Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More Racism, With an Island Theme
Was really disappointed that the, "Is the Professor Racist?" thread was not about Gilligan's Island.

Now, as my conservative friends love to point out, "we" all know that "they" think all white people are racist. So, let's go with "their" - we'll call it "logic" - and assume that all white people are racist. So, your task it to rate the people on the Island from most racist to least racist. Person one is the most racist, person seven it the least racist. Your list must have seven, and only seven names on it - the seven castaways on Gilligan's Island.

Here is my list:

1. Mr. Howell
2. The Professor
3. The Skipper
4. Gilligan
5. Mary Ann
6. Ginger
7. Mrs. Howell

Here's the (obvious) reasoning. Mr. Howell is rich, and we all know "they" think the only thing more racist than a white guy is a rich white guy. So, Thurston must be the most racist because he is the richest. His insecurity about his manhood is also a driver of his hatred for all beings dark and large.

Next, the Professor. Of course he is racist (Is the Professor Racist? How could anyone ever answer that "no"?). He is white. He wears all white. He classifies people based on their ethnicity and tribal culture, and clearly thinks the white man is superior by virtue of his white skin, white clothes, and books that classify people using science to defend the hierarchy that has whitey up top.

Next, The Skipper. No black sailors in his Navy. I rest my case.

Next, Gilligan. His defense for his racism: "I was just following the Skipper's orders."

Next, Mary Ann - I know she seems so sweet, but she is from Kansas. Kenneth Korner Kansas, to be exact. She grew up in the heartland of America, in the heart of KKK. She never had a chance. Shame, such a pretty girl too.

Then, Ginger. That hoe would hook up with a brother in a second, and she wouldn't care what filthy names the sailors (Skipper and Gilligan) called her or what the girls or rich racist T. Howell III thought about her either. But, she would hide the relationship from the Professor because he is a racist! And, his scientific mind is very judgmental. Ginger wants to be judged for her sex appeal, not her relationships.

Finally, least racist, Mrs. Howell. All of Thurston's ravings about the Negro being the bane of humanity got her curious. She's got Jungle Fever. Bad. And she's a freak.

What is your list?
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
Hilarious

I like this!

Here's my list:

1. Mr. Howell
2. Mrs. Howell
3. Ginger
4. The Professor
5. The Skipper
6. Gilligan
7. Mary Ann

Mr. Howell:  Obviously he has worked for what he has and all of "those" below him are just "takers"!  He's certainly not paying those lazy people any more than HE feels they deserve! And honestly he doesn't even want to pay white people if they are below his station in life!

Mrs. Howell: She doesn't "hate" other races!  She just "knows" that they are there to serve her and therefore she is "better".

Ginger:  We aren't sure of her upbringing, and she is one of those "Hollywood elite", but for the time frame of the show she would be part of a culture that thinks white people should get all the parts.  Asian, native american, all of them.

The Professor:  Based on the time frame of the show again he would still have "studies" that showed he was part of the "superior" race.  He may have some doubts and may want to do more "research" but he would follow the "science" of the day.  Besides who has time to worry about fixing that theory when he has to fix a boat!  Race theory wouldn't be a priority to him.  He would just follow the latest "research".

The Skipper:  This would fall more under the same as Mr. Howell.  Obviously "his" people work harder because he is one of them!  Look, he keeps Gilligan around no matter how many times hes screws up.  You think any of "those people" would do better?  But he falls down the list because in the end as the head of the boat he almost ONLY cares about getting the job done.  So *IF* one of "them" showed they could do the job then so be it!

Gilligan: No matter how many times he screws up he keeps his job.  And certainly he workers smarter and harder than "them".  "White privilege" at its finest!  LOL!

MaryAnn:  Yes, she was raised in Kansas.  But we know she was raised poorer and is a farm girl.  Lots of hired hands on those farms.  A lot of "those kind" working for pennies because they are "good at that kind of work".  And being closer to "them" from a socioeconomic point of view she would interact more with them and perhaps learn more about them as individuals versus an entire ethnic group.

My 2 cents.

