Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Eifert concern?
(06-14-2018, 12:56 AM)psychdoctor Wrote: The kid is just snake bit. Sorry to see such a gifted TE struggle with medical issues. It just wasn't meant to be. I am so ready to move on and hope the team drafts a talented TE fairly high next year draft.

He isn’t snake bit.... he has a bad back. This will not go away.

LOL, anyone who thought you would see him for more than 6-8 games was dreaming.

I have a hard time playing 21 (basketball) with a buddy... and I can only do it once a week. And I’m a highly competitive and still active 32 year old and used to run marathons.

He won’t be healthy playing professional football with his condition. Period
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
As someone said in another thread, maybe they should put him on the PUP list until late in the season. Then maybe we could get some good production out of him if we're in the playoff hunt?
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 10:01 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: If he's out there doing stretches and team stuff, a day after "not being on the field," I think everyone is REALLY jumping the gun here.

He could miss TC just as well as he could participate in every part of TC; its too early to call.

But if he comes back the day after missing time and he's still doing the same things he was doing before, I don't see how this changes anything.

Definitely not enough to have people up in arms though. Pipe down.

This is true.  The team is so tight lipped, when it comes to releasing any details, that some folks just run with a worst possible scenario.  And, at this point, it's tough to blame those fans for that mentality.  We've only gotten our hopes up for a healthy Tyler Eifert, how many times now?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 06:35 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Except it came out later in FA that he needed back surgery for a herniated disc.

That was the "minor injury" that Lap gave him shit about. A herniated disc that needed surgery, which he still played through until he couldn't. I remember the guy being in tons of pain on the field, slowly dragging himself off the ground, and getting ready for the next snap.

Bengals medical staff F'd up (surprise), Lap publicly threw him under the bus, and then everyone went awfully silent when Gresham had to get offseason surgery as a FA.

Dude missed 6 games in 5 seasons as a TE for the Bengals.

I've had a herniated disc, twice.  I can't believe he even played....the last time, it got so bad, I had to walk bent over to one side so long, it eventually caused my hip to partially dislocate.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 11:01 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: This is true.  The team is so tight lipped, when it comes to releasing any details, that some folks just run with a worst possible scenario.  And, at this point, it's tough to blame those fans for that mentality.  We've only gotten our hopes up for a healthy Tyler Eifert, how many times now?

Yeah, my thoughts exactly. Why friggen lie about it? Really has no strategic advantage to mislead that a player may come back earlier than he will. And if they are not lying, then we have pretty piss poor Dr's on this staff.

Reply/Quote
(06-13-2018, 03:27 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bryant had surgery before the 2009 season, not after.  He did have some injury issues but he played in the final 7 games of the season catching 23 passes for 371 yds (16.1 avg).  He had 91 yds against the Falcons in week 12 and 116 against the Panthers in week 13.  He was having some problems with the knee but he was healthy enough to play and produce.  Then by training camp he claimed he could not even practice.  Clearly there was another injury sometime between the end of the '09 season and training camp in '10.

Actually his knee had not been right throughout the 2009 season as he missed 3 games due to it.  The Bucs knew the knee was bad still and that's why he had to go.
http://www.espn.com/nfl/news/story?id=4487567
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/tam/2009_injuries.htm

While Bengals doctors may not be entirely to blame for not catching it, Mike Brown is responsible for giving him such a large signing bonus for someone coming off knee surgery and poor production in the previous season.  I believe that Antonio Bryant probably knew that knee was still bad when he signed the contract but hoped it'd get better.  It never did.

I hope I'm wrong about Eifert and he has a great season, but I just don't have that feeling.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Eifert's health is always a concern for me.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've had a herniated disc, twice.  I can't believe he even played....the last time, it got so bad, I had to walk bent over to one side so long, it eventually caused my hip to partially dislocate.

my back was really bad about 8 years ago, I changed the way o worked out and even my proactively at work as well. it's so much better now but I still have herniated disc and it will never be the same.  I play softball once a week n some basketball but I can never play football again that's for sure.  standing for a long period of time does me in. sounds like Eifert might be done .  back issues are no joke
Reply/Quote
And... He tweaked the back, again.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/14/tyler-eifert-reportedly-tweaked-back-unknown-bengals-training-camp/

Quote:It turns out the issue is another “tweak” of his back, per Rapoport.
“My understanding is he did tweak his back just a little bit,” Rapoport said on Wednesday’s edition of “Inside Minicamp Live,” per NFL.com’s Chris Wesseling.
Rapoport apparently also noted the frustration stemming from Lewis spreads throughout the organization.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 01:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And... He tweaked the back, again.

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/14/tyler-eifert-reportedly-tweaked-back-unknown-bengals-training-camp/

Well, so much for jumping the gun :$
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 01:54 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: And...  He tweaked the back, again.

Rant

Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 01:44 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: my back was really bad about 8 years ago, I changed the way o worked out and even my proactively at work as well. it's so much better now but I still have herniated disc and it will never be the same.  I play softball once a week n some basketball but I can never play football again that's for sure.  standing for a long period of time does me in. sounds like Eifert might be done .  back issues are no joke

Standing does me in too.  I just put a new floor in my deck, and new stairs in it a couple months back......I had to take a few breaks and lie on the floor and try to tweak my spine.  I used to do that for pay.....back problems and getting old sucks. This is the first year I've had to rest my back doing things like that. With two bum shoulders, I'm off way more than I lift, no squats or anything not supported by a bench.  Running is out.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Well, it looks like my PUP idea might be a no choice decision.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote

Quote:Rapoport apparently also noted the frustration stemming from Lewis spreads throughout the organization.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I've already had a wrist and elbow joint replacement done on my right arm due to extreme repetitive motion syndrome (masturbatitis). And it looks like I will need another within a year or so.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 11:06 AM)Wyche Wrote: I've had a herniated disc, twice.  I can't believe he even played....the last time, it got so bad, I had to walk bent over to one side so long, it eventually caused my hip to partially dislocate.

Yeah, now imagine getting hit full speed by 240lb men in the back while you had that herniated disc, holding onto the ball, and then needing to get back up off the ground within a handful of seconds and get ready to do it again.

Dude was tough.

4th back surgery incoming.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Gronk had the same surgery last year and was still his same old self last season. I imagine that there ups and downs all the time in the rehab process.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 04:38 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I've already had a wrist and elbow joint replacement done on my right arm due to extreme repetitive motion syndrome (masturbatitis). And it looks like I will need another within a year or so.

Put some oil on those joints Tin Man. You’ll be back before you know it.

[Image: giphy.gif]

And your little dog too.

[Image: tumblr_npalodiChh1tnygkco1_400.gif]

Reply/Quote

And if he does every get fit enough to play, the first time he gets hit on the back he will be out for the rest of the season.
As I mentioned, It's time to cut ties with him. Possible move Tate to TE
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2018, 10:59 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Put some oil on those joints Tin Man. You’ll be back before you know it.

And your little dog too.

[Image: tumblr_npalodiChh1tnygkco1_400.gif]

That ***** still scares the crap out of me today. 

The Ring girl too. Although, she is pretty hot now. 
Reply/Quote