Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Creativity Needed on Offense
(12-18-2018, 10:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: Very well said my man.....and welcome to the board.

You are spot on, as far as I can tell.  I'd also point out something that I read in the preseason, and before Eifert went down, (and then Kroft) about the TEs.  Lazor said we were going to see a lot of the TE in this year's version of the offense.  Until after Atlanta, we did.  I recall seeing all three of them on the field at times, and a helluva lot of two TE sets.  That gives you a plethora of options in the run game and passing game.  It can help with the oline struggles as well, obviously.  Once Eifert and Kroft went out, that was it.

This.

The TE injuries went even beyond Eifert and Kroft. They had to bring in Lengel and he was forced onto the field that week because Schreck went down. The next week Lengel was injuried. At times Uzomah has been hurt and just trying to push through. Until the last two weeks they haven't been able to run any heavy formations because they just didn't have any TEs to field. That limits the looks an OC can give a defense making it a lot easier to defend against.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 09:04 AM)Synric Wrote: This.

The TE injuries went even beyond Eifert and Kroft. They had to bring in Lengel and he was forced onto the field that week because Schreck went down. The next week Lengel was injuried. At times Uzomah has been hurt and just trying to push through. Until the last two weeks they haven't been able to run any heavy formations because they just didn't have any TEs to field. That limits the looks an OC can give a defense making it a lot easier to defend against.

You're right....there's been so many injuries, it's hard to keep up with.  I forgot all about Shreck, and I just read an article about Uzo's injury you mentioned as well.  Very limiting indeed.  It was worse than I remembered due to Shreck going down.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-19-2018, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: You're right....there's been so many injuries, it's hard to keep up with.  I forgot all about Shreck, and I just read an article about Uzo's injury you mentioned as well.  Very limiting indeed.  It was worse than I remembered due to Shreck going down.

The offense was putting up a lot of points EXACTLY until Eifert got injured. He drew attention of defenses which opened things up. Then he got hurt...and we tanked.
Reply/Quote
what we saw in the Falcons game with Eifert was where the offense was evolving to.
spliting out Eifert wide on one side of the field and Ross/Boyd and AJ on the other side.
defenses were in a pickle...WHO DOES OUR 2ND CB TAKE?
Boyd or Eifert? then that left Ross on the slot CB then you had Mixon as a option.
once Eifert and Kroft hit the IR, Lazor didnt have enough in the imagination to overcome the losses to the TEs.
Eiferts snaps and targets were increasing.
if Eifert stays healthy the Bengals are a playoff team.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2018, 12:05 AM)impactplaya Wrote: what we saw in the Falcons game with Eifert was where the offense was evolving to.
spliting out Eifert wide on one side of the field and Ross/Boyd  and AJ on the other side.
defenses were in a pickle...WHO DOES OUR 2ND CB TAKE?
Boyd or Eifert? then that left Ross on the slot CB then you had Mixon as a option.
once Eifert and Kroft hit the IR, Lazor didnt have enough in the imagination to overcome the losses to the TEs.
Eiferts snaps and targets were increasing.
if Eifert stays healthy the Bengals are a playoff team.

Eifert has only played over 8 games in a season like 2 times in a 6 year career. He's generally not going to be healthy, and the Bengals should know this.

I don't know that we'd be a playoff team. Our line is still really bad.

We'd be a better team though than we are now.
Reply/Quote