Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Preferential Treatment???
http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Michael-Wilbon-takes-head-scratching-shot-at-Bengals-50631784

Does this surprise anyone??

The Pittsburgh Steelers are readying themselves for a playoff game this weekend with the New England Patriots, but are dealing with a bit of a distraction right now.

Wide receiver Antonio Brown has come under fire for using Facebook Live in the locker room during a Mike Tomlin speech to the team following the win over the Kansas City Chiefs and it has sparked debate all across the sports world. The Cincinnati Bengals were caught in the crossfire.

Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheister discussed the Brown situation, where Wilbon took a strange and probably inaccurate shot at the Bengals.

Here is the exchange, via Cincinnati.com.

Kornheiser: "Do you see this affecting Antonio Brown's future in Pittsburgh?"

Wilbon: "This alone, no. But if Antonio Brown decides that he's going to be the poster child for diva receivers, then yeah. I mean, because Pittsburgh, they tolerate less of this than most franchises. Some places, you know, they suspend, they fine you. Cincinnati, they don't even seem to blink. But in Pittsburgh, they say, "Young man," like they did to Mike Wallace and Santonio Holmes, "There's the door." You can go play elsewhere. We can find another guy like you. And I think that position, Tony, it lends itself to behavior. T.O. - who is fun for us, but for a team? If Brown continues along this path, they'll tell him to get out."

By all accounts, the Bengals do not have a diva receiver on the roster right now and this has not been an issue, but it is another example of national hosts not being able to resist themselves in taking shots.

Cool     Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 10:50 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: http://cin.247sports.com/Bolt/Michael-Wilbon-takes-head-scratching-shot-at-Bengals-50631784

Does this surprise anyone??

The Pittsburgh Steelers are readying themselves for a playoff game this weekend with the New England Patriots, but are dealing with a bit of a distraction right now.

Wide receiver Antonio Brown has come under fire for using Facebook Live in the locker room during a Mike Tomlin speech to the team following the win over the Kansas City Chiefs and it has sparked debate all across the sports world. The Cincinnati Bengals were caught in the crossfire.

Michael Wilbon and Tony Kornheister discussed the Brown situation, where Wilbon took a strange and probably inaccurate shot at the Bengals.

Here is the exchange, via Cincinnati.com.

Kornheiser: "Do you see this affecting Antonio Brown's future in Pittsburgh?"

Wilbon: "This alone, no. But if Antonio Brown decides that he's going to be the poster child for diva receivers, then yeah. I mean, because Pittsburgh, they tolerate less of this than most franchises. Some places, you know, they suspend, they fine you. Cincinnati, they don't even seem to blink. But in Pittsburgh, they say, "Young man," like they did to Mike Wallace and Santonio Holmes, "There's the door." You can go play elsewhere. We can find another guy like you. And I think that position, Tony, it lends itself to behavior. T.O. - who is fun for us, but for a team? If Brown continues along this path, they'll tell him to get out."

By all accounts, the Bengals do not have a diva receiver on the roster right now and this has not been an issue, but it is another example of national hosts not being able to resist themselves in taking shots.

Cool     Hilarious

Does Michael Wilbon know it's 2017, not 2010? The Bengals haven't had an issue like this since Chad was on the team.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Does Michael Wilbon know it's 2017, not 2010? The Bengals haven't had an issue like this since Chad was on the team.

Does anyone truly believe that they would show Antonio Brown 'the door'???

It would take a criminal offense by him and the NFL stepping in would be the ONLY way he would ever see a 'door'!   Hilarious

I will become the biggest Patriots fan you ever saw this weekend you can take that to the bank!!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:03 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Does Michael Wilbon know it's 2017, not 2010? The Bengals haven't had an issue like this since Chad was on the team.

Exactly. 

We have the classiest star WR in the league last time I checked. What a bunch of bs. Othere than Pacman we have no problem guys off the field anymore. Unlike the league darlings the Steelers. 

Reply/Quote
Doesn't have to pertain to just receivers. Pacman.
Reply/Quote
I think it's more a shot at Marvin Lewis and Mike Brown than anything. We still have undisciplined guys flopping around after the play is over (Pacman, Burfict, Peko, Dre K.) and that's on Marvin.

I truly believe that our players are good and our coach just stinks. That's why Pittsburgh is preparing for the AFC Championship game and we are not.
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
Leveon Bell did drugs and never faced any kind of suspension other than what the league did. The Steelers welcomed him back with open arms.

Joey Porter fought some guy in a bar and caused all kind of mayhem and was coaching that same weekend.

The media narrative about how the Steelers are angels and how we should all suck their dicks is getting on my damn nerves.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 12:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Doesn't have to pertain to just receivers. Pacman.

Pacman is a lot of things....Diva does not come to mind. Competitive...yes. Thuggish...yes... Diva....not so much
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Leveon Bell did drugs and never faced any kind of suspension other than what the league did. The Steelers welcomed him back with open arms.

