Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
More news from good old Tennessee
(10-08-2015, 03:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If they want to move then let them.  Not sure why any of you think its a bad thing to move to an area where your way of life is reciprocated by the majority.  

Are you really sure you are in the majority where you are now, or do you think perhaps that some of the people around you might disagree with you but aren't actively attempting to make you feel unwelcome in their state?  It's just an idea.  Maybe you are in a state where enough people think exactly like you to make life tenable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(10-08-2015, 08:14 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Are you really sure you are in the majority where you are now, or do you think perhaps that some of the people around you might disagree with you but aren't actively attempting to make you feel unwelcome in their state?  It's just an idea.  Maybe you are in a state where enough people think exactly like you to make life tenable.

Maybe ... But when they start passing weird stuff I will advocate for change or I will leave if unsuccessful.

if you want to live a perverse lifestyle then go to San Francisco. If you wanna live in Muslim towb then go to Dearborn Michigan. It's really quite simple. if you want to live around fat women in Bettis Jersey's then go to Pittsburgh Tongue
(10-08-2015, 08:39 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Maybe ... But when they start passing weird stuff I will advocate for change or I will leave if unsuccessful.    

if you want to live a perverse lifestyle then go to San Francisco.   If you wanna live in Muslim towb then go to Dearborn Michigan.    It's really quite simple.    if you want to live around fat women in Bettis Jersey's then go to Pittsburgh Tongue

Funny you should mention that, because I'm from PA and I managed to spend most of my life living among Steeler fans without ever feeling the need to move to Cincinnati to be surrounded by people of my own kind.  Perhaps they should have made me feel less welcome to believe in something other than that the majority believes.

I do have to admit this approach sounds like the notion of eternal bliss and paradise religions present their faithful; eternal bliss is spending eternity surrounded only by those who believe the exact same thing you do.  Interesting.

Also, what do you consider pervy enough of a lifestyle to justify moving across the entire country to San Francisco...just curious. Are you honestly saying if I told you I were gay you would, with a straight face, tell me that I should move almost 3,000 miles away?
(10-08-2015, 08:43 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Funny you should mention that, because I'm from PA and I managed to spend most of my life living among Steeler fans without ever feeling the need to move to Cincinnati to be surrounded by people of my own kind.  Perhaps they should have made me feel less welcome to believe in something other than that the majority believes.

I do have to admit this approach sounds like the notion of eternal bliss and paradise religions present their faithful; eternal bliss is spending eternity surrounded only by those who believe the exact same thing you do.  Interesting.

Also, what do you consider pervy enough of a lifestyle to justify moving across the entire country to San Francisco...just curious.  Are you honestly saying if I told you I were gay you would, with a straight face, tell me that I should move almost 3,000 miles away?

Where did I say all gays needed to move to one place?

I only said if one place was unloveable for you personally then you should move. You don't move away from steeler fans because it's not a big deal. We all live where we are comfortable. I don't force anyone around me to live my way .
(10-08-2015, 08:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Where did I say all gays needed to move to one place?

I only said if one place was unloveable for you personally then you should move.    You don't move away from steeler fans because it's not a big deal.   We all live where we are comfortable.  I don't force anyone around me to live my way .

You don't?  Being against gay marriage isn't forcing people around you to live your way?  I would assume you'd make it illegal in Florida to be gay and/or be a Muslim if you could but I'm just assuming on those things.
(10-08-2015, 03:38 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You forgot the part about the woman who looked back to see the destruction turning into a pillar of salt.  I suppose if/when the lord destroys this county for letting gays get married we should be sure not to cover it on the news lest the whole turning into salt thing carry over television waves, too.

I honestly don't know if just SEEING it on TV counts as seeing it, but you know, don't want to turn into salt.
That was Lot's wife.
The end of that story was really weird, as Lot's daughters were going to get him drunk and have sex with him, to repopulate the earth (which they thought had been wiped out).
(10-09-2015, 12:49 PM)Nately120 Wrote: You don't?  Being against gay marriage isn't forcing people around you to live your way?  I would assume you'd make it illegal in Florida to be gay and/or be a Muslim if you could but I'm just assuming on those things.

That's just silly. I would have no gov involvement in marriage. If they can find a church or anyone to marry them then so be it, then they can make a contract for their legal stuff.

As far as Muslims ..... I live around them.... Not sure what this has to do with anything. You can think someone has a nutty religion and way of life and still live around them. The Haitians are the ones with crazy stuff going on down here .
(10-08-2015, 03:43 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote:   Not sure why any of you think its a bad thing to move to an area where your way of life is reciprocated by the majority.  

1.  Loss of job.

2.  Expense of moving.

3.  Distance from friends and family.

4.  Difficulty in finding a place where everyone agrees 100% with every belief one holds.

5.  The feeling that a person with some backbone should stand up and demand the same rights a everyone else instead of just running away.  
(10-10-2015, 07:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: 1.  Loss of job.

2.  Expense of moving.

3.  Distance from friends and family.

4.  Difficulty in finding a place where everyone agrees 100% with every belief one holds.

5.  The feeling that a person with some backbone should stand up and demand the same rights a everyone else instead of just running away.  

I never once said not to stand up or advocate for change to fit your beliefs.  But when/if you fail then you need to make a decision .... 1. Live with the way of life set by the majority or 2. Move.    

Most of us settle because we don't want to move .  But everyone has a line that when crossed they will leave.

I'm sure people can find places in this country to live around like minds. Very easy.