Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Durable Player: AJ Green or Tyler Eifert
Several seasons ago this would have been laughable. Now it's debateable.

Make your case.
Reply/Quote
You can’t be serious? Clearly AJ.

Green: 111 GP (since 2011)
Eifert: 55 GP (since 2013)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:56 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: You can’t be serious? Clearly AJ.

Green: 111 GP (since 2011)
Eifert: 55 GP (since 2013)

Let's look at more recent numbers...
Since 2017:
Eifert - 18 GP (40.9%)
Green - 25 GP (56.8%)

Green has been healthier overall but neither have been very durable. Lump Ross into this as well (45.4%) and you can see why the passing offense has struggled. 3 of the top 4 pass catchers can't stay healthy.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's look at more recent numbers...
Since 2017:
Eifert - 18 GP (40.9%)
Green - 25 GP (56.8%)

Green has been healthier overall but neither have been very durable. Lump Ross into this as well (45.4%) and you can see why the passing offense has struggled. 3 of the top 4 pass catchers can't stay healthy.

Well, if the team wasn’t a total dumpster fire this season I think AJ would be playing right now...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Several seasons ago this would have been laughable. Now it's debateable.

Make your case.

Don't leave out Ross who almost never plays. 
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:17 PM)kevin Wrote: Don't leave out Ross who almost never plays. 

Ross has played more than Eifert has the past 3 years.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Eifert seems to be operating in safe-mode and sacrificing production to reduce injury risk

AJ seems to be holding out entirely to play it safe as possible for next year/his next team

Ross has a tendency to make every NFL game look like he's storming the sands of Iwo Jima and he's at risk of literally dying on every play. Ross is actually one of the most insane players I've ever seen...on any play where he is involved I wouldn't be surprised if he scores a TD, has a terrible botch/turnover, or gets carted off the field in a body bag.

I see three guys who are in various states of "try hard and get hurt, or scale it back and do less."
Reply/Quote
Green missed what nearly half of last season, made it through 1 practice...then missed all of this season? 23 games in a row missed if he doesn't play.
Reply/Quote
I keep reading that AJ Green is a HOFer. Over the last 5 years...he's had 1 1000 yard season.

It's largely because of injuries, but still...he's nowhere near a HOFer.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Green missed what half of last season, made it through 1 practice...then missed all of this season?

Again...if this wasn’t a contract year, and the team wasn’t historically bad, AJ would be playing.

I don’t really understand the point of this thread...

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:31 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I keep reading that AJ Green is a HOFer. Over the last 5 years...he's had 1 1000 yard season.

It's largely because of injuries, but still...he's nowhere near a HOFer.

No shit

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:08 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Let's look at more recent numbers...
Since 2017:
Eifert - 18 GP (40.9%)
Green - 25 GP (56.8%)

Can a team win with 2 key guys playing that amount of time?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 12:33 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Several seasons ago this would have been laughable. Now it's debateable.

Make your case.

AJ is making Tyler look like Cal Ripken jr. at this point...
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:32 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Again...if this wasn’t a contract year, and the team wasn’t historically bad, AJ would be playing.

I don’t really understand the point of this thread...

Why do players who are getting paid to play right now get the choice of whether they want to play or not based on the teams record?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:36 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Why do players who are getting paid to play right now get the choice of whether they want to play or not based on the teams record?

I suspect Taylor and Bengals management wants to keep AJ happy because they like him thinking they can re-sign him.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:38 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I suspect Taylor and Bengals management wants to keep AJ happy because they like him thinking they can re-sign him.

I hope not. Spending big money on a guy who can't/won't get on the field is not going to help this team with so many other glaring holes.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:35 PM)higgy100 Wrote: AJ is making Tyler look like Cal Ripken jr. at this point...

At least AJ is actually good when he’s on the field. Eifert has been invisible all season.

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:36 PM)R3stangs Wrote: Why do players who are getting paid to play right now get the choice of whether they want to play or not based on the teams record?

Why should he risk injury in a contract year to play for a terrible team? Would you?

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least AJ is actually good when he’s on the field. Eifert has been invisible all season.

Eifert was great until all his injuries. Kind of like the ones AJ has now. Are you so sure he's going to be great going forward? How much are you willing to bet on that as an owner?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: At least AJ is actually good when he’s on the field. Eifert has been invisible all season.

Well, that's what happens when your OL is terrible. You have to keep your TE in more to block.

Plenty of times AJ is a no-show even when he's on the field. When he decides to take over a game that's when he's back to being a top 3-4 WR.

It's never about ability when there's way too much unavailability....
Reply/Quote