Good thread/idea!  LOL!
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
Bump!
JOHN ROBERTS: From time to time in the years to come, I hope you will be treated unfairly so that you will come to know the value of justice... I wish you bad luck, again, from time to time so that you will be conscious of the role of chance in life and understand that your success is not completely deserved and that the failure of others is not completely deserved either.
I realize there are only 5040 permutations of this list, and we have seen 2, so that only leaves 5038. So, post your list before all the good renderings are taken!
(11-05-2016, 09:31 AM)xxlt Wrote: 1. Mr. Howell
2. The Professor
3. The Skipper
4. Gilligan
5. Mary Ann
6. Ginger
7. Mrs. Howell

1. Mary Ann - She's a hick and all hicks are racists.
2. The Skipper - Authority since he's the captain of the boat and no black crew left since he threw them overboard to shed weight and save the boat.
3. Mr.Howell - Filthy, stinking Rich - need I say more?
4. Mrs. Howell - ^
5. Gilligan - Helped the Skipper throw blacks overboard.
7. Ginger - Hollywood Elite...not racist in their minds
8. Professor - Academic Elite...not racist in their minds. 
(11-05-2016, 09:31 AM)xxlt Wrote: 1. Mr. Howell
2. The Professor
3. The Skipper
4. Gilligan
5. Mary Ann
6. Ginger
7. Mrs. Howell

Mr. Howell
Mrs. Howell
Ginger
Gilligan
The Professor
The Skipper
Mary Ann

I'll just justify two of these. The professor is not a humanities professor, but a hard scientist/engineer. So I don't put him with the Howells, but he is definitely not last. He could even be a Republican.

Gilligan is blue collar--likely a Trump supporter. Not an ideological racist, but believes that blacks and women get all the special treatment.

The Howells would be angry at my rating. They have given many African-Americans jobs as domestics, and no one gives them any credit.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
1. The Professor - he's a professor, and a scientist...his reliance on experience and real world data would label him a terrible racist. "Blacks don't do as well in school" - no, no, no **** your facts that's racist!
2. Maryann - small town girl from middle America....'nuff said
3. Gilligan - stupid, poor white guy...usually confused at who to blame more for his lack of success - women or minorities
4. Mr Howell - well, rich white guy pretty much hates all poor people....so that will label him a racist
5. Skipper - all around good guy who likes everyone....but his failure to acknowledge and embrace his white privilege makes him a closeted subconscious racist.
6. Mrs. Howell - too dumb and too sheltered...she judges people by the clothes they wear, not the color of their skin.
7. Ginger - c'mon, you know she loves the BBC
--------------------------------------------------------

I Never really watched that show. However I think most of us think the Howells would be the most racist. Ginger and Maryann the least, and the Skipper, Gilligan, and the Professor some where in the middle.
(11-05-2016, 09:31 AM)xxlt Wrote: Here is my list:

1. Mr. Howell
2. The Professor
3. The Skipper
4. Gilligan
5. Mary Ann
6. Ginger
7. Mrs. Howell

1. Mr Howell is a child molester, he's the epitome of one and his wife knew all along but turned a blind eye because she enjoys living the rich lifestyle.  

2. The Professor is a swinger and would frequently have threesomes with Mary Ann and Ginger. His favorite time on the island is when the two girls go down on one another and he takes pictures with his coconut made camera.

3. The Skipper is a Nazi and was known as Schultz off the island and his comrade Gilligan was holding the other group secretly in their own concentration camp lovingly referred to as "The Island"

...on a side note Skipper and Gilligan were lovers but the Führer wouldn't have approved!
Thanks !!!

Now I have to go back and watch the Globetrotters episode, under a microscope.

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk
(11-11-2016, 11:40 AM)Rotobeast Wrote: Thanks !!!

Now I have to go back and watch the Globetrotters episode, under a microscope.

Ha ha! Was that one in black and white or living color?
(11-11-2016, 05:50 PM)xxlt Wrote: Ha ha! Was that one in black and white or living color?
Color.

1. Ginger: Her name is an anagram for the most racist word of all time. It's subconsciously conditioned her to hate.
2. Mary Ann: Midwesterner. If you're from anywhere except NYC or Cali you're an ignorant hate filled hick, per "everyone whose opinion means anything."
3. Skipper: Only reason dude's a sailor is because he knows black people want nothing to do with water.
4. Gilligan: He's just a sheep who regurgitates every thing Fox News-I mean the Skipper-tells him.
5. Mrs. Howell: She's been bitching for years about the help screwing up her linens.
6. Thurston. Secretly paying the help for sexual favors.
7. Professor: If you're a professor that automatically makes you the most liberal person in any possible group.