Joey Porter fought some guy in a bar and caused all kind of mayhem and was coaching that same weekend.

The media narrative about how the Steelers are angels and how we should all suck their dicks is getting on my damn nerves.

Hey now...the "Steal"ers suspended Porter for a undermined length of time. They just later determined that time would be two days.... Sarcasm
Reply/Quote
Also,

Those saying that the Bengals dont have problems on the team anymore....are you guys kidding?

Look at Pacman. He has gotten in trouble numerous time and the Bengals dont do a damn thing about it. His off the field issues translate to his discipline on the field.

Its not how many "criminals" or "thugs" the Bengals have on their team, its their unwillingness to do anything about it. Thats the point.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:39 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Pacman is a lot of things....Diva does not come to mind. Competitive...yes. Thuggish...yes... Diva....not so much

The only reason a "diva" is a problem is because they cause distractions and take the focus of the team off of just football. Pacman causes the same problems that a diva WR causes.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also,

Those saying that the Bengals dont have problems on the team anymore....are you guys kidding?

Look at Pacman. He has gotten in trouble numerous time and the Bengals dont do a damn thing about it. His off the field issues translate to his discipline on the field.

Its not how many "criminals" or "thugs" the Bengals have on their team, its their unwillingness to do anything about it. Thats the point.

Yeah...the meltdown in the playoffs last year too. Burfict and Jones personal fouls...that costed us the game. You could argue that Burfict's was ok...but that doesn't excuse Jones...and they re-sign him.

In the game Palmer got hurt in, Chad Johnson supposedly punched Marvin Lewis at halftime and had Hue Jackson in a headlock. Those type of things follow a franchise around.

Marvin doesn't have the best control of his players...but I don't know who could control Burfict and Jones.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:29 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Leveon Bell did drugs and never faced any kind of suspension other than what the league did. The Steelers welcomed him back with open arms.

You and me both WB!  I so much want a beat down in Foxboro!
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:48 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Also,

For me, the irony of this post by this yahoo reporter was, he is saying that the Steelers would never tolerate what the Bengals do, because the Steelers are a much more classy and ethical franchise, which is like the pot calling the kettle black!!

This nonsense coming from a head coach, who has coaches he can't control between Porter, and the yahoo that pulled Nelson's hair, but this is the biggest laugher of all, that this guy 

[Image: 16003250_10158127530530525_1623415759560...e=59116838]

is setting the standard for the 'role model' for NFL ethics????

PPPPLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSEEEEEEE!!!
Reply/Quote
I wouldn't call it preferential treatment so much as low hanging fruit. Face it - the Bengals are never gonna lose that bad boy image unless something drastic happens.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 02:51 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: I wouldn't call it preferential treatment so much as low hanging fruit. Face it - the Bengals are never gonna lose that bad boy image unless something drastic happens.

The Bengals earned it. They signed and drafted guys that were suspended and had issues elsewhere for low cost contracts.

Odell Thurman
Chris Henry
Tank Johnson
Cedric Benson
Pacman Jones
Vontaze Burfict

You can argue that these guys are talented...but if they didn't have off-the-field issues (minus Burfict) they likely wouldn't have been available for the Bengals.

Then these guys got arrested while here:

Robert Sands - Assaulted wife
Jerome Simpson - Drug Trafficking
Ahmad Brooks - Accused of punching a woman in the eye
Reply/Quote

Yeah, dude needs to keep up with the times, afterall it is his job.

But it is ESPN which says it all. Pathetic, they just open their holes without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

The Steelers have multiple players that are headcases, one of which got suspended this entire season, one is their great RB
who was as well this year for multiple games, they have a rapist at QB, Porter who is a coach and a thug etc.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 01:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yeah...the meltdown in the playoffs last year too. Burfict and Jones personal fouls...that costed us the game. You could argue that Burfict's was ok...but that doesn't excuse Jones...and they re-sign him.

I think that's because everyone knows the flag on Jones was pure BS. He didn't hit a ref, he simply brushed by him trying to get at Porter, who should not have even been on the field let alone in the Bengals huddle. Any other team, that yellow flag goes up on Porter, not Jones....
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 03:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Yeah, dude needs to keep up with the times, afterall it is his job.

But it is ESPN which says it all. Pathetic, they just open their holes without knowing what the hell they are talking about.

The Steelers have multiple players that are headcases, one of which got suspended this entire season, one is their great RB
who was as well this year for multiple games, they have a rapist at QB, Porter who is a coach and a thug etc.

It could also be that they know how many Steelers fans there are across the country, so they know that bashing an unpopular rival team will satisfy those viewers.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2017, 11:12 AM)bengalguy71 Wrote: Does anyone truly believe that they would show Antonio Brown 'the door'???

It would take a criminal offense by him and the NFL stepping in would be the ONLY way he would ever see a 'door'!   Hilarious

I will become the biggest Patriots fan you ever saw this weekend you can take that to the bank!!

You worry to much about the steelers. They're not your team.
Reply/Quote