Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More (NEW) Fan Outreach....
(08-03-2021, 10:32 AM)PDub80 Wrote: It was Wes Mantooth who ABSOLUTELY renounced being a Bengals fan when they drafted Joe Mixon and promptly disappeared from the boards over it.

Now that I think about it, I think it was Trademark that would do that kinda crap.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:53 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Now that I think about it, I think it was Trademark that would do that kinda crap.

That guy has renounced his fandom more times than I can count. Often in the GDT’s during the 1st quarter lol.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:46 AM)PDub80 Wrote: Remember when you called into a local Cincinnati radio show once and tried to have a debate with a host and got rolled off the airwaves? THAT is what keeps happening here in these discussions. You are unhinged over wins and losses and cannot stay on topic.

What in the hell are you talking about?
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:03 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: What in the hell are you talking about?

You know what I'm talking about. 
Reply/Quote
[Image: tenor.gif]

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:21 AM)PDub80 Wrote: You know what I'm talking about. 

No, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about.  You're saying I called into a radio show and got kicked off their air?  For ranting about the Bengals?  Something else?  And how do you know this exactly?

I have never called into a radio show in my entire life.  I did call into Sports of All Sorts (Shout out Popo!) one time in college and the Xavier host made fun of my Bearcats.  I have no idea where you've gotten the idea I'm a radio caller that got booted off the air.  Either you have me completely confused with someone else or this is just getting a bit weird.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:46 AM)PDub80 Wrote: - I find off topic posts whining about something completely unrelated to be far ruder than anything I've written. When someone comes into a thread and goes off about something unrelated... THAT is unhinged.

- I didn't say anyone was stupid for caring about wins and losses. I pointed out how goofy it is to let that govern every thought or comment to the point people come into threads completely unrelated and bring it up... THAT is unhinged.

- This isn't "superfan" stuff. And I in no way, shape, or form am friends with anyone at PBS.

- I in no way, shape, or form represent the Bengals, nor have I ever claimed to.

- I told you I would buy you a Jackson jersey due to your incessant OFF TOPIC whining about wins and losses in threads unrelated to that and because the Ravens are winning (lately). I also offered to do so because YOU THREW A FIT AND PUBLICLY RENOUNCED BEING A BENGALS FAN YEARS AGO WHEN THEY DRAFTED JOE MIXON - WHO IS STILL ON THE TEAM AND WILL BE FOR YEARS. Yet, here you are.

- Remember when you called into a local Cincinnati radio show once and tried to have a debate with a host and got rolled off the airwaves? THAT is what keeps happening here in these discussions. You are unhinged over wins and losses and cannot stay on topic.

- As I said at the top of this post... It is super rude to come into an unrelated thread and start going off topic over wins and losses. I didn't just pick that dude out of a hat and piss on him for no reason. Say cry baby stuff and get talked to like a cry baby. What world do you live in where that doesn't happen to you?

- And there is absolutely nothing wrong with being a pizza delivery driver. They are essential employees. I have friends who do it. I tip drivers super well. 
I think the point of his post is just win baby.  Gimmick marketing and giving me a 5 dollar hat mean nothing to me.  The reason I pay 2300 for my tickets is because I am a Bengals fan and I want them to win period.  Win and you will have a packed house every week.  How many people are going to spend that kind of money on club seats so they can watch film breakdown at the stadium?  Anybody with the internet has access to umpteen you tube videos doing the same thing.
Was I happy when they drafted Chase over Sewell, hell no, 95% percent of pundits will tell you a potentially great tackle, trumps a potentially great wide receiver every time, no debate.
Reply/Quote
Reply/Quote
[Image: headache.gif]
Reply/Quote
I could go either way there. I think I would prefer to just watch the game as it unfolds, keep it simple. But a little insite from a coaches perspective would be interested. It would be better than they old line " we've got to do better".
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That guy has renounced his fandom more times than I can count. Often in the GDT’s during the 1st quarter lol.

I know. He was the one guy that could bring together the negative nancies and the homers and we could hate him together.
Reply/Quote
It's always interesting when the marketing Department wants to pull back the curtain on a struggling brand. Hearing insight from this coaching staff should be as much fun as going over K-Marts financials.
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I hate the term "Superfan." What makes a "Superfan" any more a fan of something than a regular fan. For years Ashley Judd was considered the Wildcats' Superfan, because she was always at every game right there in the lower arena cheering them on. So she could afford to do that, big friggen deal, did it make her any more a fan than some guy in Eastern Kentucky who can't afford the gas to get to Lexington, let alone a lower arena ticket, but bleeds blue and who's whole life and being revolves around Kentucky basketball, because they are out there in masses. Sorry, off topic, but when I hear "Superfan" I just want to punch them.  Tongue (and that's not aimed at anyone here, just the term)

Well, all i can say is i've personally received a game ball, autographed picture, tickets to a game and a ride in his Caddy, from Gary Burley back in the day. It's what made me a Bengals fan so until someone can top that, I'M the biggest superfan around. 

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:48 AM)PDub80 Wrote: I added to the post you quoted... and I love The Who reference!

That was George Duya.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:58 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: That guy has renounced his fandom more times than I can count. Often in the GDT’s during the 1st quarter series play lol.

Fixed it for ya!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was George Duya.

Holy Moses, you're right!!! Hilarious!
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 09:13 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That was George Duya.

Who is George Duya?

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2021, 10:16 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Who is George Duya?

[Image: 50804c4b38fa86e6ccb98d51d55a393d.jpg]

Sorry. Just realized i missed a "B".

George Dubya.

Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 10:44 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Yeah, I can see why Pdub was annoyed with that post. Not every thread needs an obligatory “just win games” or “fix the OL” in the first 5 replies…

Yes, if you don't want to add anything different, just don't post. But I will say it is entertaining and I need some popcorn...Popcorn
Reply/Quote
(08-03-2021, 11:22 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: [Image: tenor.gif]

(08-03-2021, 11:35 AM)Sled21 Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Damn you guys beat me to it lol
Reply/Quote