Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Eifert concern?
(06-16-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What do you guys think about chiropractors? I've spent several weeks with them a few times and never feel better. In fact I usually come out feeling worse. Of course I think my real issue is muscle and tendon related, not spinal. Even though the chiro did say I have an arrow straight neck and some impingements.

I actually had bruised kidney once that I believe was the result of an over aggressive chiropractor. I would recommend massage as a nice alternative.
Reply/Quote
I hate it when my chiro does the trans-rectal manipulation of my lower back. Seems to me there's a better way to adjust my lower back. It's not working and it is very uncomfortable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2018, 07:52 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I've always had good luck with chiropractors but what people need to keep in mind, as has been stated a couple times, what they do is temporary. A lot of spinal adjustment issues are muscle related. Your muscles tighten up and it pulls your back out of line. The chiro adjusts and you feel good for a bit. The best advice my chiro gave me was to stretch and then stretch some more. I do it every morning before and after i get out of bed and i stretch throughout the day. Most of my lower back issues were the result of my glutes tightening up all the time. When i stretch those out, the lower back issues go away. With my son it was his hamstrings. People don't understand that when those lower muscle groups tighten up, it pulls on other muscles which can give you back pain. As was mentioned before, my neck is also 'arrow straight' so i have to be careful about slouching  or leaning forward too much, causing stress on my back muscles. 

I haven't actually been in quite some time but i'm pretty close to going back about an issue i've been having right in the middle of my back, between my shoulder blades. I've been going to the gym for about 6 or 7 months and i've developed this mid-back issue about a month ago. Not sure if it has to do with something i've done lifting, or if the lifting and my attention to posture has caused it because i have a small curve in my spine (minor scoliosis) and

Muscle tone is very important, as you point out. This is why I couple my chiropractic treatment with massage. My massage therapist is also adept at yoga, and she has taught me a lot about how to stretch what and why. Then muscle toning exercise to support it all. Desire and discipline is needed, along with a good diet. It all works together.
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(06-16-2018, 07:56 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: What do you guys think about chiropractors? I've spent several weeks with them a few times and never feel better. In fact I usually come out feeling worse. Of course I think my real issue is muscle and tendon related, not spinal. Even though the chiro did say I have an arrow straight neck and some impingements.

I had a pinched nerve under my shoulder blade once, one simple pop, and the next day I never knew it happened.  It had been three days of feeling like someone was sticking an ice pick in the center of my upper back.  When I moved the vertebrae a 1/4 inch, he popped it right back in, instantly relieving my pain.  They help alignment and disc issues, I don't get much relief if it's a soft tissue problem.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 05:43 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Honestly I would not be surprised if he never plays another snap.

I assume that he will be healthy for training camp, but he has a long history of not being ready when they say he is.

I FULLY expect he does play and play well. I am NOT sure he's gonna be durable.
Reply/Quote
Geez, we should keep this thread of Bengals fans whining about how banged up and hurt we are handy for the next time someone talks about how NFL players are overpaid and "play a game."
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 11:08 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, we should keep this thread of Bengals fans whining about how banged up and hurt we are handy for the next time someone talks about how NFL players are overpaid and "play a game."

Hey man, for $5M/per, I can lose 25 years and appear healthier than ever.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-18-2018, 11:16 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Hey man, for $5M/per, I can lose 25 years and appear healthier than ever.

There is better money in music .we should team up and record the next Sgt Peppers or something .
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 08:32 AM)Nately120 Wrote: There is better money in music .we should team up and record the next Sgt Peppers or something .

Just don't put Anton LaVey on the cover.

Reply/Quote
If tweaking his back in off-season workouts can knock him out for 45 days (or longer), I have serious doubts he ever sees the field again. What happens during an actual game when he gets tackled by a linebacker?

Far be it for me to tell a man his business, but it may be in his own best interest to hang it up.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 11:28 AM)Big Boss Wrote: If tweaking his back in off-season workouts can knock him out for 45 days (or longer), I have serious doubts he ever sees the field again.  What happens during an actual game when he gets tackled by a linebacker?

Far be it for me to tell a man his business, but it may be in his own best interest to hang it up.

Kinda with you here. TE's take a beating. He might be good for like 1 play and done for the year. Plus, even though he's a veteran, with as much time as hes missed he needs all the practice he can get and he's not getting it. Doesn't look good at all.

Reply/Quote
I agree with everyone who's saying he's done. He needs to retire before he ends up maimed for life. Which, he might already be.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
So just out of curiosity, how much of his new contract was guaranteed?
Reply/Quote
(06-19-2018, 02:44 PM)BengalD Wrote: So just out of curiosity, how much of his new contract was guaranteed?

5.5?
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-12-2018, 09:34 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Who's this "Eifert" person you're all talking about?

Just a missing person someone reported as no longer missing. I guess they were premature in announcing his return.

Reply/Quote
yeah, I feel for the dude. hoping they're just taking every precaution to make sure he's ready for week 1. but can't help but think he's probably on the short side of his career.
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote