Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Durable Player: AJ Green or Tyler Eifert
(12-06-2019, 01:59 PM)R3stangs Wrote: So you're convinced Eifert is the same player right now as he was previously. Is that your point?

They basically only put Eifert on the field for passing downs.

Which ironically, they drafted Sample because he was a complete TE...who could block. And mainly use him in blocking situations.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:59 PM)R3stangs Wrote: So you're convinced Eifert is the same player right now as he was previously. Is that your point?

Huh? My point was Eifert at his best was never as good as AJ.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac doesn't seem like one who can adjust. We're 1-11 and I feel like Management thinks it's because we're missing AJ Green.

I actually disagree somewhat.
They made adjustments during the bye week to the blocking scheme to make the running game more effective.
I agree though that management thinks that if only they had AJ, Ross, Glenn, and Williams, the offense would churn.
Maybe they are right, but is the gamble worth the risk if they are wrong?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:05 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I actually disagree somewhat.
They made adjustments during the bye week to the blocking scheme to make the running game more effective.
I agree though that management thinks that if only they had AJ, Ross, Glenn, and Williams, the offense would churn.
Maybe they are right, but is the gamble worth the risk if they are wrong?

So after 8 weeks they figured out they had to block different?

The infuriating thing about that is people were like 'No one could win with this line!'...but a tweak in blocking scheme fixed it.

Pollack knew how to get production out of this line last year. I suspect Mixon realized that too as he gave him the game ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huh? My point was Eifert at his best was never as good as AJ.

Who said he was?

My point was he was better before his injuries. Since AJ is too something (read injured/special/whatever) to play how can you say how good he's going to be coming back after not playing for over a year?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Huh? My point was Eifert at his best was never as good as AJ.

That's definately accurate.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:07 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: So after 8 weeks they figured out they had to block different?

The infuriating thing about that is people were like 'No one could win with this line!'...but a tweak in blocking scheme fixed it.

Pollack knew how to get production out of this line last year. I suspect Mixon realized that too as he gave him the game ball.

It's actually been mentioned that the scheme tweak for run blocking was made to match what Pollack was doing last year.
It was not what was being done during the first half of the year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:55 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Red Zone? Is that a nickname for a hospital or IR?

Cable TV package... It's great for watching your fantasy team.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:28 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's actually been mentioned that the scheme tweak for run blocking was made to match what Pollack was doing last year.
It was not what was being done during the first half of the year.

So it took them half a year to figure out that using most of the offensive lineman we had last year that all we had to do was run block with the same scheme as we used then?

Wow - Offensive genius fits Taylor!
Reply/Quote

Wow how long did it take you to figure that one out?
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: The offensive line is bad. No doubt. But, our offensive efficiency ratings were considerably better last year. And this team has been healthier for the most part.

This 'modern' offense hasn't worked out.

I think you need to do some research on throwing to TE's under ZT. They threw a total of 97 passes to TE's in 2018 and thus far they've thrown 74 passes to their TE's thru 12 games.That's 6.16 passes per game versus 6.06 a year ago.

What might really help is if the TE's this year actually catch the ball as evident of 2 drops just last week for TD's. Maybe ZT would increase that even more if he trusted them more.
Reply/Quote
The Bengals love to sign players who are injured,or have frequent injury histories.Don’t think so? Just think back over the past several years.I know Eifert has had more than his share,but I will give him this.He is one tough cookie.And he doesn’t give up.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 04:27 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: The Bengals love to sign players who are injured,or have frequent injury histories.Don’t think so? Just think back over the past several years.I know Eifert has had more than his share,but I will give him this.He is one tough cookie.And he doesn’t give up.

He appears to be playing with less effort and aggression this year in an effort to stay healthy. It's either that, or injuries robbed him of his ability. He looks slow and like a tin man running out there.

Why we didn't trade him...I have no clue IF teams were interested.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 03:14 PM)higgy100 Wrote: Wow how long did it take you to figure that one out?

I’ve always known. I’m trying to convince the people that think Eifert used to be “great”

Any other questions, higgy?

Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:52 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Zac doesn't know how to use TE's in this offense. It's very clear.

Or running backs, recievers and linemen. Hell, I am not even sure he knows he coaches the offense. This reminds me of the Raiders hiring a 31 year old Kiffin. Might turn out to be a good coach like Kiffin is now 12 years latter. But much in the same he got this job off others accomplishments and just doesn't have the experience yet.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 01:56 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: He seems to be good at saying 'The Team still buys in!' at press conferences. I see some fans parrot that.

Hint: IF a team buys in, you don't have to keep telling everyone.

Great! We hired the next Jim Jones as head coach. Hope he doesnt start handing out cups of red gatorade.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2019, 02:08 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That's definately accurate.

But comparing Eifert to Ross was definitely a massive stretch. Eifert was a difference maker, and that was obvious when he was on the field. It felt like a different offense when he was healthy. Obviously not now, as he's a shell of himself.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Green is more durable, but Eifert's injuries have mostly been freak accidents. Like it actually feels like someone put a voodoo curse on the guy.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2019, 01:27 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Green is more durable, but Eifert's injuries have mostly been freak accidents. Like it actually feels like someone put a voodoo curse on the guy.

Hell, AJ’s most recent injury was the result of him being on a field he shouldn’t have been on in the first place...

Reply/Quote