kroft is our guy, not Uzama or Mr Champagne glass. Kroft can block and can catch the ball both while Uzama drops too many and Champagne glass, well you know. 
Uzama may be a decent blocker, but I don't really trust him catching like Kroft.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(10-06-2017, 09:16 PM)grampahol Wrote: I think Tyler Kroft is our guy, not Uzama or Mr Champagne glass. Kroft can block and can catch the ball both while Uzama drops too many and Champagne glass, well you know. 
Uzama may be a decent blocker, but I don't really trust him catching like Kroft.. 

I liked what I saw from Cethan Carter in the preseason at the TE spot, would love for him to see some reps and get on the field.

He made some nice catches and appears to be a competent blocker.  Regardless of what rotation we use, we need more of these big bodies in to help block and occasionally sneak them out for some routes!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-01-2017, 09:07 PM)corpjet Wrote: everyone knows the short comings of our offensive line  Dead Horse

I agree.  Problem is we don't have enough healthy TEs to do it now.  Who knows how long Eifert is out and Hewitt got hurt last week in Cleveland.  Watching the way his knee got crushed I'm afraid he's going to be out a while.  Nobody is talking about it but I fear it will be lengthy based on the force and where the hit occurred.

Not sure if anyone has any update on his status (Hewitt)?

But yeah, two TE sets is the way to go with the swiss cheese OL we have.
Reply/Quote
(10-02-2017, 05:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yep, this is what we need to do much more of on Offense, i will keep bumping this thread.

This is how you help out poor blocking Tackles, TE's.

Reps man.

Sure, that is the way to supplement a porous OL, but you have to have the personnel to get the job done.  Thus far;  Eifert, Kroft, Uzomah, and now Hewitt, have all been injured in one fashion or another.  Heck we can't even throw an extra Tackle in at TE (ala Dennis Roland in '09), as we only have 3 Tackles on the roster, and they rotate like a revolving door.

Until someone demands that the OL start executing, we will continue to wear out our additional blockers.  They don't even need to do anything fancy on the OL, just straight ahead blocking.  Low man/Quick man wins those battles most of the time.  This "Zone" blocking business, trying to run block from an upright position, is about the stupidest thing that I've ever seen.  Very ineffective.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
have to have healthy TEs to be able to do that...and right now we don't

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote

I'm against it.....This isn't like when we had Eifert and Gresham......You put those 2 TE's up there and you can forget the run play because the D is stacked for it knowing the deep ball isn't coming and AJ Green gets double or triple covered. 

What I do see working for the new OC is the team is running the plays faster. Lining up faster. Throwing in some Hurry Up Offense here and there. They've taken the Hue Jackson and Zampeze garbage plays out such as putting the tackles out with the WR which never ever worked. It was too slow at the line as Dalton moved linemen back and forth, way too slow. 

I liked then new OC Lazor offense against Green Bay and Cleveland. Now he has his first game in THE JUNGLE.  I like what I'm seeing. Take the Gruden, Hue and Zampeze plays and put them in the garbage can because they are gone.  Let Lazor improve on what he is doing because it looks good.  

I knew Forrest Gregg was of Vince Lombardi which was great.  When I heard Zimmer was a Bill Parcells coach, I said great, we can use some Parcells on this team.   Now I hear Lazor is from Joe Gibbs teams.  I say bring it on.  We can use some Joe Gibbs Championship Redskins on Bengals.   I'm all behind what Lazor is doing.  Our running backs are catching more passes. More passes to other WR's. The TE's are getting more passes. Green gets his passes. The defense doesn't know whats coming and Dalton is spreading the ball around more. Lazor is using what our O Lineman can do, and that is Big Og and others have speed and can get outside on sweeps and screens without lining up way outside. Lazor part of Redskin Hog O Line.  So far I'm buying into Joe Gibbs Lazor and I don't want our old plays back. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote